Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

52 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Mostly I'm glad that there's only 1 episode left so this shit-fest can finally end.

On the other hand a part of me is sad, because the trailer for the next episode where the camera pans behind Daenerys basically standing and overseeing her Unsullied gave me a massive Hitler-at-a-SS-meeting-in-the-30's-vibe, and I realized that I would actually really enjoy 2-3 episodes of seeing this Chaotic Evil version of Daenerys in action, rooting and killing out perceived traitors (real and imaginary) and people she considers a threat to her new rule, while seeing the few "good" characters left in the show try to come up with a plan to get rid of her, her dragon and her (still very loyal and noticeable) army of Unsullied and Dothraki.

I mean her entire character- and story-arc is already assassinated and thrown out the window right, so why not. 
Sadly there's only one episode left, so Daenerys will ultimately only be remembered as the protagonist who became the main villain with 3% of the total story left, before (I assume) getting killed of in a tragic manner, because the script powers that be caused her to loose everything that mattered to her (friends, protectors, advisers, family, love, loyalty, children and even destiny) in the last half of the last season...

That 2 seconds of the preview inmediately brought this scene to my mind:

Are there any "good" characters left, anyway?

Let’s look at our plot, which now has more holes than the Red Keep. 

Daenerys executes Varys for treason. Daenerys wins the battle against Cersei, doesn’t accept her surrender and burns the city. Jaime stabs Euron and then dies trying to save Cersei, while Jon and Tyrion are baffled by the destruction of the battle. The Hound and Gregor kill each other and Qyburn dies. Arya is still indestructible. Yes, that is actually all that happened in 75 minutes. I know. It’s baffling. I want my time and my subscription fee back too. And I want to know who the fuck Martha is.

Alright, let’s take a closer look, because stuff did actually happen, it was all just off camera. 

So after Her Sundae died, Daenerys put a sad Daenerys puppet in the window to trick people while she flew to London, 221B Baker Street to present her case to Benedict Cumberbatch: there’s a child named Martha in her castle. Benedict immediately deducted that Martha is employed by Daenerys’s spymaster, who knows about her competitor’s claim for her throne from her Hand, who knows about it from his ex-wife, which makes sense as they have a great relationship after surviving a 4 hour zombie apocalypse together. Benedict checked Westerosi criminal law and previous seasons on google and confirmed that it is rational for Daenerys to execute her spymaster if she so wishes. However obvious this course of events was though, Benedict still takes Daenerys’s case, as he can’t wrap his head around one tiny detail. Where did Martha come from? 

Daenerys returns to Dragonstone and tells Tyrion that Jaime was captured trying to cross their line of forces to return to Cersei, however, she did not have him immediately executed for treason. Then she proceeds to execute Varys, who for some reason doesn’t know that yes he fucking deserves this. This may have something to do with the fact that Daenerys’s forgetfulness is not only about the iron fleet, but also about reciting the crimes behind Varys’s death sentence. This is supposed to imply that there aren’t crimes and Daenerys is doing this for no reason at all. It doesn’t. It implies poor writing. 

Then Tyrion asks to see Jaime, to which the Unsullied guards agree to, because they weren’t ordered to guard Jaime by Daenerys. We never find out who ordered them to guard him. But we do know that these Unsullied survived the zombie apocalypse because they had a day off for their English language course at the time of the battle. 2000 Unsullied, 10000 Dothraki captains and 500 northmen were enrolled, this is just one of the progressive steps Daenerys has taken to better the world. Tyrion then says a heartfelt goodbye to Jaime, we pretend that he didn’t grow up in the most privileged family of his age and feel sorry for him, and he hands Jaime some plane tickets and fake passports to save himself and Cersei. I’m sure the 20000 strong English speaking forces of Daenerys won’t stop them this time. Davos is also involved in this somehow. Maybe he got the key. Or the papers. Or the boat. Maybe he smuggled Martha to Dragonstone. 

Arya and the Hound who teleported past Daenerys’s lines are now stopped by a Northern soldier. Arya tells him she is Arya Stark and she is here to kill Cersei. We do not get an answer to why Arya decided to confide in this young man instead of the political and military leaders she’s related to, or why she doesn’t simply reference the political and military leaders she’s related to in order to get past the guard. The guard then doesn’t speak with his captain as he promised and lets Arya and the Hound pass, much like the King’s Landing and Red Keep guards do. Whoever on Daenerys’s lines stopped Jaime on his way south is the only competent guard in this story and deserves immediate promotion. I bet he wouldn’t have let Martha on Dragonstone either. 

Daenerys then attacks the Iron Fleet with a single dragon. Lucky for Daenerys only one of the Greyjoy ballistas are loaded at this point, and since last episode, these structures have developed physical features that make it time consuming and difficult for their operators to be load and move them around or aim them at a target. Daenerys destroys the fleet that had previously destroyed her own fleet twice in a row and brutally killed her full grown dragon with no effort, time and casualties. The exercise takes her 5 minutes. We don’t know why she didn’t do this in season 7 episode 1 as we don’t know who Martha is or where she came from. 

Meanwhile, Cersei is welcoming the commoners into the red keep so they can find refuge from the battle. And then a moment later, completely randomly, for no reason whatsoever, she is no longer welcoming them. The gates close and trap Jaime outside. That didn’t happen when Martha teleported to Dragonstone. 

Jon and Grey Worm line up their English speaking forces for battle, and then we are mocked with a few shots copied from the Return of the King. Daenerys flies into the medieval streets of 2 meters width within King’s Landing atop her Boeing 747 sized aircraft and blows up the city gate from inside. All thirty men and zero elephants of the Golden Company are erased from the face of earth without ever adding anything at all to the scale, the plot or the characters. I bet they wish they had enrolled in that language course as well. 

Daenerys proceeds to tactically burn only the streets and the soldiers in King’s Landing and Jon, GreyWorm and Davos march in the infantry. The Lannister soldiers drop their weapons and message Cersei via King’s Landing’s sound cloud system to please not only subscribe but also ring the bell. Cersei gets the message and after 10 minutes of battle the bells start ringing. Daenerys then takes her Cavinton and remembers that the writers want her very badly to be the mad queen, so she decides to go from 100% rational to 100% nutjob in 1 second and burns King’s Landing for the rest of the episode. For some reason this makes most of King’s Landing infrastructure blow up. 

Jaime finds the cave that leads into the Red Keep only to run into Euron. They both stab each other but this only seems to affect Euron. He dies without ever finding out that Cersei’s alleged child is Jaime’s. But he is happy to be finally out of this shitshow. 

Meanwhile on the ground Grey Worm decides to go to 100% nutjob and start killing the Lannister soldiers who surrendered. The fact that this foreigner they despise is massacring the Westerosi soldiers, for whose lives they had fought against the zombie army, makes the “northern” soldiers follow the foreigner and throw themselves into the massacre, of which they apparently haven’t had enough, against the explicit orders of their commander/lord/king. 

The destruction goes on for so long we get bored watching it, so the writers show us some mildly frightened children who don’t understand how all these green canvases around them are going to look actually frightening in the movie their parents signed them up for. 

Sandor and Arya are literally minutes from Cersei, when Sandor decides to tell Arya, who survived a triple abdomen stab, killed a professional assassin, infiltrated a hostile castle and killed its lords and got out, fought hundreds of zombies and defeated death itself, to go home or she might die. Sandor didn’t take his Cavinton. Arya says okay, because it’s unexpected, because she already had her badass  female character moment, because we last minute decided that we want the audience to feel sad instead of satisfied when Cersei dies, because her list that motivated her, kept her sane and gave her purpose for 8 years no longer matters, because she doesn’t even remember her beloved father all that much anymore and because she, too, is more interested in where fucking Martha came from than in this joke of a plot. 

Arya leaves and Sandor confronts his brother, who forgets his programming and  smashes Qyburn against a rock. They fight on a ruined cgi staircase in front of Mordoresque cgi sky. Sandor and Gregor both prove almost as indestructible as Arya but they end up falling to their deaths into the dragonfire burning in the red keep and I assume we are supposed to think this is somehow symbolic or satisfying. I just watched Gregor survive a stab in the brain and Sandor not lose his eyes. I don’t know why I’m supposed to take anything seriously at this point. 

Cersei finds Jaime, they hug and we are supposed to feel things but I don’t, I just hear the flushing of the toilet as Jaime’s character arc slides down into sewer. They try to make a run for it but the underground entrance of the underground cave under the throne room is blocked by a perfect pile of unbroken bricks fresh from Home Depot after the overground destruction of the city. So Jaime and Cersei hug and again we are supposed to feel things, but I still don’t, and they are buried under the debris of the collapsing red keep. This fucking dragon skull hall that leads to the cave is a cellar. So did the entire ground floor of the red keep including the great hall with the fucking iron throne collapse or am I expected to think that this was the iron throne’s day off at the English course too so it’ll be back completely whole and fine in the next episode? 

And then there is also ten minutes of Arya refusing to die. She doesn’t do anything. She doesn’t serve a purpose. She doesn’t save anybody. She doesn’t have a goal. She just runs around and defies the laws to physics. And once she’s done with that, she finds a horse that wasn’t crushed by the exploding buildings, burned by the orange or green fire (I suppose we are supposed to be happy about this piece of continuity that doesn’t actually make a difference or affect anything at all, but I just no longer care), eaten by a dragon or butchered by GreyWorm. The horse is also completely calm. Without so much as a verse in Sindarin to calm it, Arya hops on the horse and rides away and the episode is finally fucking over. 

Benedict Cumberbatch never found out who Martha is or how she got on Dragonstone but fortunately it doesn’t matter because she was crushed to death after she fell into one of the bottomless plot holes. 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Let’s look at our plot, which now has more holes than the Red Keep. 

Daenerys executes Varys for treason. Daenerys wins the battle against Cersei, doesn’t accept her surrender and burns the city. Jaime stabs Euron and then dies trying to save Cersei, while Jon and Tyrion are baffled by the destruction of the battle. The Hound and Gregor kill each other and Qyburn dies. Arya is still indestructible. Yes, that is actually all that happened in 75 minutes. I know. It’s baffling. I want my time and my subscription fee back too. And I want to know who the fuck is Martha

Alright, let’s take a closer look, because stuff did actually happen, it was all just off camera. 

So after Her Sundae died, Daenerys put a sad Daenerys puppet in the window to trick people while she flew to London, 221B Baker Street to present her case to Benedict Cumberbatch: there’s a child named Martha in her castle. Benedict immediately deducted that Martha is employed by Daenerys’s spymaster, who knows about her competitor’s claim for her throne from her Hand, who knows about it from his ex-wife, which makes sense as they have a great relationship after surviving a 4 hour zombie apocalypse together. Benedict checks Westerosi criminal law and previous seasons on google and confirms that it is rational for Daenerys to execute her spymaster if she so wishes. However obvious this course of action is though, Benedict still takes Daenerys’s case, as he can’t wrap his head around one tiny detail. Where did Martha come from? 

Daenerys returns to Dragonstone and tells Tyrion that Jaime was captured trying to cross their lines to return to Cersei, however, she did not have him immediately executed for treason. Then she proceeds to execute Varys, who for some reason doesn’t know that yes he fucking deserves this. This may have something to do with the fact that Daenerys’s forgetfulness is not just about the iron fleet, but also about reciting the crimes behind Varys’s death sentence. This is supposed to imply that there aren’t crimes and Daenerys is doing this for no reason at all. It doesn’t. It implies poor writing. 

Then Tyrion asks to see Jaime which Unsullied guards agree to, because they weren’t ordered to guard Jaime by Daenerys. We never find out who ordered them. But we do know that these Unsullied survived the zombie apocalypse because they had a day off for their English language course at the time of the battle. 2000 Unsullied, 10000 Dothraki captains and 500 northmen were enrolled, this is just one of the progressive steps Daenerys has taken to better the world. Tyrion then says a heartfelt goodbye to Jaime, we pretend that he didn’t grow up in the most privileged family of his age and feel sorry for him, and he hands Jaime some plane tickets and fake passports to save himself and Cersei. I’m sure the 20000 strong English speaking forces of Daenerys won’t stop them this time. Davos is also involved in this somehow. Maybe he got the key. Or the papers. Or the boat. Maybe he smuggled Martha to Dragonstone. 

Arya and the Hound who teleported past Daenerys’s lines are now stopped by a Northern soldier. Arya tells him she is Arya Stark and she is here to kill Cersei. We do not get an answer to why Arya decided to confide in this young man instead of the political and military leaders she’s related to, or why she doesn’t simply reference the political and military leaders she’s related to in order to get past the guard. The guard then doesn’t speak with his caption and lets Arya and the Hound pass, much like the King’s Landing and Red Keep guard does. Whoever one Daenerys’s lines stopped Jaime on his way south is the only competent guard in this story and deserves immediate promotion. I bet he wouldn’t have let Martha in Dragonstone either. 

Daenerys then attacks the Iron Fleet with a single dragon. Lucky for Daenerys only one of the Greyjoy ballistas are loaded at this point, and since last episode, these structures have developed physical features that make it time consuming and difficult for them to be loaded, moved around or aimed at a target. Daenerys destroys the fleet that previously destroyed her fleet twice and brutally killed her full grown dragon with no effort, time and casualties. The exercise takes 5 minutes. We don’t know why she didn’t do this in season 7 episode 1 as we don’t know who Martha is or where she came from. 

Meanwhile, Cersei is welcoming the commoners into the red keep so can find refuge from the battle. And then a moment later, completely randomly, for no reason whatsoever, she is no longer welcoming them. The gates close and trap Jaime outside. That didn’t happen when Martha teleported to Dragonstone. 

Jon and Grey Worm line up their English speaking forces for battle, and then we are mocked with a few shots copied from the Return of the King. Daenerys flies into the medieval streets of 2 meters width within King’s Landing atop her Boeing 747 sized aircraft and blows up the city gate from inside. All thirty men and zero elephants of the Golden Company are erased from the face of earth without ever adding anything at all to the scale, the plot or the characters. I bet they wish they had enrolled in that language course as well. 

Daenerys proceeds to tactically burn only the streets and the soldiers in King’s Landing and Jon, GreyWorm and Davos march in the infantry. The Lannister soldiers drop their weapons and message Cersei via King’s Landing’s sound cloud system to please not only subscribe but also ring the bell. Cersei gets the message and after 10 minutes of battle the bells start ringing. Daenerys then takes her Cavinton and remembers that the writers want her very badly to be the mad queen, so she decides to go from 100% rational to 100% nutjob in 1 second and burns King’s Landing for the rest of the episode. For some reason this makes most of King’s Landing infrastructure blow up. 

Jaime finds the cave that leads into the Red Keep only to run into Euron. They both stab each other but this only seems to affect Euron. He dies without ever finding out that Cersei’s alleged child is Jaime’s. But he is happy to be finally out of this shitshow. 

Meanwhile on the ground Grey Worm decides to go to 100% nutjob and start killing the Lannister soldiers who surrendered. The fact that this foreigner they despise is massacring the Westerosi soldiers, for whose lives they had fought against the zombie army, makes the “northern” soldiers follow the foreigner and throw themselves into the massacre, of which they apparently haven’t had enough, against the explicit orders of their commander/lord/king. 

The destruction goes on for so long we get bored watching it, so the writers show us some mildly frightened children who don’t understand how all these green canvases around them are going to look actually frightening in the movie their parents signed them up for. 

Sandor and Arya are literally minutes from Cersei, when Sandor decides to tell Arya, who survived a triple abdomen stab, killed a professional assassin, infiltrated a hostile castle and killed its lords and got out, fought hundreds of zombies and defeated death itself, to go home or she might die. Sandor didn’t take his Cavinton. Arya says okay, because it’s unexpected, because she already had her badass  female character moment, because we last minute decided that we want the audience to feel sorry instead of satisfied when Cersei dies, because her list that motivated her, kept her sane and gave her purpose for 8 years no longer matters, because she doesn’t even remember her beloved father all that much anymore and because she too is more interested in where fucking Martha came from than this joke of a plot. 

Arya leaves and Sandor confronts his brother, who forgets his programming and  smashes Qyburn against a rock. They fight on a ruined cgi staircase in front of Mordoresque cgi sky. Sandor and Gregor both prove almost as indestructible as Arya but they end up falling to their deaths into the dragonfire burning in the red keep and I assume we are supposed to think this is somehow symbolic or satisfying. I just watched Gregor survive a stab in the brain and Sandor not lose his eyes. I don’t know why I’m supposed to take anything seriously at this point. 

Cersei finds Jaime, they hug and we are supposed to feel things but I don’t, I just hear the flushing of the toilet as Jaime’s character arc slides down into sewer. They try to make a run for it but the underground entrance of the underground cave under the throne room is blocked by a perfect pile of unbroken bricks fresh from Home Depot after the overground destruction of the city. So Jaime and Cersei hug and again we are supposed to feel things, but I still don’t, and they are buried under the debris of the collapsing red keep. This fucking dragon skill hall that leads to the cave is a cellar. So did the entire ground floor of the red keep including the great hall with the fucking iron throne collapse or am I expected to think that this was the iron throne’s day off at the English course so it’ll be back completely whole and fine in the next episode? 

And then there is also ten minutes of Arya refusing to die. She doesn’t do anything. She doesn’t serve a purpose. She doesn’t save anybody. She doesn’t have a goal. She just runs around and defies the laws to physics. And once she’s done with that, she finds a horse that wasn’t crushed by the exploding buildings, burned by the orange or green fire (I suppose we are supposed to be happy about this piece of continuity that doesn’t actually make a difference or affect anything at all, but I just no longer care), eaten by a dragon or butchered by GreyWorm. The horse is also completely calm. Without so much as a verse in Sindarin to calm it, Arya hops on the horse and rides away and the episode is finally fucking over. 

Benedict Cumberbatch never found out who is Martha or how she got on Dragonstone but fortunately it doesn’t matter because she was crushed to death after she fell into one of the bottomless plot holes. 

Someone should give you a prize for writing this.

And no, Daenerys’s madness wasn’t foreshadowed and shoehorning hindsight bias into previously celebrated scenes isn’t proof that it was. 

She watched her brother killed and wasn’t frazzled? Ned Stark demanded his ten year old son to watch an execution and not be frazzled. Jon Snow hanged a child and wasn’t frazzled. Stannis Baratheon burned his own daughter and wasn’t frazzled. Sansa Stark fed a man alive to hounds and wasn’t frazzled. Am I SERIOUSLY supposed think that in this universe watching your abusive brother who just threatened to cut your unborn child out of you without being frazzled is a sign of madness?! 

Could we please fucking establish a definition for madness in this fucking universe before we start to build it up? And no, putting lines like “I’m concerned for her state of mind” in the mouths of characters like Varys a known master manipulator isn’t a fucking definition. Oh my god how can you screw this shit up so badly?

This whole mad queen business could have been the most heart wrenching, sad, tragic, beautifully done character arc motion picture history has ever seen. How how how how can you fuck it up so badly and how dare you justify it be recontextualizing previous scenes? 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Could we please fucking establish a definition for madness in this fucking universe before we start to build it up?

Whatever makes sense, creatively speaking, at any given moment. :ack:

I haven't read all 17 pages of ranting, but I have to say I actually loved this episode.

Not because it was good.

But because it was the perfect metaphor for D&D's work.

Burning everything down for no reason, leaving tons of people confusingly running around... But with great shock value and imagery!

It's almost perfect. Pretty much nothing made sense but it was visually entertaining, and the world burned.

I wish they'd gone a step further though.
They should have killed Jon Snow in the city (since he's been useless lately, he could have been burried under a falling wall - great shock value!).
And as the sack of KL ended, Arya would have killed Dany by stabbing her through the heart (disguised as Grey Worm), before being harpooned by -the real- Grey Worm.
And the last episode would have been Sansa, Bran and Brienne talking about how sad it all was for an hour and a half.
Now that, *that* would have been perfect.

As it is it was hilarious, but I'm pretty sure I've already laughed even more in front of GoT.

Nonetheless, I'm positive this is, and will be, the best episode of the entire season. The what-the-fuck-ery was pushed up to 9000 in ways I honestly couldn't have foreseen. Subverting not just tropes and expectations, but even complete common and narrative sense really took some guts...
And it was all to give us this ultimate surprise, the pleasure of watching Martin's creation pretty much litterally burned to the ground.

Again, I just wish they'd killed Jon Snow. Maybe next week... Let's cross our fingers folks...

Okay... why didn't Dany burn the Ironborn fleet last time, saving his own fleet and Missandei... why the hell have the laser-guided autocannon rocket magical ballistas become normal ballistas now...?

And why does the flame of Drogon make stuff explode now? If he like, spitting bombs?

Also, Dany's descend into madness makes Anakin's turn to the Dark Side look like a masterpiece of writing by comparison... This girl has gone through horrible shit all her life, she has lost lots of stuff many time before... why does she go Mad Queen now? Why did she kill Varys? Did Tyrion tell her that Varys was going to assassinate her?

And why the hell did she start burning commoners when THE RED KEEP WAS RIGHT IN FRONT IF HER?! WTF?!! How do they explain that?

Without GRRM's books, this TV series is shit...

GRRM should try to complete his saga... if he manages to make a half-decent story, it would look like the greatest work of the XX and XXI centuries by comparison...

11 minutes ago, divica said:

Someone should give you a prize for writing this.

It was rewarding enough to get it off my chest, but thank you. I can ramble for longer a zombie apocalypse. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Whatever makes sense, creatively speaking, at any given moment. :ack:

Well a lot of things made sense creatively speaking this episode, I suppose. :bang:

Forget the entire episode, the Inside the Episodic Circle Jerk of Stupidity doesn't really have consistency, either.

Let's see, throughout the whole thing we find out........Dany went crazy because of Jon somehow.  No, wait, it was because of everything that happened in a specific order this season, that's why she went crazy.  Well, wait, the signs could have been there when Viserys was killed for taking a sword to her pregnant belly and threatening to cut out the baby, and Dear Khaleesi didn;t FEEL ENOUGH for her brother when he was killed for doing so.  No, wait, it was the Bells, no wait......it was looking at The Red Keep as the Bells rang?  For Crap's Sake........what is it?  Hell, I'm a bit daft after that mess from the Doucheberries, forget the entire episode.

can someone explain how Euron survived Drogon blowing up his ship? If dragon fire is as hot as it appears to be on the show I'm presuming it is at least as hot as wildfire if not hotter, wouldn't the water in the bay be boiling with the amount of blasts that hit the water?

The books have remained vivid in details regarding death, sex, characters, setting and plot.

The tv show always made me jump with the vivid details involved in the death scenes... this was all a bit "meh".

Seven big deaths, but we technically only saw one vivid one... and it was a blink and you miss it moment, and that was Qyburn. 

The details the show gave us in Oberons, Viseries, Ned, Pip, Jojen, Robb and wife, Catelyn and Joffrey deaths are some grizzly moments (I'm just naming a few). Even some of the minor deaths khal Drogo ripping a tongue out... the hound stabbing a guy through the eye... Jaime stabbing Jory through the eye... Arya Killing Meryl Trant. 

Did anyone notice that the scenes cut before seeing any horrific moments this episode..

We see the fire but we dont actually see Varys burn... Euron we didnt see coughing up his own blood and choking... we dont see Jaime and Cersei crushed... nor the splat of the mountain and the hound hitting the ground.... I'm not a gore fan but I think I expected some shock moments that would give me a sleepless night, and leave me feeling a bit disturbed... but I slept like a baby... 

9 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

can someone explain how Euron survived Drogon blowing up his ship? If dragon fire is as hot as it appears to be on the show I'm presuming it is at least as hot as wildfire if not hotter, wouldn't the water in the bay be boiling with the amount of blasts that hit the water?

It seems Euron is secretly a Targaryen, bet it was the 3rd twist GRRM gave D&D

11 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

It was because he needed to die knowing that cersei’s alleged child isn’t his. Too bad Jaime forgot about mentioning this. 

14 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

Oh Jamie had the same luck when charging against the dragon and Bronn saved him. Remember? 

Also he miraculously makes it in the shore, the same shore, the same time with Jamie. Magic. 

5 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

It was because he needed to die knowing that cersei’s alleged child isn’t his. Too bad Jaime forgot about mentioning this. 

Well, he had heard the whole convo between Tyrion and Cersei in the previous episode. Too bad he wasn’t paying attention, as the director explained in an interview later. 

It dawned on me sometime today that the reason Euron was so effective last week and not this week was two things, Dany's Insta-Madness but also, to deprive Jon of a dragon.  That is my new name for Dany's condition, I think.  Insta-Madness.  And of course, to lull us into thinking that Drogon wouldn't be oh so effective.  But mostly, I think, to get Jon off of Rhaegal at that point. 

So before the episode I got into a debate with my “super unsullied” fiancé. Like I tried to point out inconsistencies in the story and he argued in support of the show and the writers until he was actually getting upset and said I was “ruining” the show for him. He basically said that if he wanted a story he would have read books his whole life ( he doesn’t read books) and when I finally pointed out how can you defend the guys who wrote Wolverine Origins??! And he was like passionately stating that that was one of the best wolverine movies ever! Wow!!   He’s one of those “bros” in the bar going wooo! Cleganebowl!!

Time to end the engagement?? (Lol jk)

but still it made me realize how brainwashed some people are and that they just don’t care that the story makes sense they just want “cool shit” 

anyways.... what I liked...

hmmmm.... pretty much NOTHING! 

Jaime.... ruined/Jon.... useless/ Cersei’s death... unsatisfying/golden company... waste of money/dany’s Madness..... way to rushed/

I honestly had hope that Jaime was going to end Cersei, but nope, he was going to die with her. I honestly don’t even care what happens in the end now. 

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

I'm reading the comments here and agreeing with most. But I'm so done with this show that I don't even feel like ranting. I hated everything.

I agree.  I can't really get an epic rant going. 

Archived