Show character arcs/deaths will vary in last books?

north of the wall

So I don't think I'm ok with how some characters have ended their arcs so far this season. Who's arcs/deaths do you think will be different in the books?

I'm ok with everyone who died and how in e3. But I'm really confused why we had Jaime redeem himself only to die in the arms of Cersei? Why do a 360 only a half(?) Season after his last 360? That seems like bad writing to me, and GRRM may find a way to tell the same story in a satisifying way, but i doubt it.

I like Sandor little speech to Arya, but then I think of how we left him in the books. Shouldn't he be past his revenge in books? If he is forced into a Cleganebowl in books, (because I doubt he will still be fueled by revenge after being the gravedigger) then it will be so tragic for him to have to die in order to win against the Mountain. But I think I'll get over it if it feels really heroic. As it was in show I was so angry at him. Sandor could have left with Arya, he could have chosen to be someone who isn't driven by hatred, instead he chooses to be the same angry person  he has been since he was a child. At least he got over his fear of fire?!

Dany's decent into madness has been hinted at enough in the books for me to have expected it, and I did, but the show format makes it feel forced.

Anyone's arc or death you see going differently in books and how/why?

Archived