Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

2 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Is there ANYTHING that could happen in the finale that would make all these wasted characters and storylines make sense? Like some huge plot twist that makes us all regret the terrible criticism of this final season? Something that explains all these out of character behaviors and justifies the way the story has been told this last season? 

Look on the bright side. There's no story left to rush and no expectations left to subvert. 

5 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Is there ANYTHING that could happen in the finale that would make all these wasted characters and storylines make sense? Like some huge plot twist that makes us all regret the terrible criticism of this final season? Something that explains all these out of character behaviors and justifies the way the story has been told this last season? 

A gas leak in Westeros got everyone stoned l aka Community season 4.

Dany burning everyone when the bell rang is just ridiculous. You know what would have been a tiny bit more sense if they bothered thinking it through to give some sort of catalyst... Missandei is still alive in Ep 5, the bells ring but Cersei being the vindictive, cold and spiteful character she is, decides to throw Missandei out of the Red Keep, this makes Dany go truly haywire and in her rage she starts burning not just the Red Keep but all of Kings Landing. It would have made a swab bit more sense than her just deciding she wants to burn them all even they did nothing to her. 

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

It's not ruination, it's her arc and it's a great arc. 

She wanted to love her people and she wanted the people to love her. But the people did not love her. They didn't wait to be saved by her, didn't appreciate her wanting to conquer King's Landing. All this babble from her childhood about Westeros waiting for a Targaryen ruler was idiotic nonsense of Viserys who brainwashed young Daenerys into believing this delusions.

You guys defending this abomination writing really don't remember the first seasons, do you?

5 minutes ago, Nami said:

You guys defending this abomination writing really don't remember the first seasons, do you?

The first seasons were so much greater. Much more daring, provocative, complex. Yes, I remember.

I agree that the last seasons decreased in quality and complexity. I agree that season 8 is rushed and should have had 10 episode to do more dialogues, emotions and wrapping up more lose ends. 

But the storyline of Daenerys is not bad. It was to be expected. It fits. It will be the same in the books.

You can moan about S8 being rushed. About some logical shortcomings in details. But not about the general storyline of Daenerys turning mad. 

I am glad to see this abomination deservedly crash and burn at last.

And yet I’m regretting deciding to watch series 8 after I dropped the show early on in s 6. 

12 minutes ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

Dany burning everyone when the bell rang is just ridiculous. You know what would have been a tiny bit more sense if they bothered thinking it through to give some sort of catalyst... Missandei is still alive in Ep 5, the bells ring but Cersei being the vindictive, cold and spiteful character she is, decides to throw Missandei out of the Red Keep, this makes Dany go truly haywire and in her rage she starts burning not just the Red Keep but all of Kings Landing. It would have made a swab bit more sense than her just deciding she wants to burn them all even they did nothing to her. 

Hihi, thinking about that, how and why did deranged Dany even back to Dragonstone? I thought she would attack them then and there, because of Missandei. That could have worked. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Hihi, thinking about that, how and why did deranged Dany even back to Dragonstone? I thought she would attack them then and there, because of Missandei. That could have worked. 

Exactly, she clearly didn't even need an army to completely wreck KL, just one mad woman and her Dragon got berserk 

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Agreed. A bit rushed, but the arc itself is great and believable.

No, it's not. Not even close. All that Dany has done in the past, all the sideturns she took to save slaves, to protect the innocent, and now she's the Mad Queen because ooh, no one loves her. She made no effort after getting to Westeros to protect the innocent, the common folk. Turns out, she's no different than all the others tyrants, but no set up was done for it. "A bit rushed" haha.

1 minute ago, Ser Dalton Vaas said:

Exactly, she clearly didn't even need an army to completely wreck KL, just one mad woman and her Dragon got berserk 

Also, how did she get the others around Euron's fleet?

43 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

<screen starts out black and slowly lights up as the camera pans above a bed to see two people sleeping with candles on their bed tables>

<Ned Stark sits straight up in bed and shakes Catelyn>

"Cat!  I just had the worst dream!  There is something I have to tell you...."

<screen goes black>

1 minute ago, Greywolf2375 said:

<screen starts out black and slowly lights up as the camera pans above a bed to see two people sleeping with candles on their bed tables>

<Ned Stark sits straight up in bed and shakes Catelyn>

"Cat!  I just had the worst dream!  There is something I have to tell you...."

<screen goes black>

I just saw this comment on the Inside the Episode comments. Was that you?

I don't think the show even tries to paint her as mad, just ruthless I guess? The actual catalyst to her going postal seems to be when Jon doesn't want to have sex with her anymore. "Let it be fear". That would make her burning KL a cold blooded decision, not just something snapping inside her.

Of course writing and screenplay of this show is so botched it's really hard to tell what's intended or not and I'm not about to delve into the madness of watching D&D explain their decisions. 

46 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Look on the bright side. There's no story left to rush and no expectations left to subvert. 

That's not true.

Spoiler

Some people still think Jon is gonna be the King. They are in for a nasty surprise when he goes back to the Wall instead.

6 minutes ago, Gelious said:

That's not true.

Hide contents

Some people still think Jon is gonna be the King. They are in for a nasty surprise when he goes back to the Wall instead.

Curious what he will be doing there now....

Archived