Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, teej6 said:

So Euron is just happy that he'll be known as the person who killed the Kingslayer. I wonder how he'll be known as such when no one saw him fight and stab Jamie. 

And did he even actually kill him? He stabbed him but Jaime not only was able to finish him off but also walk away, survive the fire attack, reunite with Cersei and get killed by a ceiling. 

5 minutes ago, darmody said:

The bells...just, the bells. The thing with the bells is...where did th is bell thing come from? 

I remember Davos' son (yes, Davos had a family and has a family if they haven't died waiting for him) saying bells meant surrender. Aside from that, the show has never emphasized bells in this manner. Until Tyrion mentioned them. And mentioned them again. And suddenly it was all about bells. Waiting for bells. Listening to bells. 

When did this become Game of Bells?

I don't think it was really the bells that pushed her over the edge, it was the Red Keep. I believe she would've snapped even without the bells.

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I was watching  alive stream by a youtuber called Nerdrotic, and he thinks the reason the show keeps getting worse as the story progresses is that D&D never liked the supernatural stuff, and as they become more and more prominent, the show kept getting worse.

I am not particularly fond of the supernatural stuff either but when it comes to non supernatural elements, such as Jaime's character development and the relationship between Sansa and Sandor the show didn't seem to care. At all. 

People really complaining more about what happened to Dany’s character than to Jaime’s????

you kidding me? Sure they definitely should have built up to Mad Queen Dany over a longer period of time but they literally made all of Jaime’s character development pointless. He didn’t even get to see Brienne again. Bullshit. 

Just now, Snormund said:

People really complaining more about what happened to Dany’s character than to Jaime’s????

you kidding me? Sure they definitely should have built up to Mad Queen Dany over a longer period of time but they literally made all of Jaime’s character development pointless. He didn’t even get to see Brienne again. Bullshit. 

Well in regards to Jaime, his character was going down a very sad and distorted path ever since the sex scene in the sept was changed a lot from the books. 

Just now, Danelle said:

Well in regards to Jaime, his character was going down a very sad and distorted path ever since the sex scene in the sept was changed a lot from the books. 

You mean the rape scene?

i just pretend that never happened personally. 

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

I hate that Jaime took briennes virginity then immediately skipped to die with Cersei. Made no sense giving all that’s happened.

3 minutes ago, Snormund said:

You mean the rape scene?

I mean the whole part of Jaime's return to the KL, in the books it was quite different. In the tv series they kept certain parts, omitted others, changed the chronological order and as a result his character became stale.

I remember that there was a meme about that scene, saying "RIP JAIME LANNISTER 2011-2014".

Just now, tallTale said:

I hate that Jaime took briennes virginity then immediately skipped to die with Cersei. Made no sense giving all that’s happened.

Same! I really thought he was getting either a happy ending with Brienne or one or both of them would die tragically but get to affirm their love for one another. 

5 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Same! I really thought he was getting either a happy ending with Brienne or one or both of them would die tragically but get to affirm their love for one another. 

Perhaps our girl is pregnant. You know part of the whole bittersweet ending.

dear god that Sandor and Mountain fight was a cringe fest. Half the time the mountain looked like Thanos for some reason. 

HBO offered resources and extended length for this season and D&D refused it. I am done with excuses for this show. 

I thought Qyburn’s death was hilarious for some reason.

It’s really amazing how the Starks have become so pure as people. But I did see the northerners raping and pillaging too. Of course Jon will be excused of it because he killed one of his own to save a civilian. 

6 minutes ago, BradDoty08 said:

Are we even sure Jaime and Cersei are dead? Arya survived buildings falling on her all episode. 

I dunno.

As a huge Jaime fan I kinda hope that the first scene of the last episode will be the Lannister twins emerging from the rubble and Jaime mercy killing Cersei.

Nah, they dead. 

4 minutes ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Is Tyrion the Valonqar? Jaime? Arya wearing his face? No, you fools - it's a bunch of rocks! Ha ha, expectations subverted again!

The rocks are the little brothers of Casterly Rock. Prophecy fullfilled.

Just now, Danelle said:

I dunno.

As a huge Jaime fan I kinda hope that the first scene of the last episode will be the Lannister twins emerging from the rubble and Jaime mercy killing Cersei.

Nah, they dead. 

I thought it was going to be a murder suicide thing as the Unsullied closed it. Jaime kills Cersei to avoid her getting burnt alive and then kills himself. 

D&D really did not hold back with the character assassination of Daenerys and Jaime.

How does Dany go crazy just by hearing bells?? It makes no sense whatsoever.

As for Jaime, all his character development from before has gone to waste. He slept with Brienne only to go back to Cersei. His arc in the books has been about him distancing himself from Cersei and forging his own identity, yet D&D couldn't be bothered to adapt this properly.

1 minute ago, BradDoty08 said:

I thought it was going to be a murder suicide thing as the Unsullied closed it. Jaime kills Cersei to avoid her getting burnt alive and then kills himself. 

That would have made more sense but in the show they did emphasise their deep bond, especially when Jaime returned to KL and found Cersei in her room holding a shell. They were always presented as star-crossed lovers with Jaime the one who always depended on her. 

Archived