Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

6 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Well even Vary's betrayal was done clumsy by the writers. He does what he does in one episode and he is also executed. That's very fast. I don't think that writers even cared what Varys will say at that point. He has to say something to support himself for the betrayal and us to blame him. 

The reason I brought up that scene where Daenerys confronts Varys in the chamber of the painted table is because it was a clear example of how they are really bad at pacing this story and completely cut out incredibly relevant interactions and conversations such as when Varys and Daenerys first meet face to face and she learns that Varys has switched to her side. It is really awkwardly exchanged for a weird after the fact conversation done with incredibly implausible dialogue  and it is also the moment when they chose to shoehorn their own foreshadowing that Varys would eventually be burned alive by Danys dragon.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into the books once this disasterpiece is finally done.

For one, the books are better, and for another, the books are less divisive. With the books, we may have disagreed about this or that, but everyone agreed that we loved the books. There isn't that same agreed-upon love for the show. It's divided the fan base and embittered both sides. To me, that's the worst thing about the show.

16 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

This whole thing is a mess.

How on Earth do David Benioff and D.B. Weiss think that they will be successful at "turning around" Star Wars?

The Last Jedi is a poignant masterpiece compared to this season of Game of Thrones. I can't believe that they needed two years to make this season.

I think the truth has always been that HBO held the show back for share holder investment reasons it could of easily been aired in late 2018.

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

My favorite part was the repetitive call out of the bell tower.

The whole thing is hilarious. The white horse, the scenes changing between Sandor fighting his dead brother and Wolverine trying to escape the burning city because reasons, and more. I love PJ’s show reviews. 

30 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

Krakarys!

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

PointlessBowl!!!! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Ok, ok, you've talked me into it.  It's time to watch the Preston vid. 

2 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

For sure. In short, we need the damn books. Come on George! And tell us you're joking, right??????

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/may/14/george-rr-martin-scorns-absurd-claims-hes-finished-writing-game-of-thrones  :bawl:

No he isn't joking.  That (conspiracy) theory has always been ridiculous.

Just got this in my feed.

I'm now 100% certain that Tyrion is not a traitor (well he kinda is I guess), but ultimately he's only really really stupid. 
Guess someone (D&D?) threw his intelligence overboard after he fled King's Landing back in S4. 

15 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

No he isn't joking.  That (conspiracy) theory has always been ridiculous.

I just say. Wether it is true or false what is he suposed to say?

Any comment grrm makes about that theory has to be to deny it…

And I am sorry but I choose to live in a world that if grrm thinks he will finish a book within 3 months then 4 years later he has definetly finished that book...

27 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

LOL  And the King's Landing Christian community.  They do seem very industrious, and well, in love with one certain design of Bell Tower. 

6 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  And the King's Landing Christian community.  They do seem very industrious, and well, in love with one certain design of Bell Tower. 

Gee, I wonder what happened to the old one.

By the way, didn't Davos grew up in King's Landing? Funny how suddenly he and every other resident of King's Landing -- civilian or otherwise -- for that matter understands that the ringing of the bells mean surrender.

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Gee, I wonder what happened to the old one.

By the way, didn't Davos grew up in King's Landing? Funny how suddenly he and every other resident of King's Landing -- civilian or otherwise -- for that matter understands that the ringing of the bells mean surrender.

LOL  I'm going with...........at night it means someone's attacking?  In Daylight it means....we surrender. 

I keep hearing Tyrion and Varys talking about hating the bells in my head.  They signal a city under siege, a dead king, a wedding...........remember that? 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I'm going with...........at night it means someone's attacking?  In Daylight it means....we surrender. 

I keep hearing Tyrion and Varys talking about hating the bells in my head.  They signal a city under siege, a dead king, a wedding...........remember that? 

I thought they signaled the king is dead.  It was a stupid plot point, that they didn't need to begin with and as per usual, they undercut what they previously established.

Season 8 Continuity errors ranked in the order of stupidity

• 8 starbucks coffee cup
  • 7 Jaimes sword hand regrowing while he hugs cersei
  • 6  the accuracy of the giant crossbow ballistas
  • 5  four legged Dragon sigil of house Targaryen
  • 4  Daenerys forgetting about the Ironfleet
  • 3  Christian iconography on buildings Drogon is blowing up
  • 2  Bells meaning surrender and the city is under siege
  • 1  Jaimes character redemption arc

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought they signaled the king is dead.  It was a stupid plot point, that they didn't need to begin with and as per usual, they undercut what they previously established.

This season gives the idea that they don t even watch their show… 

3 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Since when did dragonfire have explosive force?

Last time I checked, it melts stone. It doesn't blast it to pieces.

Quick!  Someone please create a gif of Godzilla's explosive radiation breath beside Drogon's explosive fire breath!  That would be awesome:P  

22 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Do I?

This scene is very ironic (and a bit more painful) now after this episode aired.

We never found out what Varys heard in the flames.

Archived