Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I thought I've seen stuff that has Arya both alive and dead.  I actually thought it was more stuff with Arya living?? 

really? where? I can't  see Arya surviving as a faceless man to grow old and live happily ever after, She had that whole dual expectation of death with the hound. I am interested in any of the leaks that say she will live. I hope she does live

1 hour ago, darksellsword said:

I can't wait for the people that flew to the forums to jeer anyone that was upset with Daenerys sudden turn to genocide with all the 'its foreshadowed sorry LOL'  crap. I can't wait for them to come rage quit over Bran being king or the stupid council nonsense. I can point out all the times characters have been on about needing a change in hierarchy it was foreshadowed/ always what was going to happen LOL

LOL Yes, a lot of people are making fun of Dany fans and saying "omg guyzzz it was foreshadowed she's always been nutslolz" as if they grasp anything beyond coolDragoons faiah and badass shooketh events.
They are so into Jon being this noble best king eva they have no idea what's in store for them. I can't wait. I hope Bran ends up voted king and by Bronn too. With all fanservice disgrace rubbed in the audience's faces. Now I wanna watch the world on fire just like Dany and visit vengeance upon all for looking down at my pain.

Just now, Nami said:

LOL Yes, a lot of people are making fun of Dany fans and saying "omg guyzzz it was foreshadowed lolz" as if they grasp anything beyond coolDragoons faiah and badass shooketh.
They are so into Jon being this noble best king eva they have no idea what's in store for them. I can't wait. I hope Bran ends up voted king and by Bronn too. With all fanservice disgrace rubbed in the audience's faces. Now I wanna watch the world on fire just like Dany.

Hahahaha I couldn't have said it any better myself

Just now, Nami said:

LOL Yes, a lot of people are making fun of Dany fans and saying "omg guyzzz it was foreshadowed lolz" as if they grasp anything beyond coolDragoons faiah and badass shooketh.
They are so into Jon being this noble best king eva they have no idea what's in store for them. I can't wait. I hope Bran ends up voted king and by Bronn too. With all fanservice disgrace rubbed in the audience's faces. Now I wanna watch the world on fire just like Dany.

I think people are defending that grrm will sell the mad queen satisfactory. Nobody can defend that what happened makes sense... 

Just like nobody can defend that after learning of r+l=j , killing Danny and having everybody counting on him to step up and lead westeros Jon will say fuck it and go to the wall.. 

Out of date now, because it's about ep. 4; but there's a lovely one of Ghost going Dracarys: https://www.chron.com/entertainment/tv/article/The-best-memes-reactions-to-Game-of-Thrones-13821428.php

More relevant to the episode, but not as good as the ones in Comic Book Girl's Rewind: https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/tv/article/Memes-reactions-to-Game-of-Thrones-season-8-13839636.php

Like the one with the heads on spikes "broken logic", excessively "pessimistic ending", "ruined character arcs". I'm quoting from memory, but the purport is the same. (The memes are towards the end)

1 hour ago, darksellsword said:

really? where? I can't  see Arya surviving as a faceless man to grow old and live happily ever after, She had that whole dual expectation of death with the hound. I am interested in any of the leaks that say she will live. I hope she does live

I thought her last encounter with 'Sandor' kind of humanised her, indicating a person who's ready to move on from the FM killing machine persona. Her 'Won't somebody think of the children' routine was moving; however, it did deeply trouble me that it might be D&D's cack-handed way of suggesting she has a child on the way :ack:

30 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I thought her last encounter with 'Sandor' kind of humanised her, indicating a person who's ready to move on from the FM killing machine persona. Her 'Won't somebody think of the children' routine was moving; however, it did deeply trouble me that it might be D&D's cack-handed way of suggesting she has a child on the way :ack:

They used Arya travelling to Kingslanding to assassinate  Cersei as a ruse to have her running through the streets with her plot armour so the audience could feel as though they were witnessing the massacre of the innocent and to feel as though they could lose someone they were attached to. They said as much in the after the episode video. I don't imagine they gave any serious consideration to the option of having Arya kill Cersei.

1 minute ago, darksellsword said:

They used Arya travelling to Kingslanding to assassinate  Cersei as a ruse to have her running through the streets with her plot armour so the audience could feel as though they were witnessing the massacre of the innocent and to feel as though they could lose someone they were attached to. They said as much in the after the episode video. I don't imagine they gave any serious consideration to the option of having Arya kill Cersei.

Right, I'm saying the episode served to soften Arya's image, making it more acceptable that she lives out her days peacefully, wherever that may be.

I was team stannis from the start so i already had my share of disgrace.

Now i just grab my popcorn as i watch the other "teams" demise.

Dany is already gone for good.

Jon is at least half butchered this season. Did a total of 0 things and his dumbness is getting more and more people away from his "team" his targ name doesnt mean a shit, his ressurrection has no purpose, there is no prophecy about him, abandoned Ghost, "his" dragon is dead, his love story is gone, he had sex with hiis aunt and we think there is still more to come for him.

Bran is this crazy dude only good for meme material. Forever know to the future westeros as Bran the Bait.

Sansa signed for the new season of gossip girl. Nobody buys her badassery.

Jaime had this circular arc that brought him to the exact same spot of season 1, when everybody hated him.

Tyrion is lost since he left westeros. Cock jokes machine, people telling the he is smart while ALL his decisions end up being the most dumbass thing to do.

Arya is the only one left. So probably she will die next.

I think i covered all the mains people were backing... except for Sir Pounce, but he is probably barbecue cat by now.

Arya's fans, your time has come.

This talk about Arya reminded me:

remember when she cooked the Freys, put them into pies and fed them to Walder Frey? LOL Oh man. Good thing she's not a Targ, I guess, otherwise she would be totally insane.

4 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Right, I'm saying the episode served to soften Arya's image, making it more acceptable that she lives out her days peacefully, wherever that may be.

I took it as her choosing life and almost immediately being shown that her path is towards death but I could be giving D&D too much credit

Which of the following choices, in terms of build up to the choice, was presented worse on the show?

1. Stannis burning Shireen because he needed to melt less than 1 foot of snow in order to get to Winterfell (despite Winterfell being within walking distance and Ramsay Bolton and his 20 good men being able to get through the snow)?

2. Dany killing everybody in King's Landing, because Dany "kind of forgot" that she had no reason to do this?

1 hour ago, Nami said:

This talk about Arya reminded me:

remember when she cooked the Freys, put them into pies and fed them to Walder Frey? LOL Oh man. Good thing she's not a Targ, I guess, otherwise she would be totally insane.

Thanks for reminding me about that scene and how it doesn't make any sense. It's almost equally as bad as Arya getting stabbed in the gut 3 times, being thrown into a river and suddenly being able to run around the city the next day and beat a Faceless Man in a sword fight. WTF happened to this show?

2 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Which of the following choices, in terms of build up to the choice, was presented worse on the show?

1. Stannis burning Shireen because he needed to melt less than 1 foot of snow in order to get to Winterfell (despite Winterfell being within walking distance and Ramsay Bolton and his 20 good men being able to get through the snow)?

2. Dany killing everybody in King's Landing, because Dany "kind of forgot" that she had no reason to do this?

I personally love how D&D screwed up the Battle of Ice so bad, they needed to give us a second Battle of Ice in season 6. I honestly feel at times that seasons 5 and 6 of the show are nothing but the showrunners spinning wheels.

While watching (and laughing at) this video about Tyrion being an idiot, something occurred to me: 

1) Daenerys had the patience of a saint right up the point where she snapped last episode. Seriously, I'm absolutely amazed that she didn't either fire him (pun intended), banish him or outright execute him several episodes ago, if not a whole season ago. I get it that her warning to Tyrion last episode about "the next time you fail me will be your last" is to foreshadow her loosing it, but seriously - any other ruler in this universe would've replaced him as Hand a long time ago already.

2) Has Tyrion actually given Daenerys a single piece of advice that ultimately concluded in something good happening to her or her cause? I'm genuinely curious because I can't actually think of something. Some of his advise seems to yield fruit, but ultimately they either lead to something bad happening or nothing at all.
In the rare case where it initially seems like he gave her good advise, it's usually something else that ultimately solves the issue despite his advise, and not because of it. 

No wonder Peter Dinklage can barely hide his contempt at D&D.

18 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Eh? They were both presented as unacceptable.

9 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

While watching (and laughing at) this video about Tyrion being an idiot, something occurred to me: 

1) Daenerys had the patience of a saint right up the point where she snapped last episode. Seriously, I'm absolutely amazed that she didn't either fire him (pun intended), banish him or outright execute him several episodes ago, if not a whole season ago. I get it that her warning to Tyrion last episode about "the next time you fail me will be your last" is to foreshadow her loosing it, but seriously - any other ruler in this universe would've replaced him as Hand a long time ago already.

2) Has Tyrion actually given Daenerys a single piece of advice that ultimately concluded in something good happening to her? I'm genuinely curious because I can't actually think of something. Some of his advise seems to yield fruit, but ultimately they either lead to something bad or nothing at all.
In the rare case where it initially seems like he gave her good advise, it's usually something else that ultimately solves the issue despite his advise, and not because of it. 

No wonder Peter Dinklage can barely hide his contempt at D&D.

All that supports my defence of how D&D presented that moment in The Bells. We see the camera flicking from Dany to Tyrion and back to Dany as she takes it all in. She recalls that is was TYRION who assured her the bells mean surrender. Then she recalls that Tyrion has been wrong every fecking time. She finally decides (the one time he was actually correct) that she's not going to give him the benefit of the doubt and that he's surely been tricked by Cercei yet again. Therefore, this whole build up shows that Tyrion, in part, is responsible for the travesty.

It's too simplistic to just say 'Dany is mad', 'Dany snapped' and stop there. Her decision was affected by what others have said and done - Jon for blagging to Sansa, Sansa for blagging, Tyrion for being persistently wrong in his guidance.

21 minutes ago, sifth said:

I personally love how D&D screwed up the Battle of Ice so bad, they needed to give us a second Battle of Ice in season 6. I honestly feel at times that seasons 5 and 6 of the show are nothing but the showrunners spinning wheels.

My interpretation was that D&D wanted to give Stannis' victory over the Boltons to Jon and Sansa.  I don't believe for a moment that "The Battle of Bastards" will actually take place in the books.

48 minutes ago, Sri Vi said:

Please read this alternate Episode 5 with better script writing. Well worth it . You will definitely like it. Its really sad how easy it was to make it legit and yet the show writers failed due to their general apathy towards character consistency

https://v2krules.blogspot.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5.html

That is actually awesome - 1000% improvement on the show! Make sure he tells up the proper ending in episode 6!

Archived