The title of the episode is 'The Bells'. This is what GRRM wrote back in Season 2 about bells.

The Map Guy

On 5/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

It's not so much about Dany clearly didn't trust Tyrion. It's more about the fact that she clearly didn't trust the bells.

Why would she? Cersei plays dirty trick after dirty trick only to follow it up with another dirty trick. And Daenerys has done nothing but suffer at the hands of each dirty trick.

Why would she trust the bells of surrender when Cersei hasn't personally surrendered.

Not trusting the bells would also to me signify not trusting Tyrion as he pretty much told her to lower her defence and do nothing once she heard the bells. 

Tyrion could have taken a gamble on the bells, Dany hears them lowers her defence and Cersei takes advantage of that situaiton. 

Exactly, it doesn't make sense for Dany to trust Cersei especially as Cersei hasn't surrendered or said I will bend the knee and accepted defeat. So until Cersei dies then KL has not been truly conquered. The people of KL were screaming for the bells but that doesn't mean Cersei had given up - as long as that remains ambiguous she remains a threat. It's either she dies or we see her surrender. 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

Interesting.

This makes D&D even more stupid.

The bells in King's Landing are used to herald a royal birth, a royal death or it is to act as a warhorn. Warhorns never signify surrender.

Exactly D&D can't expect us to forget or not pick up on such significant parts of the plot. 

That was a very important scene yet suddenly Tyrion is suggesting that the bells mean surrender, we've clearly witnessed that it doesn't. It highly undermines Davos and dismisses such a relevant quote from one of the major battles in the series. 

We saw what happened to Stannis and how prepared KL were for the invasion. One would assume due to what Davos said in regard to the bells that there was something coming from Cersei + Qyburn as a last resort to destroy Dany and her lowering her defences would have just aided with that.

Yet D&D managed to ruin both the quote, Cersei's demise and Dany's actions. It just doesn't make sense, if you're taking that route with Tyrion then you need something to happen because Dany is clearly not going to take his advice. So just leave it out then. 

Tyrion's advice on the bells has got to be one of the most ridiculous scenes in the whole series. 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:43 PM, Kyll.Ing. said:

One of? Who else is left? Lord Royce, I suppose? Other than him, the number of seniors has become pretty low. Almost the entire "adult" generation has been wiped out by this point.

Haha, well they should take what he has to say serious then - he's a veteran.

It's very true that if there isn't a new book anytime soon then our sanity will be highly questionable. 

• 7 months later...

From Dave and Dan's script of the last episode:

“Drogon lands out of sight beyond the top of the stairs. Jon climbs the stairway. When he nears the top he sees Dany, already dismounted, walking towards him. For a moment, Drogon’s unfolding wings spread behind her back, an unsettling image. Her Satanic Majesty’s Request.

No.

Daenerys driven mad by bells ... slaughtering innocent people? No.
Her Satanic Majesty's Request ... No.

It breaks my heart to see Emilia Clarke trying to defend D&D's destruction of Daenerys' character.

To Emilia and the rest of the crew ... if you guys only knew the true Dark Side of ASOIAF. Here, Daenerys is trying to save the city, and it is someone else that has gone mad killing everyone. And it ain't "Her Satanic Majesty's Request" by Rolling Stones.

Its "I'm gonna get you, Satan get you" ... and its rolling thunder.

Crank up your speakers and cue in the real bells of King's Landing - AC/DC - Hell's Bells

I'M A ROLLING THUNDER, A POURING RAIN
MY DRAGON'S WINGS' LIKE A HURRICANE
MY LIGHTNING'S FLASHING ACROSS THE SKY
EVERYONE HERE IN KING'S LANDING IS GONNA DIE

I WON'T TAKE NO PRISONERS, WON'T SPARE NO LIVES
NOBODY'S PUTTING UP A FIGHT
YOU GOT YOUR BELL, I'M GONNA TAKE YOU TO HELL
I'M GONNA GET YOU, SATAN GET YOU

HELL'S BELLS
YEAH, HELL'S BELLS
I GOT YOU RINGING HELL'S BELLS
MY TEMPERATURE'S HIGH, HELL'S BELLS