Jump to content
420faceless

What will Jon do?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, azor_ahaiii said:

Well they definitely shouldn't write shit in their own at least. They were pretty good at adapting the books.

I am no expert but wasn't GRRM part of the early seasons alot more. I might be wrong I just thought he was. I am usually one of the people that defends writers taking the occasional sketchy idea. Like how  they seemed to teleport to KL like jaime did somehow.  I usually try to find some way to defend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Kinda wanna see Ary a about to die to greyworm and jon rams his sword through the back of his head like the guy from gin alley. Jon loving Dany was so forced and didn't seem real like his romance with ygritte.

Yeah, the fact that I 100% do not believe they love each other makes this season so difficult. Many of the scenes that would be heartwrenching are just cringey. I hate seeing puppy faced Jon telling deranged Dany 'You're my queen!' They should be married by this point- I believe he would try to protect and defend his spouse in the same way Ned took the blame when Cat took Tyrion, but I don't think love, or what passes for love would be enough, even before the slaughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fairwarging said:

Yeah, the fact that I 100% do not believe they love each other makes this season so difficult. Many of the scenes that would be heartwrenching are just cringey. I hate seeing puppy faced Jon telling deranged Dany 'You're my queen!' They should be married by this point- I believe he would try to protect and defend his spouse in the same way Ned took the blame when Cat took Tyrion, but I don't think love, or what passes for love would be enough, even before the slaughter. 

I felt like they did although jon did seem very submissive to her. Of course they somehow made him push her away at JUST the right moment for some reason. Rather then him try to talk her out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

What dany did was unreedamable. The only way to actually save her character would be to have everything past the bell ringing be in her head and start the next episode right back at the scene where we hear the bells. 

 

The whole scene was meant for shock value and nothing else. Well maybe to paint her as unredeemable.

 

Of course I forsee sansa doing an I told you so to jon and jon just taking it without pointing out that if sansa hadn't told tyrion it would have been ALOT less pressure on dany and that even if it all went according to sansa's "brilliant and well thought out plan" that sansa would be starting a war against someone with a dragon and an army that would get thousands killed for no real reason.

 

Someone pointed out that in season 2 Davos says that bells are never meant for surrender. Tyrion may have been playing Dany. Again wishful but not hopeful. 

 

Really sad that they not only butchered Dany, but Sansa too. Sansa always has known her manners and this Sansa has no etiquette. Cersei 2.0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, madhikun said:

Someone pointed out that in season 2 Davos says that bells are never meant for surrender. Tyrion may have been playing Dany. Again wishful but not hopeful. 

 

Really sad that they not only butchered Dany, but Sansa too. Sansa always has known her manners and this Sansa has no etiquette. Cersei 2.0. 

Sansa was butchered last episode and it was a horrible way to show she was power hungry. Bad writing in my opinion. And I believe if she hadn't done this then dany might not have lost it. since she had someone betraying her added to her grief. Of course it wouldn't have made a difference in the show since they were obviously gonna do this whether it made sense or not.

Edited by snow is the man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azor_ahaiii said:

You're 100% gonna watch it and return here to complain

You bet your ass I will! But I am so going to do all the spoilers I find before hand and dull my expectation to the point that Jon killing dany for what ever reason will be meh.

Do you know what I wanted for this show. I wanted to feel like the viewers of the Truman Show where its edge of the seat stuff as he looks to escape the show crators and then the triumphant exaltation of that aduience when he does just that - followed by a pause to gather myself before casually jumping channels wondering what else is on. That's what I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Sansa was butchered last episode and it was a horrible way to show she was power hungry. Bad writing in my opinion. And I believe if she hadn't done this then dany might not have lost it. since she had someone betraying her added to her grief. Of course it wouldn't have made a difference in the show since they were obviously gonna do this whether it made sense or not.

If you cant handle people talking shit about you then you shouldn't be queen. Imagine if she married Jon. Sansa would be her in law forever!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

If you cant handle people talking shit about you then you shouldn't be queen. Imagine if she married Jon. Sansa would be her in law forever!!!! 

Talking crap is one thing. Trying to start an uprising is another thing. If sansa had told tyrion that she didn't like her or thought she would be a bad queen I expect dany would have been annoyed and angry but sansa was trying to start a war between jon and dany. And yeah that's what it would have been if sansa got her way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Talking crap is one thing. Trying to start an uprising is another thing. If sansa had told tyrion that she didn't like her or thought she would be a bad queen I expect dany would have been annoyed and angry but sansa was trying to start a war between jon and dany. And yeah that's what it would have been if sansa got her way.

Jon seemed like a true believer in Dany up until the she continue to burn everything. Either way Dany isnt taking King's Landing on a claim she is a full on conqueror she doesnt need a claim. Jon's claim means shit at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon seemed like a true believer in Dany up until the she continue to burn everything. Either way Dany isnt taking King's Landing on a claim she is a full on conqueror she doesnt need a claim. Jon's claim means shit at this point. 

Because up until that point most of the stuff she did had some reason for them that made sense to some degree.

When she burned the tarly's she did it because she offered them a pardon if they bent the knee and then offered to let them take the black and they refused. While it was brutal it made sense. This made absolutely no sense. She specifically went after civilians. If she had gone after the red keep even after the surrender because she wanted to kill cersei and considered the civilians in there an acceptable cost for her revenge or just been so focused on cersei that she didn't care at that moment then it would have made sense and believable. Instead she burns the city down and hits the red keep LAST! She goes through and kills civilians for no reason and she did choose to attack civilians specifically. Not even because she saw lannister troops in the mix.

 

If she had attacked the red keep like I said I would have been mad and wished they hadn't done it but it would have made sense to some degree. And it could be seen as forshadowed. Instead they made her worse then her father since he had already lost and was doing it to get back at everyone and to not let robert have kings landing. Not saying that was right it was still horrific and evil. However she had won the battle and would have gotten the city and throne but decided to kill everyone because..reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Because up until that point most of the stuff she did had some reason for them that made sense to some degree.

When she burned the tarly's she did it because she offered them a pardon if they bent the knee and then offered to let them take the black and they refused. While it was brutal it made sense. This made absolutely no sense. She specifically went after civilians. If she had gone after the red keep even after the surrender because she wanted to kill cersei and considered the civilians in there an acceptable cost for her revenge or just been so focused on cersei that she didn't care at that moment then it would have made sense and believable. Instead she burns the city down and hits the red keep LAST! She goes through and kills civilians for no reason and she did choose to attack civilians specifically. Not even because she saw lannister troops in the mix.

 

If she had attacked the red keep like I said I would have been mad and wished they hadn't done it but it would have made sense to some degree. And it could be seen as forshadowed. Instead they made her worse then her father since he had already lost and was doing it to get back at everyone and to not let robert have kings landing. Not saying that was right it was still horrific and evil. However she had won the battle and would have gotten the city and throne but decided to kill everyone because..reasons?

She said she would rule by fear after Jon rebuffed her. I am ok with Jon killing her at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon will probably kill Dany and at this point she has to be stopped. Jon's whole storyline is mostly pointless outside of 1 maybe 2 things. The whole R+L=J was used only to drive a wedge between Dany and everyone else. Please tell me R+L=J will matter more in the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To kill Dany, first you need to kill Drogon,

Jon can't do that, so that's the problem. There is no Scorpion left and Night King is dead. 

Arya can assassinate Dany yes, but then how are they going to control a wild Drogon? Which is why they need to kill Dany's Dragon first.

Or maybe valyrian steel can hurt a Dragon, so a stab from Longclaw to Drogon's eye? Still, Drogon's head is too large for one stab to kill, if Jon tries to do that Drogon would bite him quickly after the stab.

 

Edited by Erkan12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon goes back to the Nights Watch and Bran becomes King with a council.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

To kill Dany, first you need to kill Drogon,

Jon can't do that, so that's the problem. There is no Scorpion left and Night King is dead. 

Arya can assassinate Dany yes, but then how are they going to control a wild Drogon? Which is why they need to kill Dany's Dragon first.

Or maybe valyrian steel can hurt a Dragon, so a stab from Longclaw to Drogon's eye? Still, Drogon's head is too large for one stab to kill, if Jon tries to that Drogon would bite him quickly after the stab.

 

I thought about this too, they can't let Drogon live. Unless Jon can control it but I doubt he'd take the risk of leaving any dragons alive to cause more damage.

NK killed one of them with a spear, it drowned, so did the second one after being shot with an arrow. Could they think of yet another way to kill a dragon? Blow it up?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

I thought about this too, they can't let Drogon live. Unless Jon can control it but I doubt he'd take the risk of leaving any dragons alive to cause more damage.

NK killed one of them with a spear, it drowned, so did the second one after being shot with an arrow. Could they think of yet another way to kill a dragon? Blow it up?

 

More likely it picks up Dany's corpse and flies her back to Essos. Are dragons like salmon and go back to where they hatched? Or will it drop her down a Volantis volcano?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There will have to be more reasons for Jon & Dany marriage not happening than "Jon can't bring himself to be with his aunt". Being related(while being Targs) wouldn't be that important in the matter of future of the realm. There is no reason not to make a shell marriage in these circumstances in the show. I expect there'll be third persons involved in the books at the least, Jon could be already married to Val maybe and wouldn't set her aside(paralleling Robb & Jeyne/Talisa) and there might not even be a romance arc between Jon & Dany.

While people are criticizing & upset about Dany's arc in the show, there is no character development for Jon to speak of at this point, even to be upset about, he's like just another soldier in Dany's army, another side character in Dany's story.

Edited by Quillon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

To kill Dany, first you need to kill Drogon,

Jon can't do that, so that's the problem. There is no Scorpion left and Night King is dead. 

Arya can assassinate Dany yes, but then how are they going to control a wild Drogon? Which is why they need to kill Dany's Dragon first.

Or maybe valyrian steel can hurt a Dragon, so a stab from Longclaw to Drogon's eye? Still, Drogon's head is too large for one stab to kill, if Jon tries to do that Drogon would bite him quickly after the stab.

 

Or maybe he kills her and for some reason drogon joins jon for some reason. It would be par for the course now. Or and this is what I am now wondering will they just really go out into left field and have jon forgive her and have him and her get married and live happily ever after like nothing happened. It would make about as much sense as this episode did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Quillon said:

There will have to be more reasons for Jon & Dany marriage not happening than "Jon can't bring himself to be with his aunt". Being related(while being Targs) wouldn't be that important in the matter of future of the realm. There is no reason not to make a shell marriage in these circumstances in the show. I expect there'll be third persons involved in the books at the least, Jon could be already married to Val maybe and wouldn't set her aside(paralleling Robb & Jeyne/Talisa) and there might not even be a romance arc between Jon & Dany.

While people are criticizing & upset about Dany's arc in the show, there is no character development for Jon to speak of at this point, even to be upset about, he's like just another soldier in Dany's army, another side character in Dany's story.

Except pushing her away for some reason and not even telling her. She was clearly in pain and needed help and in ten seconds maybe twenty he went from "i love you" to pulling away without really saying why. This was way out of character for jon. I think the book will be different and have dany do something bad but that in the grand scheme of things be put to the side like so much of what aegon and his sisters did when conquering westeros. But she won't be worse then aerys or do anything like this.

Edited by snow is the man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

She said she would rule by fear after Jon rebuffed her. I am ok with Jon killing her at this point. 

fear is one thing and all rulers have it to some degree. This was beyond that. Dany is already dead the show runners killed her in episode four. It is really a dany look alike. That's what I am going with because...Hey why not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×