Boskone party

Yagathai

So , I'll be bringing Irish booze , potín if I can , mead for sure . Let's get Bunratted :D

Woo-hoo! Potín and mead! I don't think I've had either of those since I was in Ireland 9 years ago.

Hey X's - we need gin and vermouth but I can go shopping when I get there . In fact I would love to get outside the hotel . I have never been to Boston before and would hate to leave not having seen any of it .

I am always down for roaming around Boston. Gin and vermouth is always good as well. Seeing as it's blood orange season, I may have to get the fixings to make a proper Fire And Blood cocktail.

The only reason to buy extremely cheap (and shitty) vodka is if you're anticipating serving several thousand folks. Like at a Worldcon. If you're at a smaller con, and your primary goal is taking care of your own, you can serve the good stuff freely.

Ask everyone to bring a bottle of something decent. I was amazed at how many people brought good vodka (plus a ton of other good shit) to the LA party. We were able to use that instead of the cheap stuff, for the most part.

Ask everyone to bring a bottle of something decent. I was amazed at how many people brought good vodka (plus a ton of other good shit) to the LA party. We were able to use that instead of the cheap stuff, for the most part.

Good point, CoC. I think we can use one shitty vodka bottle for the general jungle-juice drinkers (and there be plenty of those), but angle for a higher cut for those who ask for decent drinks. We're gonna miss you at Boskone.

Last night I was picking up some things for the party suite, as promised. Lo and behold, the party store had this random display of frog related things (I have no idea why, but that's not the point :P ). Of course, my first thought was of the frog plushie gal from last year. For half a second I was almost tempted to get a little stuffed frog as a mascot for this year...

...but then sanity returned. ;)

On a serious note, do you need raffle tickets, Stego? Because I saw some if you need any...

ETA: Also, shouldn't the program be out fairly soon?

Last night I was picking up some things for the party suite, as promised. Lo and behold, the party store had this random display of frog related things (I have no idea why, but that's not the point :P ). Of course, my first thought was of the frog plushie gal from last year. For half a second I was almost tempted to get a little stuffed frog as a mascot for this year...

...but then sanity returned. ;)

On a serious note, do you need raffle tickets, Stego? Because I saw some if you need any...

ETA: Also, shouldn't the program be out fairly soon?

Oh shit, Regina! You're a genius!!!!

We could do a theme based in Moat Cailin/The Neck/House Reed!

Frog plushie lady will die of pure rapture!

Oh shit, Regina! You're a genius!!!!

We could do a theme based in Moat Cailin/The Neck/House Reed!

Frog plushie lady will die of pure rapture!

Yeah, until someone tells her that folks from the neck are frog eaters, and she wigs out completely. :P

Mr. X--I'd forgotten that the frog's name was, in fact, Frog. That's priceless!

BTW, does anyone know if there will be a dinner with George? Or if he's going to do a signing?

They don't get in til very late , thurday evening , which , I imagine , makes that very unlikely . I'd say Sunday was probably our best bet . Maybe we could all take tea on Sunday or something . I'll check it out too .

Unless tea is at about 1pm, count me out.

Sunday mornings at Boskone are rough.

Archived