Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

I think Missandei saying "Dracarys"as her last words is very fitting, first, Missandei was only of the few people who truly loved Dany, second, she was an early supporter, who believed in her, and during this season was shown very annoyed with the machinations and schemes of Sanaaand others northeners and westerosi who didn't appreciate Dany, and third, she wants Dany to be herself, like the pep talk Daario gives her in the books, she wants Dany to stop trying to rise to the expectations of this strange people in her eyes.

and i believe people are minimazing how important Missandei is to dany, on a book perspective.

25 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I think Confederate is dead, the Star Wars gig came after that? 

@Pandean

They longer speak of Confederate. It is known.

LOL But yes, the Star Wars gig came shortly thereafter the Confederate thing. Shortly being the more interesting word.

If they can't handle their own adaptation of Game of Thrones, why do they think they can handle something as sprawling as Star Wars...particularly when it is struggling to stay afloat amidst continuity errors, deus ex machinas and plot holes itself.

6 minutes ago, BlueNightzx said:

I think Missandei saying "Dracarys" as her last words is very fitting, first, Missandei was only of the few people who truly loved Dany, second, she was an early supporter, who believed in her, and during this season was shown very annoyed with the machinations and schemes of Sanaaand others northeners and westerosi who didn't appreciate Dany, and third, she wants Dany to be herself, like the pep talk Daario gives her in the books, she wants Dany to stop trying to rise to the expectations of this strange people in her eyes.

and i believe people are minimazing how important Missandei is to dany, on a book perspective.

Show perspective too

36 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Sweet fucking jesus Christ.

There is no way this can possibly go well. WHO THOUGHT it was a good idea to let two white guys who cannot write nuanced political themes, female characters, sexuality and sexual violence, and just about everything that's sensitive well, be in charge of a topic that would need to be handled with a level 4 CDC level of cautiousness??

Here you go, brand new article about the coming Star Wars movie and the Confederate deal that is said to officially be delayed and up in the air.  I am certain the subject of the Civil War and a continuing Confederate gov't with slavery is something they should stay away from, for sure.  It seems Star Wars will not be so lucky. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-star-wars-films-after-rise-of-skywalker-will-1834749699

On 5/13/2019 at 12:54 AM, Snormund said:

You mean the rape scene?

i just pretend that never happened personally. 

It's possible it didn't happen. I mean, I think the actors or somebody said she gave in, but the way they edited it was not clear at all.

And the showrunners didn't notice it was coming off as rape? That is credible, because they're not that good at stuff. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:19 AM, Visenya Stark said:

How does Dany go crazy just by hearing bells?? It makes no sense whatsoever.

The Prophecy of the Bells. Have you forgotten?

"Princess silver looses power

As clangy-clang goes the tower 

Queen of Lies in Keep of Red 

Trembles near bodyguard dead

And dies in clutch of golden hand

Freed by dwarf of foe's command"

Also, her mother ate a lot of Taco Bell during the pregnancy. 

1 minute ago, darmody said:

It's possible it didn't happen. I mean, I think the actors or somebody said she gave in, but the way they edited it was not clear at all.

And the showrunners didn't notice it was coming off as rape? That is credible, because they're not that good at stuff. 

Clearly. It isn't that hard to portray how fucked up the two of them are when together. THAT is a simple theme that could have easily led to Jaime's further realization of such, thus sending him on his distancing of himself from her by his own volition. And this is FROM existing material.

But it was just another way to make Jaime look like a piece of shit. 

Someone give me something truly awesome to read.

1 hour ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

@Pandean

They longer speak of Confederate. It is known.

LOL But yes, the Star Wars gig came shortly thereafter the Confederate thing. Shortly being the more interesting word.

If they can't handle their own adaptation of Game of Thrones, why do they think they can handle something as sprawling as Star Wars...particularly when it is struggling to stay afloat amidst continuity errors, deus ex machinas and plot holes itself.

So Confederate is not gonna be a thing? Thank god.

Also ughhhhh they're gonna fuck up Star Wars. Fuck, I even like the new series (tho I am critical of it at the same time but it's still fun for me to watch). If Star Wars enters GoT territory where it's not even fun to watch anymore, ugh.

Someone stop them.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Here you go, brand new article about the coming Star Wars movie and the Confederate deal that is said to officially be delayed and up in the air.  I am certain the subject of the Civil War and a continuing Confederate gov't with slavery is something they should stay away from, for sure.  It seems Star Wars will not be so lucky. 

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-star-wars-films-after-rise-of-skywalker-will-1834749699

Thank you.

Also thank god for that. WHO thought Confederate was a good idea??? WHO??? 

RIP Star Wars.

5 minutes ago, Pandean said:

So Confederate is not gonna be a thing? Thank god.

Also ughhhhh they're gonna fuck up Star Wars. Fuck, I even like the new series (tho I am critical of it at the same time but it's still fun for me to watch). If Star Wars enters GoT territory where it's not even fun to watch anymore, ugh.

Someone stop them.

Hold your horses.

There is no confirmation as to whether Confederate will or will not be a thing. It's been officially shelved and they just aren't choosing to speak on it...one of the precious few wise decisions they have made as professionals.

Who knows what's going to happen with Confederate. In regards to your question about "who thought Confederate was a good idea" in 2017? Definitely D&D

As for Star Wars? Buckle up.

Just now, Jabar of House Titan said:

Hold your horses.

There is no confirmation as to whether Confederate will or will not be a thing. It's been officially shelved and they just aren't choosing to speak on it...one of the precious few wise decisions they have made as professionals.

Who knows what's going to happen with Confederate. In regards to your question about "who thought Confederate was a good idea" in 2017? Definitely D&D

I think that they aren t stupid enough to try and write orignal material for sw after what happened with GOT...

If they fuck it then their career is over. They will probably adapt somet sw material people love and get credit for it.

Over the last few days I've been randomly shedding tears for Dany's character whenever I think about her. which actually surprises me since I have been hate watching this series since season 5, have been annoyed with ShowDany just as long and I've never done this ever for any fictional character. Heh.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I think that they aren t stupid enough to try and write orignal material for sw after what happened with GOT...

If they fuck it then their career is over. They will probably adapt somet sw material people love and get credit for it.

What Star Wars material is there left to adapt?

Old video games? Oh, yes, they can be totally trusted to adapt tangential stories taken from video game cut-scenes and gamer magazine walkthroughs into a coherent, powerfully written and produced epic trilogy

Nearly 30 pages now in just THIS thread - somehow I must have missed the hordes of posters bewailing the end of Euron.  C'mon, who misses him? Who was rooting for Euron to marry Cercei and sit on the Iron Throne? Surely we can't have 100% consensus agreeing with the actor himself that it was a shit role?  

:ohwell:

Several thoughts on the rewatch.

- Would it have killed the CGI budget to change the cross on the bell tower to a seven pointed star, or just plain bricks?

- Whose job is it to keep the torches lit at the super sekrit cove entrance to the Red Keep?

- Also, ever since reading the Tyrion crossing the Narrow Sea chapter, I always figure the treason for gold would be Tyrion, either for Jaime or the Rock itself.

- Does the actor that plays Qyburn have the creepy menacing whispering thing going on if he just ordering take out?

- The scene where they cut back and forth between Sandor getting beaten up and Arya getting trampled in the street reminded me of The Corsican Brothers.

Euron and Jaime started fighting for a pretty lame reason. 
It's almost as if the writers appeared in the show and just say "ok, now we need these dudes to fight. We don't know why but the plot demands it. Enjoy!"

Just now, 3sm1r said:

And of course Euron survived the dragon blast of his ship and somehow ended up at exactly the right place and time to meet Jaime. So silly. 

4 minutes ago, 3sm1r said:

It's almost as if the writers appeared in the show and just say "ok, now we need these dudes to fight. We don't know why but the plot demands it. Enjoy!"

I wish Euron had tried to capture Cersei and turn her over to Dany to save his own skin. That would have been a fight worthy of Jaime Lannister.

2 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Hold your horses.

Sorry. But seriously. How tone deaf can one be to think it's a good tv show idea...well, I guess we are talking about D&D.

RIP Star Wars.

Archived