Now what? [Spoliers]

robasp2

So now let's check the facts.

1. The city has fallen. Destruction, cold blooded murder, rape and violence has already started as shown.

2. Tyrion, Jon and Arya have seen the destruction and are all upset with Daenerys.

3. Greyworm has noted Jon's reluctance to follow his queen.

So now what happens?

I never think Jon can ever kill Daenerys. He has never been a murderer and will never be. I guess he'll break up and ride north.

But why is Arya still alive? For a reason?

Just now, Hodor's Dragon said:

Yeah, Super Arya will nuke the Mad Queen. I'd be very surprised if she doesn't.

Just because she's GRRM's wife's favorite character, I don't understand why she turns out to be the chosen one EVERY time !!

She survives dragon fire and bell towers. The next episode preview shows her staring at Daenerys with anger.

Unconfirmed whispers talk about

A bloody Dae erys crawling to the iron throne to touch it one last time

You all know who it's gonna be now. *Sigh*

4 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

There was a lot of focus on Arya and her trying to help the population of KL even after she thanked Sandor. All this focus on her must strongly suggest that her list only has one name - Dany.

But if she murders her then what?

Civil war? The unsullied and dothraki have multiplied several fold. They are not going to stay silent.

1. If the Kingdoms somehow ended up liking Dany for this (the Northmen had also pillaged King's Landing so they can't criticize Dany without outing themselves), then at least Jon and Tyrion would be executed in a farce of a trial. That would be a horrendous ending, however. A more bittersweet ending would be Jon being exiled up North and Tyrion forbidden from taking  Casterly Rock. 

2. For the horrendous ending,  the Starks killed Daenerys and Jon became like Robert Baratheon, drinking himself to death. For the bittersweet ending, Jon became something like a 'Steward' for a while, learned new skills, watched as Daenerys died in childbirth, and then ruled as regent over his son (people would know about his heritage, but he still maintains enough power to choose). Jon would move back North as soon as his son comes of age and died a lonely death (but on his own terms).

5 minutes ago, HighAndMightyBrightness said:

1. If the Kingdoms somehow ended up liking Dany for this (the Northmen had also pillaged King's Landing so they can't criticize Dany without outing themselves), then at least Jon and Tyrion would be executed in a farce of a trial. That would be a horrendous ending, however. A more bittersweet ending would be Jon being exiled up North and Tyrion forbidden from taking  Casterly Rock. 

2. For the horrendous ending,  the Starks killed Daenerys and Jon became like Robert Baratheon, drinking himself to death. For the bittersweet ending, Jon became something like a 'Steward' for a while, learned new skills, watched as Daenerys died in childbirth, and then ruled as regent over his son (people would know about his heritage, but he still maintains enough power to choose). Jon would move back North as soon as his son comes of age and died a lonely death (but on his own terms).

Yup. I too see one of these happening.

But it's likely the second one. The next episode preview foreshadows Arya the great eyeing Daenerys.

With the queen dead I hope Jon leaves to the North than becoming Robert 2.0.

But I wonder who will sit on the throne then?

Tyrion? Sansa?

8 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

The unsullied and dothraki have multiplied several fold. They are not going to stay silent.

Noticed that. Where the fuck are they getting them?

Now what? Well, the message I'm getting is that it really doesn't matter anymore. So you win the game of thrones; what have you won? Just death and ashes. So the emphasis has to shift back up North, to Sansa and particularly Bran. As the Children of the Forest discovered 8000 years ago, human really don't deserve to live. Planetos needs a complete reset.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Noticed that. Where the fuck are they getting them?

Now what? Well, the message I'm getting is that it really doesn't matter anymore. So you win the game of thrones; what have you won? Just death and ashes. So the emphasis has to shift back up North, to Sansa and particularly Bran. As the Children of the Forest discovered 8000 years ago, human really don't deserve to live. Planetos needs a complete reset.

But how would the reset work?

No night king, No children of the forest, No Thanos, No time for a bubonic plague.

1 minute ago, robasp2 said:

But how would the reset work?

No night king, No children of the forest, No Thanos, No time for a bubonic plague.

Right, I'm basically saying the message is nihilistic. The human race is getting what's coming to us. Any 'sweet' in the 'bittersweet' ending is going to be superficial and unconvincing.

19 minutes ago, Nihiloth90 said:

I cannot think of anything. I am so fucking annoyed by her! Holy shit!

It was yet another ridiculous episode. D&D clearly wants Dany dead and this is motive. Arya going to KL to complete her list then fearing death and turning back is also an absolute joke, what did she expect to walk through the Red Keep and make Cersei surrender?

Appalled at yet another episode.

20 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

But if she murders her then what?

Civil war? The unsullied and dothraki have multiplied several fold. They are not going to stay silent.

Oh I agree, it should not get to that point because it would cause the death of both her and Jon (potentially the northerners too) as both the Unsullied and Dothraki will avenge her, considering there were hardly any casualties it wouldn't be a difficult task,

After a scenario like that Jon and Arya will ideally take their northerners and go back home. Yet I'm still leaning towards the idea that there's more chance of Jon killing Dany and then him dying as a result of that - leaving the throne open for something a lot more random. I can't see a scenario where Jon kills Dany and manages to survive, likewise with Arya - it would just make the series even dafter than it is.

Every week it seems as if the worst of it has come but never say never, next week should be the final disappointment. At least they've been consistent with one thing and that's how each episode is more pathetic than the other - progress on their behalf, they should be proud.

We know the writers are ridiculous, I don't see this being concluded without a few more deaths at least.

Archived