[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

Making Jon as the alternative is also a bit too pat.  At least as it currently stands.  Varys’ lesson to Tyrion early on is that power is a mummer’s trick.  What really matters is who people are willing to follow.  It shouldn’t matter as to birthright, instead what should matter is who has the best traits of leadership.

There is a reason all countries chose birthright in the Middle Ages and most countries in the many centuries before that. If another system had worked better, it would have been tried here and there and won out in the competition. Instead birthright won. Because there was no media, no communication from village to village even, so the people had no idea of knowing who the better ruler is. So if power can be fought over by people claiming they are the better ruler who the people should follow - it will without fail end in war and blood. Which it did, from time to time. And after that horror, people were more than happy to let the next ruler be decided by birthright instead, and let that become a deeply ingrained rule, to avoid future war.

Not such a bad idea in a time of little education and communication. You have a guy who is taught from childhood how to rule. And he knows that the country better be as prosperous as possible, because his son and his other descendants will take over. He has to make the country work for their sake, if nothing else. And he knows they will write about him in the family's books.

33 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Remembering her training she'll use the face of the horse to come close to Dany and then stab her with a hoof.

I wanted to laugh, truly.  But then I remembered the last few seasons, and that actually would probably be a better ending than what we might get.

3 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Not after episode 7 of season 7. He made a pretty bold choice after watching Cersei gettind absolute mad with Euron.

But before that, he has a lifetime of being obsessed with Cersei. Old habits die hard. He was always together with her, year after year near her. It wasn't so much love as it was that they were almost the same person. You gotta try for that one last time.

34 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

why? they were all proven to be exactly who they always were. If you thought Dany or Jaime were moving somewhere else you havent been paying attention,

Let's don't be silly. Maybe Dany had this coming but Jaime has come a long way from the prick that pushed Bran out of the window. It was absurd to have him run back to save Cersei

So can we talk about the Golden Company?

What an amazing use of all that money spent on the actors and the costumes...

2 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Let's don't be silly. Maybe Dany had this coming but Jaime has come a long way from the prick that pushed Bran out of the window. It was absurd to have him run back to save Cersei

It was absolutely absurd for Tyrion to even support his attempts to save Cersei.

I can't lie: I laughed when we found out that Tyrion was left in the dark while everyone else was informed about the new change in plans.

I gave it a 6 - for the action sequences alone.  Characterizations (HA!) were about what I expected since DD have had to do the heavy lifting.   My expectations were low, so I wasn't too disappointed.  They gave poor Lena Headey little to nothing to work with (as usual) so she had to make do as best she could with facial expressions alone.  The actors must be somewhat relieved to have this over and done with. 

So the final episode will be Jon picking up the pieces after Dany's display of "madness", I guess.   Ho-hum. 

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

It was absolutely absurd for Tyrion to even support his attempts to save Cersei.

He was trying to make her surrender. When people surrender they often get mercy. What started all this madness was the unjustified murder of Eddard stark when Joffrey ordered even after everyone saying don't do it.

Just now, Ser Loras The Gay said:

He was trying to make her surrender. When people surrender they often get mercy. What started all this madness was the unjustified murder of Eddard stark when Joffrey ordered even after everyone saying don't do it.

There was no way Cersei was going to survive even if she surrendered.

No way. She would have been executed all the same.

1 minute ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

I get that but I guess I just can't imagine Tyrion being worried about Cersei's life or the life of her baby. I guess it could fits for show Tyrion but it's hard to keep them separate in my mind sometimes.

Eight out of 10. Visually stunning, and overall I was satisfied with what happened to certain characters. My main gripe is the same one I’ve had all season-so much is rushed. I so wish they had the extra four episodes to, if nothing else, show Dani”s slide into madness more.   I don’t have an issue with where they’re taking it, since this will lead to a bittersweet ending no matter what happens next, but she went from 0 to 60, and  it would have been so much better  to see her change in 5 mile per hour increments.  I just hope they don’t leave Winterfell hanging next week. Maybe the showdown is with Danny going after Sansa for the betrayal, Arya  missing her chance and Jon delivering the final blow. I know-jetpacking-but they only have 90 minutes.  My big question is what happens with Drogon?

Edited by Damitol

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

There was no way Cersei was going to survive even if she surrendered.

No way. She would have been executed all the same.

Well, she should. In peace agreements that's what generally happens. What is absurd is Jaime not dying in the second he puts his feet on Winterfell. Or Varys when he meet Dany.

I've been disliking the show story-wise in its entirety since season 7, but I'd still find entertainment out of the spectacle. But goddamn was this bad. It felt boring and the editing was a mess. 1/10 for the effort.

Edited by Steelborn

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I get that but I guess I just can't imagine Tyrion being worried about Cersei's life or the life of her baby. I guess it could fits for show Tyrion but it's hard to keep them separate in my mind sometimes.

He loves his family deep down. That were a theory trying to explain all his stupid decisions at season 6 as a way to try and save his family from Dany in a subconscious level. But the show was never being that clever.