[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

20 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

dont you even recall Tyrion is season 1 telling Jaime.."you wound me..you know how much I love my family"

I think they have clearly showed that deep down, Tyrion really does love his family, even Cersei, which is why that scene where he tells Jaime you're the only one who didn't treat me like a monster is so poignant. He used humor as a defense, but he was deeply wounded my his father's and Cersei's hatred for him. He eluded to it more than once in the series.

29 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Too easily pushed over the edge?

Most people would have flown off the handle the moment the last of her original allies (a woman she genuinely liked) was killed due to really bad advice from her chief advisor and radio silence from her spymaster.

Most people, but not most rulers. Not good ones, anyway. And that's what she claims to be.

Best episode of the season, 10/10 for me.

I'm not sure where to start. I loved the action, that goes w/o saying, but I loved some of the emotion we got too, for instance with Tyrion & Jaime. I liked how Sandor told Arya to go unless she wanted to be like him, it was touching.

I LOVED seeing the Iron Fleet burned. I was hoping Euron would get killed there but the fight w/Jaime was good enough.

I have to say I had a little WTH moment when she started going nuts on the city but within a second thought, well that makes sense. I do worry for Tyrion due to his freeing Jaime.

I think next week will be interesting. What'll Jon say? What'll happen with Cersei? Where's Arya going?

Visually it was awesome & I liked seeing the fear of God put into Cersei,

To me, one of the most powerful episodes of the series.

No, I didn't really like the way Jaime and Cersei went out (and it might be different in the books), but the rest of it... this is the ending and the resolution to these characters that some of us have been waiting twenty years for. The moment the bells started ringing and Dany finally snapped--unforgettable.

Well damn. The Mad Queen. Damn. I knew it was not likely Daeny would survive this series, but I didn't think she'd go out like this--the death of the Breaker of Chains and the birth of The Mad Queen. She did exactly what her father set out to do. Damn. It's like that line from Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight, you either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

So I'm definitely going to have to re-watch this one one or two more times. Just the shock of it all was a bit too much to process. They kept giving us hints that Daeny may turn since S7, but I thought those were just red herrings--like the whole Sansa v Arya v Littlefinger subplot from S7.

3 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I still like Daenerys.

This is not the result of insanity. This is a typical Mars in Taurus reaction (lol) for all the astrology people at there. But on a serious level, she's not insane. She was just outraged.

I wish Cersei, Tyrion and Varys never provoked her.

Wrong planet for planet earth astrology lol

11 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

They kept giving us hints that Daeny may turn since S7, but I thought those were just red herrings--like the whole Sansa v Arya v Littlefinger subplot from S7.

More like started at s01e01

I don't get why people aren't seeing that her final reaction wasnt final and it was building since allowing her brother to get topped, and also weighing where and when she was in the power seat - ie when her enemies were being murdered horribly and brutally. She was at the place where her family got topped essentially and she lost it. Im fairly sure theres bell references in the book when the targaryns met their end prior to the books.

Edited by 420faceless

Just now, 420faceless said:

Wrong planet for planet earth astrology lol

True.

But Daenerys' reaction here is textbook Mars in Taurus.

If you piss off Mars in Taurus to the point where they are flying into a rage, it's your own damn fault. Mars in Taurus is so laissez faire, so enduring, so sultry that it takes a special set of people and/or circumstances to get them to the point where they become the raging bull in a china shop.

8 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

True.

But Daenerys' reaction here is textbook Mars in Taurus.

If you piss off Mars in Taurus to the point where they are flying into a rage, it's your own damn fault. Mars in Taurus is so laissez faire, so enduring, so sultry that it takes a special set of people and/or circumstances to get them to the point where they become the raging bull in a china shop.

You could say that its textbook mars in aries, leo, scorpio , etc with any degree of conviction. Astrology is just pseudo-psychology with no real proof using limited archetypical principles. May as well discuss people in levels of pokemon attributes.

Mars in taurus actually suggests anger erupting at insecurities ftr. Mars in scorpio would be more apt for what you're saying, as we're discussing a person erupting from a result of external situations that have psychological implications.

Edited by 420faceless

30 minutes ago, 420faceless said:

More like started at s01e01

I don't get why people aren't seeing that her final reaction wasnt final and it was building since allowing her brother to get topped, and also weighing where and when she was in the power seat - ie when her enemies were being murdered horribly and brutally. She was at the place where her family got topped essentially and she lost it. Im fairly sure theres bell references in the book when the targaryns met their end prior to the books.

I completely agree. I don't remember what it was but I noticed something in the books that made me think huh she's on the bad side of the coin. I rewatched the show and it was pretty clear she was going mad. People saying she snapped after Jorah and Missendei died missed all of the clues and foreshadowing. I get it I rooted for her for a long time. I think in the coming days there will be hundreds of articles and videos made about each and every hint she was gonna burninate King's Landing and innocent people. Queen of the ashes indeed. 

On another note and part of the reason I understand their frustration about this character that they loved so much and wanted to be the good Queen who was a Breaker of Chains etc. because somewhere along Jaime's Redemption Arc I started to root for him. Watching him go back to Cersei to die with her really upset me because I felt lied to. I think Brienne may have been part of the reason he grew on me especially after he knighted her I was fully in Jamie's corner. I thought he could have had one of the greatest Redemption arcs of all time if not the greatest in fiction ever. I thought he was going to redeem himself again and kept waiting for his hand to go around her throat. I never would have guessed that that was how they would go out.

So how did they come up with this mess? "We've only got 2 episodes left, we have to wrap this up pretty quickly. How about we let Drogon destroy everything and everybody that needs to go?" - "But Rhaegal, in episode 4?" - Oh come on, it will look great. Nobody will care about logic, the plot or character development. It's a cool chick on a dragon breathing fire! What can go wrong?"

14 minutes ago, For Highgarden said:

I completely agree. I don't remember what it was but I noticed something in the books that made me think huh she's on the bad side of the coin. I rewatched the show and it was pretty clear she was going mad. People saying she snapped after Jorah and Missendei died missed all of the clues and foreshadowing. I get it I rooted for her for a long time. I think in the coming days there will be hundreds of articles and videos made about each and every hint she was gonna burninate King's Landing and innocent people. Queen of the ashes indeed. 

On another note and part of the reason I understand their frustration about this character that they loved so much and wanted to be the good Queen who was a Breaker of Chains etc. because somewhere along Jaime's Redemption Arc I started to root for him. Watching him go back to Cersei to die with her really upset me because I felt lied to. I think Brienne may have been part of the reason he grew on me especially after he knighted her I was fully in Jamie's corner. I thought he could have had one of the greatest Redemption arcs of all time if not the greatest in fiction ever. I thought he was going to redeem himself again and kept waiting for his hand to go around her throat. I never would have guessed that that was how they would go out.

Great response. I'm getting flamed on another thread for making the same point. There are a lot of fans who need their characters to have the 2D depth of a Disney princess, but that's not how GoT rolls. We all agree that D&D are not a patch on GRRM as writers, but the show does retain that ASOIAF trait of sticking two fingers up to its audience, and as much as I've been burned same as you, I applaud them for it!

11 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Great response. I'm getting flamed on another thread for making the same point. There are a lot of fans who need their characters to have the 2D depth of a Disney princess, but that's not how GoT rolls. We all agree that D&D are not a patch on GRRM as writers, but the show does retain that ASOIAF trait of sticking two fingers up to its audience, and as much as I've been burned same as you, I applaud them for it!

I got flamed all week for sticking up for Sansa because she was the only one to see through Dany off the rip. She's been around power hungry rulers who care about power more than their people before. I fear for her next week. She is the one who noticed Dany calling it Jons war... Umm if they are YOUR people and YOUR kingdom it's YOUR war. I hope Sansa makes it and is in some place of power she cares about the people. She was the one who was worried about how to feed them. She was also the one who wanted to let them heal and rest before taking them into battle again.

Speaking of I hope Jon is as mad at himself as I was when I was screaming this is your fault too into the magic portal to Westeros. He didn't listen to Varys or anyone. He was so concerned with not leading and being pushed into power again (Aegon Targaryen 998th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch, King in the North) that he really didn't stop to think if Dany would be a great ruler or not. He was blinded by love very similarly to how a lot of us were blinded by a cool chick with dragons to hatch them magically so she must be a great Queen. What really bothers me is that I felt like he was noticing things in her that troubled him and never did anything about it. I never thought he would let it get to this point. He didn't want the job so let someone else do it regardless of the repercussions on the people of Westeros. (and their horses) he followed her blindly and even went against his sister's very good advice putting his own people in more Danger just to follow "his" queen.

Edited by For Highgarden
clarity

^ Absolutely. Guess it's you and me against the world then! ;)

I think Jon is basically very introverted and an extremely weak ruler when all's said and done. That's why he's totally unsuitable for the Iron Throne and won't ultimately sit on it.

Dany's is now maniacally paranoid and see betrayers everywhere - I hadn't thought about Sansa being in her sights, but I don't think she'll actually get back up North to threaten Sansa. I'm intrigued at the possibility of Arya donning a 'face' to kill her. Again, it's not a scenario I had entertained, but this episode seems to have set that up pretty strongly. Maybe it WILL be in defence of her sister.

I agree with the latest posters,

But... add to that, that Arya may be (again) the one who’s going to solve the problem...

(Maybe using Jon’s face, if she learnt Jaqen’s trick she doesn’t need to kill Jon).

If so, beside turning GoT into the Arya’s show, that won’t let anything... I don’t know what word to use, compelling maybe, for Jon to do.

He’s not that I want to see him killing Dany, per se, but his arc needs at least one choice that is not letting someone else decide, doing what has to be done...

Not even refusing the throne is enough. He has to take his own responsibilities.

He has to make at least one “tragic” choice, otherwise he’s just an incompetent and vile man.

Edited by lalt