Have people given up all hope?

LearnToBeNoOne

3 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Nah, we know what the show made of her, not what the author intends to do.

Claiming we know what happens to Dany is about the same as claiming we know what Jaime or Cersei are going to do, what Euron is about, or what the hell Sansa is going to do on the basis of the show. It is pretty much impossible.

This thing has literally nothing in common with the source material anymore.

Well, if they are loyal to Aegon they can all burn. They would be traitors then, no?

Im just so happy my theory is right. I thought that if Jon has to choose between Faegon and Dany, he will choose Faegon. Looks like the show basically proved that theory right.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Misunderstanding of what I meant.  This forum has 125,000 members total. Based on episode reviews on here, more than half are favorable toward the show. Which is more favorable than probably should be since we are the rabid few who care the most.  The last episode got the most 1 ratings I think of all of them and yet that even was still only like 15%. So even on this rabid site with people who hate the show it still only had 15%+/- hate rating.

The show gets 14 mill+/- this season. So if everyone here hated the show that is still less than 1% of viewers. 

I can't watch tonights episode until tomorrow so I am not coming here until Wednesday, so I am not ignoring people pointing out my math errors, I'm just avoiding spoilers!

This is definitely the worst use of maths I've seen. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Euron:  will die and probably kill a dragon.

Sansa:  will rule the North

Cersei and Jamie:  will die together

Dany:  will go mad and fail.

The show has spelled this out, the showrunners have said they used George's ending and George has said they used his ending.  Of course since he will probably never finish the series people can continue to believe whatever they want, but the idea that the show would turn Dany from hero to villain when it doens't happen in the books is beyond unlikely.

That could be the case if they gave a damn about George's intentions. But they don't.

Where has George recently said that they are using his ending. The last thing I read was that he hadn't read the scripts and based his previous beliefs that they would go with his planned ending on the basis of some conversations they had years ago - conversations that didn't exactly influence any of the writing up to that point in the last couple of seasons.

1 minute ago, Kyrion said:

Im just so happy my theory is right. I thought that if Jon has to choose between Faegon and Dany, he will choose Faegon. Looks like the show basically proved that theory right.

I'd be very surprised if Jon ever so much as met Aegon, let alone give a crap about him.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

That could be the case if they gave a damn about George's intentions. But they don't.

Where has George recently said that they are using his ending. The last thing I read was that he hadn't read the scripts and based his previous beliefs that they would go with his planned ending on the basis of some conversations they had years ago - conversations that didn't exactly influence any of the writing up to that point in the last couple of seasons.

I mean if you think that George is not going to have Dany go crazy and fail after the show has done this, if you think he's going to have her end a hero instead, and be the exact opposite of the show, nothing I say will change your mind, but it's obvious to me that this is the final twist and is too huge of a plot development to have come from anyone but the author and his endgame. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The show has spelled this out, the showrunners have said they used George's ending and George has said they used his ending. 

What exactly that means is somewhat vague, it could be a simple as they both end with the Others being defeated and Jon on the Iron Throne of a devastated Westeros. 

5 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

But why will Jon choose fAegon over Dany.

You do realize that the man behind fAegon is Varys and that the book version of Varys is sketchy af and almost certainly up to no good.

Jon would choose Aegon because Dany will be the aggressive one trying to destroy the city of KL, and Faegon will be trying to defend it. Pretty easy decision according to my theory, but the show actually did it, just cut Aegon and put Cersei there instead.

Basically I tried to offer a counter theory to everyone thinking Faegon would die and not do anything of significance. So first I said Dany will stop her war with Aegon and go north and die there with everyone else, kinda like in a "Unsung Story" kinda way. Then I later surmised that Dany will come back after the others which I think will be a comprimise rather than a battle, and thats when the second dance of the dragons will truly start.

Show basically showed that was right with Season 7 the comprise in the dragon pit. I always thought Faegon wiould be the final king (but the show has changing my mind now), and that Jon would die or something bittersweet, but with the show spoilers which I wont mention, has a different fate for Jon, and Faegon will probably die ala Cersei now.

59 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I mean if you think that George is not going to have Dany go crazy and fail after the show has done this, if you think he's going to have her end a hero instead, and be the exact opposite of the show, nothing I say will change your mind, but it's obvious to me that this is the final twist and is too huge of a plot development to have come from anyone but the author and his endgame. 

Agree, a lot of people are in denial. The details have changed, but the big picture is absolutely clear.

1 hour ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

The show has really, really rushed things across the board, but nothing seems as rushed as the transformation of Daenerys from a would-be monarch willing to dole out harsh justice, but who cares enough about the innocent to have on multiple occasions set aside her ambition to rule the 7 kingdoms to help and protect her people, into someone who did what she just did in episode 5. However, I certainly haven't lost hope that the books will handle this transformation better than the show has done.

I haven't even lost hope that the show will still deliver a powerful finale. I mean, it's not like there's anything left to rush. 

It could be that basically everything that took place during the penultimate episode was a prelude to the confrontation between Jon, Dany and Tyrion. Let us not forget that Varys more or less reminded Tyrion of the riddle about the sellsword and power.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

As to the "outrage" that's gonna happen when people have had years of build up and what they see isn't what they wanted.

All people wanted was good storytelling. This is an objectively terrible show at this point. Nobody is mad that they didn't see this or that happen, they're mad because the showrunners are clearly phoning it in and the finished product sucks. 

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Nah, we know what the show made of her, not what the author intends to do.

Claiming we know what happens to Dany is about the same as claiming we know what Jaime or Cersei are going to do, what Euron is about, or what the hell Sansa is going to do on the basis of the show. It is pretty much impossible.

This thing has literally nothing in common with the source material anymore.

Well, if they are loyal to Aegon they can all burn. They would be traitors then, no?

Well most of the names are the same, so I suppose that makes it like bad fan fiction.

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Have you read her last chapter.

In between suffering from attacks of diarrhea and from the heaviest menstrual moment seen in fiction, Daenerys is actually pressing the "f-ck Meereen" button. When she returns, she's going to return with fire and blood. But Qarth is probably going down first.

I read that period as a likely miscarriage. And I agree she's going to go fire and blood on Essos.

1 hour ago, Kyrion said:

Jon would choose Aegon because Dany will be the aggressive one trying to destroy the city of KL, and Faegon will be trying to defend it. Pretty easy decision according to my theory, but the show actually did it, just cut Aegon and put Cersei there instead.

Basically I tried to offer a counter theory to everyone thinking Faegon would die and not do anything of significance. So first I said Dany will stop her war with Aegon and go north and die there with everyone else, kinda like in a "Unsung Story" kinda way. Then I later surmised that Dany will come back after the others which I think will be a comprimise rather than a battle, and thats when the second dance of the dragons will truly start.

Show basically showed that was right with Season 7 the comprise in the dragon pit. I always thought Faegon wiould be the final king (but the show has changing my mind now), and that Jon would die or something bittersweet, but with the show spoilers which I wont mention, has a different fate for Jon, and Faegon will probably die ala Cersei now.

Why would Jon care about King's Landing with the Others and the undead in his backyard.

14 minutes ago, Levi5000 said:

All people wanted was good storytelling. This is an objectively terrible show at this point. Nobody is mad that they didn't see this or that happen, they're mad because the showrunners are clearly phoning it in and the finished product sucks. 

Requoted for emphasis.

7 hours ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Do any of you have any expectations after how this season has been so far?

There's not many episodes left to further explore many of the things we require answers for so will there be any sort of compensation in episode 5?

It's been a let down for many if not all and it leads me to think it's just focused more on surprise and shock rather than actually helping characters to successfully complete their journeys.  Something that's been at the height of every discussion.

There's a lot of ridiculous decisions being made and things being totally ignored, so what would satisfy you in the upcoming episode?

I think this episode clearly set things on one path. The battle now is between Jon and Dany, and everyone and Dany. Sad irony, Dany is fulfilling Cersei's fears and predictions for her, coming in mad burning things, with a wild bunch of Dothraki crashing everyone's party.

I am reiterating my opinion that if Jon ends up on the throne, Aegon will end up on the throne in the books. I think they gave Jon the name Aegon Targaryen, because that is who ends up on the throne and in D&D logic it would be the same ending as the books.

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Have you read her last chapter.

In between suffering from attacks of diarrhea and from the heaviest menstrual moment seen in fiction, Daenerys is actually pressing the "f-ck Meereen" button. When she returns, she's going to return with fire and blood. But Qarth is probably going down first.

Have you? "I should get up, she told herself. I have to walk. I have to follow the stream". This is her still making her way back to Meereen after her "Dragons plant no trees" epiphany. She's going to go back and finish what she started. She's going to press the "fuck Slavers" button. And she won't have to "fire and blood" the whole continent to do it, because there's clearly going to be a mass slave revolt.

Has anyone noticed in interviews it's pretty clear that even the actors hated the ending. Emilia Clarks interviews solidified the Dany going mad theory in my mind about a month before this season aired. None of them look happy when talking about the ending. Peter Dinklage looked downright depressed when asked about the ending said it was epic and rolled his eyes.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

As to the "outrage" that's gonna happen when people have had years of build up and what they see isn't what they wanted. There are things that I don't like at all, but it doesn't ruin the overall experience for me.

There are a lot of things that haven't gone the way I want them too, but like you, it doesn't ruin the overall experience for me. The unpredictability of this show is one of the things I love about it, even though it so often goes against what I wanted to happen.

I am very irritated that they are trying to squeeze so much into <8 hours of air time, and I think it could have been done better, but am I enjoying it for the sheer entertainment factor? Absolutely!!

Archived