They ruined Jaime once and for all

Snormund

Fuck redemption. Fuck character development. Fuck the first part of last episode where Jaime was seemingly getting a happy ending with Brienne. Nope back to Cersei because...well just because. 

Oh and also he can teleport. 

Jaime's redemption arc was rather short in the show, in the books he's set on the path right after Tywin's death, in the show... well since last season's ending. So I can understand why it ended this way for show Jaime but if it will be the same in the books, GRRM will have to do some convincing :P

ed: And I mean the literal path that quickened the figurative path to redemption :P otherwise he's been on the path since his hand cut off probably.

4 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Jaime was never a good person and was never getting redemption.

He was never a truly good person, that’s true. How many of the major characters actually are though? But he had good in him and his redemption story was one of my favorite things in the series. 

2 minutes ago, TeethGrinder said:

He will die with Cersei in the books too, probably after killing her. 

Sleeping with Brienne was just pointless and unnecessary for both characters. The better ending for those two was Jaime knighting her.

Since Jaime died with Cersei - I agree. He should have never slept with Brienne 

I had hopes for him, but some people are irredeemable. And I guess it was too much to hope for two complete redemption arcs (and Jaime still had further to go than Theon).

Sandor redeemed himself to an extent. He learned to care about someone/something other than himself and his revenge, and helped Arya to put aside her revenge. I actually like that better.

4 minutes ago, Snormund said:

He was never a truly good person, that’s true. How many of the major characters actually are though? But he had good in him and his redemption story was one of my favorite things in the series. 

I would argue that his redemption was relatively intact.  He never betrayed an oath to Catelyn Stark, he kept his oath to fight for the living, and he got the ending he and Cersei wanted: just the two of them.  They came into the world holding onto each other and went out of the world holding onto each other.

4 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I had hopes for him, but some people are irredeemable. And I guess it was too much to hope for two complete redemption arcs (and Jaime still had further to go than Theon).

Sandor redeemed himself to an extent. He learned to care about someone/something other than himself and his revenge, and helped Arya to put aside her revenge. I actually like that better.

Not to divert the topic, but you I cannot agree more on Sandor.  I believe he always wanted to save the Stark girls after he got to know them.

4 minutes ago, TyrionFan82 said:

I'm really disappointed too. I thought he said those things to Brienne to protect her. Turns out he was being honest, he never truly changed.

Yeah, what a load of shit that was. D+D are obsessed with Jaime and Cersei.  Maybe there’s something they’re not telling us :ack:

Jaime will always be the most controversial character in both books and show.

Since D&D decided to focus more on his relationship with Cersei, this is the ending we get.

Spoiler

Of course I am fairly confident that in the books his encounter with LS and the RW 0.2. will lead to a very different development. 

21 minutes ago, Danelle said:

Jaime will always be the most controversial character in both books and show.

Since D&D decided to focus more on his relationship with Cersei, this is the ending we get.

Hide contents

Of course I am fairly confident that in the books his encounter with LS and the RW 0.2. will lead to a very different development. 

Which one do you prefer... the movie, or the book?

I am disappointed by this too. First it took him forever to leave Cersei, then his whole trip to the North was just to make up with Brienne and then he went back south to save Cersei. After he left in Ep4, I thought he was going to kill Cersei because she was winning the war. I suppose I was mistaken. Jaime is one of my favorite characters on the show, so I am not happy about this ending. I'm sure it will happen in a different way in the books though.

4 hours ago, TeethGrinder said:

He will die with Cersei in the books too, probably after killing her.

Yes.

4 hours ago, TeethGrinder said:

Sleeping with Brienne was just pointless and unnecessary for both characters. The better ending for those two was Jaime knighting her.

I disagree. I've always thought that Jaime+Brienne were coming. And I've always thought that Brienne will get pregnant, Jaime will die and Brienne will live on with the kid.

@Nerevanin You're in good company, I was mistaken too. The fact is they literally erased seasons 3 to 8 (until episode 3) in 30 minutes. Jaime's redemption path started from the moment he lost his hand to save Brienne from being raped. It has been a steady path towards self-discovery and redemption until leaving Cersei for good. 

Only to hear: "Sorry pals, he's irredeemable, didn't you know? No? Well, the shows demands it. Nobody likes a redeemed hero."

I never really knew what bad writing was until tonight.

Do you want to make him die? Fine. Kill him off, but let him die a hero. He f***ing deserved that.

I'm truly speechless.

As G.R.R. Martin said every character has feelings, wishes desires same as a real person, is not good or evil.

this explain better 

Jaimie did what every man does, love a woman, more then that love his sister. So the bond is stronger. There is nothing wrong on Jaimie coming back to Cercei. Same as Danny rage.

The problem is not why character does wrong choices, is how D&D delivered those.

Archived