Is the show beyond redemption?

A plot twist around the Night King and/or Bran would help. A bit.

Discovering that he was Bran  -or at least a Stark-, and thus didn't want to kill Arya and/or wanted to die (and couldn't commit suicide) because he didn't have free will... I dunno, there has to be a way to make sense of this ridiculous ending.

Or that Bran was actually the bad guy, or that the death of the NK is actually problematic for some reason (balance between ice and fire?)... Or maybe even that the NK was only defending himself against something else...

I dunno, I'm not a writer. I could come up with something with a week or two, and I'm sure an actual writer could figure something out.

But I dare not hope for any subtlety at this point.

17 hours ago, Chaircat Meow said:

It doesn't explain everything wrong with the writing and plotting, I agree. But it does explain why the quality has plummeted so much. 

No it doesn't.

There are dozens of people on this website alone who could plot out, write and then manage the end of a story such as this. And they'd do a pretty good job?

Why? Because all you have to do is write the ending.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 5:04 PM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

My question to you fine folk is: is there anything D&D could do at this point, no matter how much we believe they won't, that would redeem the show for you?

For me, alot would have to happen. For instance they would have to explain the ignorant battle tactics, wtf Bran was doing when warging the ravens & what purpose it served, give me some believable reason for Dany the mad queen to be happening, some believable reason for Jaime to be ditching Brienne & running to Cersei's aid, something better than "Euron wasn't paying attention" when Tyrion let loose he knew Cersei is pregnant, some further explanation about the NK, where are the babies he was getting from Craster? Why did they have to be boys? What was he doing with them? Are they the WW's? If so how did they grow up so fast? Why did Bran not tell Theon to stand his ground rather than rushing the NK? What exactly did the NK want & why?

It appears that they failed on literally all of the things you mentioned. Literally every single one of them. My goodness. 

52 minutes ago, WeDoNotKneel_HailMance said:

It appears that they failed on literally all of the things you mentioned. Literally every single one of them. My goodness. 

Yep & some I didn't mention. Their failure is truly astounding. 

Archived