Ian McElhinney ( Barristan) with shocking statement

LordImp

Given that this includes a GOT actor I guess this sub is the right place. 

Not sure if this will be approved , but I'll give it a go.

Someone posted this on Reddit

For those who won't bother watch it . Ian claims that GRRM has finished the books ( both twow and ados) but he has a deal with D&D to not release them until the show is over. 

Not sure if I belive it , but why would he lie? 

It's obviously false. It wouldn't make sense from any perspective: economically, the books and the series would have benefited from a release within the timeline of the show; creatively, it's clear than D&D haven't have access to any kind of source material for some years; egoistically, no writer would want his magna opus to be spoiled for the public in such an abhorrent and distorted way as the show has.

George has flat out denied that he has finished Winds several times. Some people in these forums are friends with him, have known him for decades, and have given first-time reports of how he struggles to finish the books and is really unhappy with the shows having passed him.  Meanwhile, Ian has no direct connection with George (it's possible that they have never seen each other, and if they have, it has been only in some crowded premiere).  He couldn't know.

Ian is a wonderful fellow, but he hears things from fans and he doesn't necessarily know what's true and what's just speculation. In this case, I can categorically say it's not true.

Archived