Rant & Rave without Repercussion: Burn It All Edition

Corvinus85

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:
Have you guys seen this?

Honestly I didn't have to see this to understand that D&D, short of original ideas, threw themselves on this opportunity, hoping to please the books readers but at the expense of all likelihood and coherence… 

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Oh god, lol, if this is true, it just highlights how incompetent D&D are.

D1: So, uh, we really like the shocking scene of King's Landing being burnt, but we didn't have the foresight to include FAegon or Jon Connington. What do?

D2: EHHHH, JUST SLAP ON THE BELL-RELATED TRAUMA AND EFFECTS OF GREYSCALE ONTO DAENERYS LAST MINUTE, IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

D1: Great job, D2. Now let's get drunk and film 'Inside the Episode' and give each other a handjob.

D2: Took the cock, er, words right out of my mouth, D1.

So. Should we have a poll? I was thinking, the leaks we have so far are so outrageously stupid they might be true? I’m not sure I got it all, but off the top of my head...

1. Jon/Arya wearing Jon’s face kills Dany 

2. Bran is “elected” top ruler/king/CEO/whatever 

3. Bronn sits on the council ( :lol: :lmao: :rofl:)

4. Dany’s dead body is taken to the .ioF by Drogon, where she is resurrected and becomes the Night Queen.

5. Jon goes back to CB and the NW.

6. Sansa rules Winterfell/the North

7. Tyrion dies (I don’t even care how, as long as he does indeed DIE

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

So. Should we have a poll? I was thinking, the leaks we have so far are so outrageously stupid they might be true? I’m not sure I got it all, but off the top of my head...

4. Dany’s dead body is taken to the .ioF by Drogon, where she is resurrected and becomes the Night Queen.

I believe that the leaks are mostly accurate. They've been right about the major beats throughout.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't buy this Night Queen crap. But Jon for sure will have a perfectly boring ending that fits his boring character. It's amazing to me how much I don't care for any of these characters anymore.

It's gonna end in a shitty way we all know it.
I will not watch it because the show is officially dead to me. All characters were killed during The Long Night.

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can't wait for the people that flew to the forums to jeer anyone that was upset with Daenerys sudden turn to genocide with all the 'its foreshadowed sorry LOL'  crap. I can't wait for them to come rage quit over Bran being king or the stupid council nonsense. I can point out all the times characters have been on about needing a change in hierarchy it was foreshadowed/ always what was going to happen LOL

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I have a bad feeling that these are mostly accurate in which case WTF

Why the fuck would Bran be King or Bronn sit on the council?

Here is what I pieced together from all the different variations of the leaks

Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Daenerys again

Tyrion makes some arrangement with Sansa to turn on Daenerys

Daenerys puts Tyrion on Trial for betraying her, I think mostly for freeing Jaime

Arya gets caught trying to kill Daenerys or gets caught intentionally knowing that Dany will kill her and force Jons hand

Daenerys Kills Arya

Jon kills greyworm, they telegraphed that from episode 4 when you see Greyworm take the unsullied pieces from Jon at the war council meeting like a petulant child, you also see greyworm give Jon the stink eye when Jon is tryin to stop the troops slaughtering the innocent

Jon stabs Daenerys she lives long enough to crawl to the Ironthrone and touch it with her fingers

I think the Prince of Dorne and whoever Varys was writing to turn up and force a stalemate between whatever troops Dany still has and prevents them from Killing Jon

Jon gives up the Iron Throne to go hangout with Tormund and ghost 

all that council + Bran being king shit happens

The End

25 minutes ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I believe that the leaks are mostly accurate. They've been right about the major beats throughout.

My thoughts exactly. But could it be any stupider? 

23 minutes ago, Nami said:

I don't buy this Night Queen crap. But Jon for sure will have a perfectly boring ending that fits his boring character. It's amazing to me how much I don't care for any of these characters anymore.

It's gonna end in a shitty way we all know it.
I will not watch it because the show is officially dead to me. All characters were killed during The Long Night.

Im with you. It’s gonna be stupid, whether the leaks are right not not. 

And these show characters.. they’re cardboard cutouts, I wish them dead, ALL of them, no exceptions.

16 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

I can't wait for the people that flew to the forums to jeer anyone that was upset with Daenerys sudden turn to genocide with all the 'its foreshadowed sorry LOL'  crap. I can't wait for them to come rage quit over Bran being king or the stupid council nonsense. I can point out all the times characters have been on about needing a change in hierarchy it was foreshadowed/ always what was going to happen LOL

Not sure I follow? 

12 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I have a bad feeling that these are mostly accurate in which case WTF

Why the fuck would Bran be King or Bronn sit on the council?

WT ACTUAL F Is exactly what I’m thinking. These spoilers are so bad they’re probsbly spot on. :dunno:

Bronn in the ruling council is so outrageously stupid and idiotic and ridiculous, it’s probably the most accurate prediction of all! :lol:

8 hours ago, Rockroi said:

My point is that the evidence in that tweet is not evidence that "this" was inside her.  It was evident that she did horrible things in a horrible world.  She was faced with terrible decisions and at times made very brutal decisions.  Which is why I provided the following:

1. Complementary Evidence: I gave many examples where Dany took actions that were forgiving, just, simple and, at times, enlightened.  

2. Similar Behavior: I gave examples where other leaders acted in a manner similar to Dany and how that is not evidence of insanity.  In other words, Dany displays relatively normal behavior.

I recognize that the tweet is not an exhaustive list, but the list is trying to put forth the best arguments in limited space.  My response is "These examples don't show insanity."  They show harshness; they show violence. But insanity is something I sort of want evidence for.  And in this universe not all violence is insane. 

So while I agree that they executed the turn "poorly" I think its more than just execution; I think they never laid the proper foundation and that left the scene seeming untethered to the underlying story.  And from my POV, knowing where they are in the story, it also reeks of desperation.  

Stannis burned his own daughter and people still didn't fully consider him being a psychopath. Even Jofferey didn't kill the population of KL after they tried to KILL him. Cersei didn't murder them even tho they spit, threw piss and shit and what else on her during the walk of shame. What Dany did would never happen, she wouldn't do it.. It's written so bad that I want to cry. 

AND I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHO TOLD THE LANNISTER SOLDIERS / PEOPLE THAT RINGING THE BELL MEANT SURRENDER??!? IT NEVER HAD BEFORE. 

26 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

Here is what I pieced together from all the different variations of the leaks

Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Daenerys again

Tyrion makes some arrangement with Sansa to turn on Daenerys

Daenerys puts Tyrion on Trial for betraying her, I think mostly for freeing Jaime

Arya gets caught trying to kill Daenerys or gets caught intentionally knowing that Dany will kill her and force Jons hand

Daenerys Kills Arya

Jon kills greyworm, they telegraphed that from episode 4 when you see Greyworm take the unsullied pieces from Jon at the war council meeting like a petulant child, you also see greyworm give Jon the stink eye when Jon is tryin to stop the troops slaughtering the innocent

Jon stabs Daenerys she lives long enough to crawl to the Ironthrone and touch it with her fingers

I think the Prince of Dorne and whoever Varys was writing to turn up and force a stalemate between whatever troops Dany still has and prevents them from Killing Jon

Jon gives up the Iron Throne to go hangout with Tormund and ghost 

all that council + Bran being king shit happens

The End

Arya dies ? 

HAH. FAKE NEWS.

14 minutes ago, Knugen said:

AND I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHO TOLD THE LANNISTER SOLDIERS / PEOPLE THAT RINGING THE BELL MEANT SURRENDER??!? IT NEVER HAD BEFORE. 

D&D and consistency is an oxymoron (no pun intended).

In one battle (Blackwater) bells signal that the attack is imminent. But D&D probably forgot about that part and did a 180 degree turn, now the bells mean your surrender. 

Creatively it made sense because they wanted it to happen basically.

39 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

My thoughts exactly. But could it be any stupider? 

Im with you. It’s gonna be stupid, whether the leaks are right not not. 

And these show characters.. they’re cardboard cutouts, I wish them dead, ALL of them, no exceptions.

Not sure I follow? 

WT ACTUAL F Is exactly what I’m thinking. These spoilers are so bad they’re probsbly spot on. :dunno:

Bronn in the ruling council is so outrageously stupid and idiotic and ridiculous, it’s probably the most accurate prediction of all! :lol:

danny being stabed and crawling to the IT sounds so stupid… Like "I am dying but at least I will touch the IT because that is so important"... They just defeated a bunch of undead mosnters and became even worse people than they were before!

What was the point of r+l=j or jon's whole story if he will end up exactly where he started? OR in an even worse place! Not even the wildlings like  to live north of the Wall… But jon born and raised in a castle would love it… 

bran couldn t be the lord of winterfell but can be king... and the all the other lords will accept it… danny looks like the worse person in the intire story, the only person completly obecessed with power…

my advice is sign this 

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

I hope it gets a huge number of signatures to show how bad this season is...

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It won’t happen. But on the off chance... I signed it. :D

It is obvious it won t happen. But I sincerely hope it gets embarassing for D&D that a lot of people hated this season.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

Sorry about the repeat posts. Also sorry if this has already been discussed. As you were...

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

Honestly I didn't have to see this to understand that D&D, short of original ideas, threw themselves on this opportunity, hoping to please the books readers but at the expense of all likelihood and coherence… 

Book readers do know about Connington and his hatred of bells ever since The Battle of the Bells from Robert's Rebellion.  It has been discussed among some here and there, I am sure, with us wondering if that fed into the 'great' idea of the Bells and all this episode. 

Still, I do not see anything out there confirming that the Ds have further info on Connington in this matter or that GRRM has said ANYTHING about this season as it's been airing, publicly anyway. 

Really disliked Euron washing up on shore, just in time to fight Jaime. This was just stupid and really not thought out very well.

This is what the third time this has happened. The Onion Knight survives getting blasted off his ship in the Battle of Blackwater Bay. Tyrion survives what we assumed was him getting hit by the mast, then Euron survives the ship getting blasted by dragon fire. It's not my show but I'd be damned if I would've let that happen. It served no purpose whatsoever. 

Archived