Jump to content
Quillon

Daenerys has always been a killer

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It would have been rather, messy, I imagine. Arya is practised at cutting throats, whereas Sansa would probably need several goes.

What a totally stupid plot line that was, don't remind me.  Sansa so stupid she considers killing her own sister, and has to be told by Bran in the cut scene, that she's being played [again] for a fool, all for 2 minutes of fake suspense, like anyone in the audience really thought Sansa would kill Arya, and then Arya Stark serving as the executioner, then to top it off, LF dying like a sniveling coward, after having done nothing at all of interest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

What a totally stupid plot line that was, don't remind me.  Sansa so stupid she considers killing her own sister, and has to be told by Bran in the cut scene, that she's being played [again] for a fool, all for 2 minutes of fake suspense, like anyone in the audience really thought Sansa would kill Arya, and then Arya Stark serving as the executioner, then to top it off, LF dying like a sniveling coward, after having done nothing at all of interest.  

I'm surprised they didn't have Sansa kill her to " subvert expectations"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I'm surprised they didn't have Sansa kill her to " subvert expectations"

They did one better, subverting our expectations by driving the show even further underground to the extent that it stopped working at the most basic narrative level and made any sensible viewer want to subvert their own eyes continuing to receive countless well-deserved accolades for their nuanced, intelligently-crafted, and sensitively-portrayed Emmy-winning drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SeanF said:

It would have been rather, messy, I imagine. Arya is practised at cutting throats, whereas Sansa would probably need several goes.

She’s not that practiced; only two of her kills before then were throat-slitting: Meryn Trant and Walder Frey. Most of her other kills are poison (Ghita and the Freys)  or stabbing (the five kills she had up to the end of Season 4).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Just read through this thread again after a couple months have passed. And a lot of the responses are...

This thread is a joke

Initially, I was able to buy into the burning of Kings Landing, as you can see upthread.  I expected there to be some political or military justification for it;  or even, she just snapped under the weight of grief and loss.  If the latter, I would have expected her to be filled with grief and remorse, afterwards. 

But, the explanation we got?  She's some combination of Adolf Hitler and Satan, who wants to conquer the world.  And, Tyrion retconning her anti-slavery campaign as evil.  And, we should always have realised that we were watching the rise to power of an evil tyrant, over Seven and a half seasons. Nah.  That's just insulting the viewers' intelligence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SeanF said:

Initially, I was able to buy into the burning of Kings Landing, as you can see upthread.  I expected there to be some political or military justification for it;  or even, she just snapped under the weight of grief and loss.  If the latter, I would have expected her to be filled with grief and remorse, afterwards. 

But, the explanation we got?  She's some combination of Adolf Hitler and Satan, who wants to conquer the world.  And, Tyrion retconning her anti-slavery campaign as evil.  And, we should always have realised that we were watching the rise to power of an evil tyrant, over Seven and a half seasons. Nah.  That's just insulting the viewers' intelligence.

Yeah I don't have no problem with King's Landing being destroyed. The city is broken beyond repair: Aegon is not and - more than likely never be - equipped to fix it, Kevan and Stannis were prevented from fixing it, Tywin, Robert and Cersei refused to fix it. And Euron (when he takes the Iron Throne) is going to make things worse. By the time the heroes finish things with the Others, King's Landing will be a Lovecraftian death trap.

If the theories concerning krakens and twisted mermen are true (I think they are) and the city becomes ground zero for a greyscale plague, the city may be filled with monsters. Setting King's Landing ablaze may be the best solution. Especially since Daenerys has personal experience with city-wide plagues.

But with what they went for...

It's a joke. Honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×