Have people given up all hope?

LearnToBeNoOne

No matter how much I will dislike the final episode and the ending, I get some measure of satisfaction out of knowing that Daenerys is now exactly like her father despite all her protestations to the contrary. Actually, she may be worse because Aerys II never actually burned down King's Landing.

5 hours ago, Syphon the Sanitator said:

No matter how much I will dislike the final episode and the ending, I get some measure of satisfaction out of knowing that Daenerys is now exactly like her father despite all her protestations to the contrary. Actually, she may be worse because Aerys II never actually burned down King's Landing.

Concurred. I've seen the leaks and the ending is pretty grim, they've totally cut the "sweet" from "bittersweet". But yeah, I am glad Dany has shown her true colours and she'll not be ruling over the seven kingdoms and burning anyone who looks at her funny. That's the only silver lining on this.

Yes. The whole story was that petty politics are irrelevant against the real threat. The white walkers became merely a footnote in the story and petty politics became the main theme. That’s what disappointed me most. Dany going mad queen was obvious from the beginning. 

15 hours ago, sifth said:

Truman warned Japan and they didn’t listen. What warning did these people have?

Quite a lot I'd imagine, they saw the show of force and the dragons at the end of S7, anyone with half a brain would realise Cersei was going to lose, really, if they didn't leave Kings Landing in the time between the S7 finale and Danys attack then more fool them, not that I'm condoning what she did btw, just that they would have had quite a bit of warning.

21 hours ago, dbunting said:

I laughed when I read this, I did say in the last line that my math was likely f'd up~!!!

Since you are likely better, and most people are, can you get the percentage I was looking for?

I am not particularly good at math, but I just noticed the petition to "remake season 8 with competent writers" has crossed half million signatures. I predict that by the time of the series finale release, it will reach a million. And it will continue to grow. 

Episode 5 was watched by 12.48 million viewers. Let's say that multi-platform figures rise to 18 million.  The fact that right now there are at least 3% of the viewership that thinks season 8 is that bad as to put their signatures into a petition to remake the whole season, speaks volumes. 

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

By the way, I do think that this season is crap, I am severely disappointed, and yet I didn't sign that petition. I didn't because I feel really sorry for all the people who worked so hard. But the writers and HBO deserve the blame, and it won't fade away the fact that so many people are voicing their disappointment

54 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Quite a lot I'd imagine, they saw the show of force and the dragons at the end of S7, anyone with half a brain would realise Cersei was going to lose, really, if they didn't leave Kings Landing in the time between the S7 finale and Danys attack then more fool them, not that I'm condoning what she did btw, just that they would have had quite a bit of warning.

You couldn't pay me to stay in a city that was the target of a siege or a wholesale attack.

I would've taken my family and gotten the hell out of King's Landing during the season 7 finale; the night before the big battle every knew that was going to happen in season 8 episode 4 at the absolute latest. If I felt that attached to the city, I'd come back after the battle had been over.

Yes.

Its the worst ending you could possibly imagine. It has no moral point. They simply wanted to go for a dark ending for the shock value. Such edge.

Dany has one really bad day and decided she needs to kill a million innocent people rather than just take the throne. I don’t buy it and I don’t like it. 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

How exactly is that Dany telling them, "if you stay here, you will die"

You're reaching there with that one.

55 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

You couldn't pay me to stay in a city that was the target of a siege or a wholesale attack.

I would've taken my family and gotten the hell out of King's Landing during the season 7 finale; the night before the big battle every knew that was going to happen in season 8 episode 4 at the absolute latest. If I felt that attached to the city, I'd come back after the battle had been over.

Exactly, why anyone would want to stay is beyond me.

23 minutes ago, sifth said:

How exactly is that Dany telling them, "if you stay here, you will die"

You're reaching there with that one.

Well as it's a Medieval setting there doesn't seem to be a very high price on civilian casualties, why on earth would you want to stay in a city that is about to undergo a huge war between a mad queen who blows up septs and hates you or another mad queen who burns things with dragons, hanging around to be killed by soldiers,raped or immolated by dragonfire is just really,really stupid, they should have had the common sense to leave, not go to the fucking Red Keep.

2 hours ago, Tyrion1991 said:

Dany has one really bad day and decided she needs to kill a million innocent people rather than just take the throne. I don’t buy it and I don’t like it. 

She was tortured and abused by her brother her whole life. She was sold off to a "savage" so he could have an army. In her mind she feels raped at the beginning by Drogo. Someone tries to poison her and her unborn child. Her brother puts a knife to her belly while pregnant. She see him burned alive. She loses her husband and child. She and her few people walk across a wasteland of desert. She reaches Qarth and her best friend betrays her and her babies get kidnapped. She starts freeing slaves and trying to rule and gets attacked in the pits, flies off and gets taken by the Dothraki. They all tell her she is either staying there forever, getting killed, or getting raped by every living male, then getting killed. She loses half her fleet, Greyjoys, Dorne, before getting to dragonstone. Loses a child while trying to prove to Cersei that there is a bigger threat north of the wall. She loses her Bear Jorah Mormont, half the Dothraki and Unsullied fighting the others while getting very little love or respect from the people she saved. Her life has been about getting her birth right back, and now she finds out the man she loves...actually it's his birth right not hers. She heads south, loses another child, and her BFF. Finds out that her Hand knows about Jon and that he told Varys before telling her.

So yeah, one bad day.

2 hours ago, Tyrion1991 said:

Well everybody takes it differently... 

16 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Well everybody takes it differently... 

22 minutes ago, dbunting said:

She was tortured and abused by her brother her whole life. She was sold off to a "savage" so he could have an army. In her mind she feels raped at the beginning by Drogo. Someone tries to poison her and her unborn child. Her brother puts a knife to her belly while pregnant. She see him burned alive. She loses her husband and child. She and her few people walk across a wasteland of desert. She reaches Qarth and her best friend betrays her and her babies get kidnapped. She starts freeing slaves and trying to rule and gets attacked in the pits, flies off and gets taken by the Dothraki. They all tell her she is either staying there forever, getting killed, or getting raped by every living male, then getting killed. She loses half her fleet, Greyjoys, Dorne, before getting to dragonstone. Loses a child while trying to prove to Cersei that there is a bigger threat north of the wall. She loses her Bear Jorah Mormont, half the Dothraki and Unsullied fighting the others while getting very little love or respect from the people she saved. Her life has been about getting her birth right back, and now she finds out the man she loves...actually it's his birth right not hers. She heads south, loses another child, and her BFF. Finds out that her Hand knows about Jon and that he told Varys before telling her.

So yeah, one bad day.

Yes it really is one bad day.

At Winterfell Dany agrees not to assault Kings Landing but to siege them out until the people rise up. That’s the middle of episode 4. At that point she’s not quite prepared to attack the city in war; let alone intentionally kill civilians.

Between then and Kings Landing she decides to kill a million innocent people who have surrendered.

It is entirely dependent on events playing out as they did. Let’s say Jorah is only wounded and Dany takes the land route. None of those deaths occur and she isn’t alone anymore so would not do it. 

So yes, it really is one bad day. 

Just now, Tyrion1991 said:

Yes it really is one bad day.

At Winterfell Dany agrees not to assault Kings Landing but to siege them out until the people rise up. That’s the middle of episode 4. At that point she’s not quite prepared to attack the city in war; let alone intentionally kill civilians.

Between then and Kings Landing she decides to kill a million innocent people who have surrendered.

It is entirely dependent on events playing out as they did. Let’s say Jorah is only wounded and Dany takes the land route. None of those deaths occur and she isn’t alone anymore so would not do it. 

So yes, it really is one bad day. 

Don't worry, she will get over it. 

Archived