Jump to content
LearnToBeNoOne

Have people given up all hope?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, TNTW said:

I've given up hope for the ending I wanted. I want to see either Jon or Dany to find happiness, but I am not expecting it. Still hopeful it can still be satisfying. Hopefully some sweet and not just bitter.

I have given up this shit show since season 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofcourse Dany is heading this way in the books. Did you read book five? Where Viserys told Dany to become a dragon? Hello?

Dany turns her back on Meereen, and flies off with Drogon to save him. Tells you all you have to know really....Daenerys will become the dragon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyrion said:

Ofcourse Dany is heading this way in the books. Did you read book five? Where Viserys told Dany to become a dragon? Hello?

Dany turns her back on Meereen, and flies off with Drogon to save him. Tells you all you have to know really....Daenerys will become the dragon.

Yes. And I'm sure that in the last chapter of the last book she will snap when hearing bells and will kill everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sifth said:

Didn't GRRM give D&D his ending ages ago?

I'd like to believe he's a better writer than this, but knowing that fact does scare me a little.

In fact I'm already picturing in my minds eye a chapter where Dany loses her mind and starts killing people..............not sure I like it very much.

She can burn all of Westeros for all I care - they would deserve it if so much a single of the people there behaved even remotely in the way any of the show characters behave - but SHE NEEDS A FUCKING REASON FOR DOING SO!

And she didn't get any of those.

I mean, what is the fucking point? They fucking surrendered and the fucking castle where the fucking enemy is in gets spared for what seems to be half and hour? What is the bloody point?!

If she wants to slaughter people she can use her troops for that - this would also allow her to torture them cruelly before she kills them, now that I think of it.

But the city and its people? And the Red Keep? She wants to rule that fucking place.

Yeah, George gave them his planned ending a couple of years ago - but I say pretty much nothing of that made it into the show. We had ample evidence of that in the Others plot.

Also, there is literally no chance in hell that the Kingslanders would ever resist a Targaryen restoration, especially not after she just saved all of mankind. Nor is any person in the book going to make a fuzz about people being butchered in a sack. That's part of medieval warfare. Tywin sacked KL, the Greens sacked Tumbleton during the Dance, Bittersteel sacked Qohor, Stannis would have sacked KL, etc.

If it came to a point when it was necessary to destroy KL doing that would most likely be entirely justified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nami said:

Yes. And I'm sure that in the last chapter of the last book she will snap when hearing bells and will kill everyone.

I guess Aerys II also always heard strange bells. No, wait a minute. That's Jon Connington. And his bells will likely stop ringing when throws Myrcella into the spikes in the dry moat and crushes Tommen's head against a wall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that as far as sticking the landing goes, they wouldn't get more than 3 out of 5 Hindenburgs.  Was a sweet summer child, once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

Ofcourse Dany is heading this way in the books. Did you read book five? Where Viserys told Dany to become a dragon? Hello?

Dany turns her back on Meereen, and flies off with Drogon to save him. Tells you all you have to know really....Daenerys will become the dragon.

Except before Drogon carries her off, she's still trying to make her way back to Meereen. She didn't abandon the city at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Except before Drogon carries her off, she's still trying to make her way back to Meereen. She didn't abandon the city at all.

Dany abandons her ridiculously soft and pointless appeasement politics towards slavery. That's not the same as burning down a city full of innocents who should be, for the most part, Targaryen loyalists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

She can burn all of Westeros for all I care - they would deserve it if so much a single of the people there behaved even remotely in the way any of the show characters behave - but SHE NEEDS A FUCKING REASON FOR DOING SO!

And she didn't get any of those.

I mean, what is the fucking point? They fucking surrendered and the fucking castle where the fucking enemy is in gets spared for what seems to be half and hour? What is the bloody point?!

If she wants to slaughter people she can use her troops for that - this would also allow her to torture them cruelly before she kills them, now that I think of it.

But the city and its people? And the Red Keep? She wants to rule that fucking place.

Yeah, George gave them his planned ending a couple of years ago - but I say pretty much nothing of that made it into the show. We had ample evidence of that in the Others plot.

Also, there is literally no chance in hell that the Kingslanders would ever resist a Targaryen restoration, especially not after she just saved all of mankind. Nor is any person in the book going to make a fuzz about people being butchered in a sack. That's part of medieval warfare. Tywin sacked KL, the Greens sacked Tumbleton during the Dance, Bittersteel sacked Qohor, Stannis would have sacked KL, etc.

If it came to a point when it was necessary to destroy KL doing that would most likely be entirely justified.

In another thread, I mentioned that by this point in the series, King's Landing will be worse than hell on earth. Ground zero for greyscale epidemic, zombies running on ice magic are probably still floating around. Euron will turn the city into his playground and his launchpad for eldritch world domination and Qyburn will turn the parts of the city he has been given leave towards into his science lab. Cersei will just be that one drunk chick in the Red Keep's version of the Burlington Bar enjoying the show and pouring all of Casterly Rock's gold down the drain...not knowing that she's next on the hit-list.

Aegon and JonCon will long be dead.

Not to mention that the city is a cesspool to everything wrong about humanity.

It's going to have to go.

Daenerys Stormborn, as the Breaker of Chains, Slayer of Lies, Daughter of Death, Bride of Fire and whatever else, is going to save the world by wiping King's Landing clean off the map. Whether she is able to do it in time to stop Euron remains to be seen. But people aren't going to like that.

See how hard that was. I conceptualized in ten minutes just based off my knowledge of the past five books and the trajectory of the series.

But somehow professional screenwriters took two years to make this.

Give me a break

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

I haven't given up any hope. I am enjoying this season along with the vast majority of the 16 million other people who are watching it. The viewers who are on here and rant and rave against it are in the super super minority. A very vocal and passionate minority, but still less than 1% of all viewers.

I didn't like how The Sopranos and Seinfeld ended but I still love the shows.

It's not a minority anymore bruh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Except before Drogon carries her off, she's still trying to make her way back to Meereen. She didn't abandon the city at all.

Have you read her last chapter.

In between suffering from attacks of diarrhea and from the heaviest menstrual moment seen in fiction, Daenerys is actually pressing the "f-ck Meereen" button. When she returns, she's going to return with fire and blood. But Qarth is probably going down first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Have you read her last chapter.

In between suffering from attacks of diarrhea and from the heaviest menstrual moment seen in fiction, Daenerys is actually pressing the "f-ck Meereen" button. When she returns, she's going to return with fire and blood. But Qarth is probably going down first.

Yeah, this ending means the author isn't going to have to spend another 700 chapters so Dany can leave Meereen in good, hopeful shape.  She won't.  It will still be smoking when she sails for Westeros.  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

In another thread, I mentioned that by this point in the series, King's Landing will be worse than hell on earth. Ground zero for greyscale epidemic, zombies running on ice magic are probably still floating around. Euron will turn the city into his playground and his launchpad for eldritch world domination and Qyburn will turn the parts of the city he has been given leave towards into his science lab. Cersei will just be that one drunk chick in the Red Keep's version of the Burlington Bar enjoying the show and pouring all of Casterly Rock's gold down the drain...not knowing that she's next on the hit-list.

If Euron ever ended up on the Iron Throne it should look like that. But we have no idea whether that's really going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Aegon and JonCon will long be dead.

These two might deserve to burn as well. We don't know what they will do in the chapters to come.

But if KL is going to burn I don't see that happen in the very end. After they have dealt with the Others they would actually try to avoid more bloodshed. Tens of hundreds of thousands of people might be dead - two times, actually - and in such a scenario one would try to deal with the last obstacles and annoyances more clandestinely - like using Faceless Men, for instance. Or other means of infiltration. That fucking castle is riddled with hundreds of secret passageways.

I honestly doubt that Euron/Cersei will offer much of a battle or target in the end, if they were to live this long. I rather expect them to make one last cruel gesture - an ambush, an assassination, a terrorist attack. Something like that, something to hurt their enemies some more even if they cannot completely destroy them. Like Saruman did when he took over the Shire to destroy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, this ending means the author isn't going to have to spend another 700 chapters so Dany can leave Meereen in good, hopeful shape.  She won't.  It will still be smoking when she sails for Westeros.  LOL.

If Dany torches Meereen and Yunkai and Qarth and possibly Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, and Pentos as well (Lorath is irrelevant and Volantis is likely going to be destroyed or severely damaged during the coming slave revolts) then burning KL would just be another boring repetition. Not to mention that Oldtown and Lannisport might burn, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, this ending means the author isn't going to have to spend another 700 chapters so Dany can leave Meereen in good, hopeful shape.  She won't.  It will still be smoking when she sails for Westeros.  LOL.

I don't know.

She might spare Meereen.

Between Barristan, Tyrion, Victarion, Grey Worm, Shavepate, Daario, Missandei, Jorah and maybe even Marwyn, the city might be on the up-and-up by the time she returns. Then again we have the Sons of the Harpy to worry about....

Remember: the Battle of Meereen has already begun and Daenerys hasn't even made it to Vaes Dothrak yet. Uniting the Dothraki khalasars under her is going to take time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The show has really, really rushed things across the board, but nothing seems as rushed as the transformation of Daenerys from a would-be monarch willing to dole out harsh justice, but who cares enough about the innocent to have on multiple occasions set aside her ambition to rule the 7 kingdoms to help and protect her people, into someone who did what she just did in episode 5. However, I certainly haven't lost hope that the books will handle this transformation better than the show has done.

I haven't even lost hope that the show will still deliver a powerful finale. I mean, it's not like there's anything left to rush. 

Edited by Anthony Pirtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

If Dany torches Meereen and Yunkai and Qarth and possibly Myr, Tyrosh, Lys, and Pentos as well (Lorath is irrelevant and Volantis is likely going to be destroyed or severely damaged during the coming slave revolts) then burning KL would just be another boring repetition. Not to mention that Oldtown and Lannisport might burn, too.

We know the author's end point now with her story:  she goes mad and fails in her quest to remake the world into a better place using fire and blood.  

Everything else is a detail, what order, what burns what is left standing.  She will eventually spiral out of control and lose her way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The people of KL will be Targaryen loyalists, but not to Dany. They will be loyal to Faegon. Cersei will die in Casterly rock with Jaime killing her.  Show mixed up the plots for condensing the plot and cutting content. Also, while they change some outcomes like Jaime killing Cersei, it will nevertheless end the same, with both of them dead.

The final book a dream for spring, will pretty much be the second Dance of the Dragons GRRM told us about which he says will be the focus of an "entire book", and Winds of Winter will likely end the WW plotline. Not stupidly with Arya killing the NK, rather a compromise with the Others, who are sentient and can talk and make deals ala craster in the books.

Edited by Kyrion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

We know the author's end point now with her story:  she goes mad and fails in her quest to remake the world into a better place using fire and blood.  

Everything else is a detail, what order, what burns what is left standing.  She will eventually spiral out of control and lose her way.

Nah, we know what the show made of her, not what the author intends to do.

Claiming we know what happens to Dany is about the same as claiming we know what Jaime or Cersei are going to do, what Euron is about, or what the hell Sansa is going to do on the basis of the show. It is pretty much impossible.

This thing has literally nothing in common with the source material anymore.

1 minute ago, Kyrion said:

The people of KL will be Targaryen loyalists, but not to Dany. They will be loyal to Faegon. Cersei will die in Casterly rock with Jaime killing her.  Show mixed up the plots for condensing the plot and cutting content. Also, while they change some outcomes like Jaime killing Cersei, it will nevertheless end the same, with both of them dead.

Well, if they are loyal to Aegon they can all burn. They would be traitors then, no?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If Euron ever ended up on the Iron Throne it should look like that. But we have no idea whether that's really going to happen.

These two might deserve to burn as well. We don't know what they will do in the chapters to come.

But if KL is going to burn I don't see that happen in the very end. After they have dealt with the Others they would actually try to avoid more bloodshed. Tens of hundreds of thousands of people might be dead - two times, actually - and in such a scenario one would try to deal with the last obstacles and annoyances more clandestinely - like using Faceless Men, for instance. Or other means of infiltration. That fucking castle is riddled with hundreds of secret passageways.

I honestly doubt that Euron/Cersei will offer much of a battle or target in the end, if they were to live this long. I rather expect them to make one last cruel gesture - an ambush, an assassination, a terrorist attack. Something like that, something to hurt their enemies some more even if they cannot completely destroy them. Like Saruman did when he took over the Shire to destroy.

In the books, I'm almost certain that Daenerys' invasion and the invasion of the Others are going to be happening at the same time. A song of ice and fire.

Unless GRRM wants to write eight books instead of seven, the Second Dance is going to have to happen during the Second Long Night. If he can pull it off, I think it's better that way. It's more horrifying and thus entertaining.

Dragons, Dothraki screamers and kung-fu R'hllor worshippers in the south. The Others, their monsters and every other undead horror in the north.

Where's that ship to Naath?

If Euron is seriously about that blood magic life and legitimately owns a suit of armor made out of Valyrian steel, yes he will offer that much of a battle and target in the end. Valyrian steel is not likely to cut Valyrian steel. And how do you defend yourself against blood magic when all you have is steel, dragonglass and your fists. Not to mention he'll still have his own fresher armies at that point. And he's still a crafty sob. I also think that Euron is a skinchanger which will make him doubly worse.

7 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

We know the author's end point now with her story:  she goes mad and fails in her quest to remake the world into a better place using fire and blood.  

Everything else is a detail, what order, what burns what is left standing.  She will eventually spiral out of control and lose her way.

Actually no we don't.

You really think that Arya is going to kill the Night King and thus single-handedly destroy the army of the dead before they become a problem for anyone else south of Winterfell?

You really think Bran is going to just be wheeled off-screen now that the White Walkers are dead?

You really think Cersei and Jaime are going to die lovingly in each other's arms after Jaime walked for miles with two big dagger wounds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

Nah, we know what the show made of her, not what the author intends to do.

Claiming we know what happens to Dany is about the same as claiming we know what Jaime or Cersei are going to do, what Euron is about, or what the hell Sansa is going to do on the basis of the show. It is pretty much impossible.

This thing has literally nothing in common with the source material anymore.

Well, if they are loyal to Aegon they can all burn. They would be traitors then, no?

 

Euron:  will die and probably kill a dragon.

Sansa:  will rule the North

Cersei and Jamie:  will die together

Dany:  will go mad and fail.

The show has spelled this out, the showrunners have said they used George's ending and George has said they used his ending.  Of course since he will probably never finish the series people can continue to believe whatever they want, but the idea that the show would turn Dany from hero to villain when it doens't happen in the books is beyond unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×