Have people given up all hope?

LearnToBeNoOne

Do any of you have any expectations after how this season has been so far?

There's not many episodes left to further explore many of the things we require answers for so will there be any sort of compensation in episode 5?

It's been a let down for many if not all and it leads me to think it's just focused more on surprise and shock rather than actually helping characters to successfully complete their journeys.  Something that's been at the height of every discussion.

There's a lot of ridiculous decisions being made and things being totally ignored, so what would satisfy you in the upcoming episode?

I've given up hope for the ending I wanted. I want to see either Jon or Dany to find happiness, but I am not expecting it. Still hopeful it can still be satisfying. Hopefully some sweet and not just bitter.

I haven't given up any hope. I am enjoying this season along with the vast majority of the 16 million other people who are watching it. The viewers who are on here and rant and rave against it are in the super super minority. A very vocal and passionate minority, but still less than 1% of all viewers.

I didn't like how The Sopranos and Seinfeld ended but I still love the shows.

30 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I haven't given up any hope. I am enjoying this season along with the vast majority of the 16 million other people who are watching it. The viewers who are on here and rant and rave against it are in the super super minority. A very vocal and passionate minority, but still less than 1% of all viewers.

I didn't like how The Sopranos and Seinfeld ended but I still love the shows.

I mean, have you seen twitter?  The reviews?  I think that we've finally moved beyond a small ranty minority and the belief that this season is a huge disappointment is now fairly widespread, if not the majority opinion.

I can't see how things could be twisted around in 2 episodes to explain all the dumb actions that various characters have taken, screen time/dialogue that was wasted on some really stupid topics while other, more important things, were totally glossed over.  

I've absolutely given up hope that the show will end in a way that I would find really satisfying.  I think that opportunity passed quite awhile ago (more than a couple seasons ago).  However, I haven't given up hope for it to be entertaining.  Not at all.  I think it will be.  It'll look great, probably have lots of tension etc. 

But when you consider that this is the END of these characters.  The last we will EVER hear from them, where their many-year arcs will rest forever - unless GRRM finishes the books by some miracle - and that definitely makes me sad.  Because I know they won't be done justice, and they haven't been done justice. 

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

The viewers who are on here and rant and rave against it are in the super super minority. A very vocal and passionate minority, but still less than 1% of all viewers.

That’s pretty damn generous to the show..

33 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I mean, have you seen twitter?  The reviews?  I think that we've finally moved beyond a small ranty minority and the belief that this season is a huge disappointment is now fairly widespread, if not the majority opinion.

Can you really trust that the vocal group is the majority, no.

As to the "outrage" that's gonna happen when people have had years of build up and what they see isn't what they wanted. There are things that I don't like at all, but it doesn't ruin the overall experience for me. Back when people actually bought cd's and tapes...I would by my favorites new cd (season) and I would like quite a bit of the music but there were always a few tracks (episodes) that I didn't like and seemed like they were going in a different direction than I wanted them to go. That's how I look at this. I still enjoyed the majority of the music and had to leave creative license to them. Maybe I am just weird?

Now, as to the OP, this is how I feel, others don't agree and that's ok but you have to allow for those of us who enjoy it to say that we do.

Just now, dbunting said:

How do you mean?

I would say that spending time on this forum could skew one into believing most everybody is ranting and raving about the show, when in reality odds are good the majority of viewers are enjoying the experience. But to say the critics represent less than 1% of the viewers seems absurd to me. I don’t hang out with a bunch of super fans, none of my friends, family or coworkers have read the books. Nearly all of them are baffled by what’s going on this season. 

Just now, UnViserion said:

I would say that spending time on this forum could skew one into believing most everybody is ranting and raving about the show, when in reality odds are good the majority of viewers are enjoying the experience. But to say the critics represent less than 1% of the viewers seems absurd to me. I don’t hang out with a bunch of super fans, none of my friends, family or coworkers have read the books. Nearly all of them are baffled by what’s going on this season. 

Misunderstanding of what I meant.  This forum has 125,000 members total. Based on episode reviews on here, more than half are favorable toward the show. Which is more favorable than probably should be since we are the rabid few who care the most.  The last episode got the most 1 ratings I think of all of them and yet that even was still only like 15%. So even on this rabid site with people who hate the show it still only had 15%+/- hate rating.

The show gets 14 mill+/- this season. So if everyone here hated the show that is still less than 1% of viewers. 

I can't watch tonights episode until tomorrow so I am not coming here until Wednesday, so I am not ignoring people pointing out my math errors, I'm just avoiding spoilers!

This is just an utter disgrace.

Give me a dragon and I see two non-writers burn ;-).

1 minute ago, sifth said:

So bittersweet to GRRM is Dany losing her mind and becoming her father and possibly Jon killing her in the final?

Yea, not sure if I agree with this.

Nonsense, the guys just wanted to see KL burn. KL magically exploded in so many scenes that it actually got kind of boring to watch.

There is no way that this is going to be George's ending.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

This is just an utter disgrace.

Give me a dragon and I see two non-writers burn ;-).

Nonsense, the guys just wanted to see KL burn. KL magically exploded in so many scenes that it actually got kind of boring to watch.

There is no way that this is going to be George's ending.

Didn't GRRM give D&D his ending ages ago?

I'd like to believe he's a better writer than this, but knowing that fact does scare me a little.

In fact I'm already picturing in my minds eye a chapter where Dany loses her mind and starts killing people..............not sure I like it very much.

Archived