Cleganebowl Predictions

Tywin Tytosson

I have no idea if Cleganebowl occurs in episode 5, or if it even occurs at all.  But I would like to hear any predictions regarding it, assuming that it happens.

I'll start.  I predict that Arya will take out at least one of the Mountains eyes with a dagger thrown.

I feel like Arya will save Sandor in some way, or be with him when he dies, or something like that.  She won't leave him to die like she did previously.  

I would love for Sandor to live, but I would be surprised if he did.  I absolutely believe the Mountain will be destroyed. 

I think the Hound dies. I also think most of the drama has been sucked out of this confrontation by both characters being dead already, and the Mountain lacking all personality. 

What I hope is that we get a Rocky II situation, where they fall at the same time and try to get on their feet in slow-motion.

Close to what I was predicting. I didn't think Sandor would make it, and the imagery of them falling into the inferno was one of the better moments of this episode. There's one part that was annoying, it will be in my rant. I did hope Sandor would grab one of those torches and shove it in unGregor's face.

6 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

My god.  Cleganebowl was epic.  

D & D delivered on this one.  

Yes, that was how it should end.

And Cersei's Hand Qyburn was killed by his creation when he tried to give it orders. Ultra-extra-super classic. Well, it was fitting. I like how Qyburn was genuinely loyal to her, though. He didn't try to run without her, and he risked telling Clegane to obey even after he had already disobeyed Cersei.

7 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

Yes, that was how it should end.

And Cersei's Hand Qyburn was killed by his creation when he tried to give it orders. Ultra-extra-super classic. Well, it was fitting. I like how Qyburn was genuinely loyal to her, though. He didn't try to run without her, and he risked telling Clegane to obey even after he had already disobeyed Cersei.

Qyburn's death, Cersei walking by the Hound untouched, the Hound's line about monster-Gregor being what he always was, the callback to the Viper eye-gouge...that was all perfect. 

Spoiler

RIP show Sandor Clegane, my favourite book and show character :')

I've always thought the Mountain was a robot-like war machine - no access to memories, feelings and 'programmed' to obey Queen Cersei and Qyburn without question. But this scene proved otherwise. It was pretty cool.

I loved that he was bald and purple. Gave me ironman vs thanos vibes.

3 hours ago, Lady Lovisa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

RIP show Sandor Clegane, my favourite book and show character :')

I've always thought the Mountain was a robot-like war machine - no access to memories, feelings and 'programmed' to obey Queen Cersei and Qyburn without question. But this scene proved otherwise. It was pretty cool.

Not sure I was onboard with that. It was a great heroic exit for Sandor, but where did Gregor the zombie get these emotions that completely overrid the orders of his creator and queen? I guess the idea that HATE is so powerful a feeling, it can takeover even a zombie mind, let alone a supposedly good and liberating queen.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Not sure I was onboard with that. It was a great heroic exit for Sandor, but where did Gregor the zombie get these emotions that completely overrid the orders of his creator and queen? I guess the idea that HATE is so powerful a feeling, it can takeover even a zombie mind, let alone a supposedly good and liberating queen.

Whatever Zombie Mountain was, he wasn't a wight. We don't know whether he was technically alive or undead, because we don't know what Qyburn did to him exactly. I don't want to think about it. 

If you think of Gregor as having died at the hands of the Viper, the drama of Sandor coming to get him has all its drama sucked out. But if there's still some Gregor in there, we get to see some brother-on-brother action. 

1 minute ago, darmody said:

Whatever Zombie Mountain was, he wasn't a wight. We don't know whether he was technically alive or undead, because we don't know what Qyburn did to him exactly. I don't want to think about it. 

If you think of Gregor as having died at the hands of the Viper, the drama of Sandor coming to get him has all its drama sucked out. But if there's still some Gregor in there, we get to see some brother-on-brother action. 

Not a wight, no. I think the Qyburn/Mountain thing is supposed to be a riff on Dr. Frankenstein and his monster. But with the latter the monster did demonstrate he had a mind of his own from the off. Mountain's came out of nowhere.

36 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I revisited the GOT wiki site, and it is mentioned that 'It is unclear whether he is truly alive or not'. His memories could have retained, just repressed. 

Though I do understand where you come from. Years of not seeing each other and suddenly seeing his brother whose only 'crime' was stealing a toy suddenly riled him up and broke him. It feels forced. I thought Sandor was the victim here and he should hate his brother more than his brother hated him.

9 hours ago, Lady Lovisa said:

whose only 'crime' was stealing a toy suddenly riled him up and broke him. It feels forced

To be fair, more recently the Hound interrupted the Mountain's attempt to kill Loras Tyrrell for embarrassing him at the tourney. The Mountain was fully intent on killing his brother when interrupted by the king. 

5 hours ago, darmody said:

To be fair, more recently the Hound interrupted the Mountain's attempt to kill Loras Tyrrell for embarrassing him at the tourney. The Mountain was fully intent on killing his brother when interrupted by the king. 

True, i remembered they had a brief fight during the tourney, but I didn't think it was enough to leave a deep sense of hatred towards his brother.

Archived