This Is How It Was Supposed To Be [Spoilers]

Winter prince

9 hours ago, Hoo said:

That's a great point, and the point of the Tyrion scene at the bell.   He knew his betrayal lead to the destruction.

But who decided to ring the bells?  Tyrion's plan of Jamie reaching Cersei and convincing her never materialized, so how could he betray Daenerys if he had no impact on the decision to ring the bells?  Did I miss a clue?  Because I didn't see anywhere in the episode where it was clear who made the decision.

21 minutes ago, House Rootbreaker said:

But who decided to ring the bells?  Tyrion's plan of Jamie reaching Cersei and convincing her never materialized, so how could he betray Daenerys if he had no impact on the decision to ring the bells?  Did I miss a clue?  Because I didn't see anywhere in the episode where it was clear who made the decision.

Tyrion's plan was to ring the bell and open the gates before the battle., to spare the city from the battle.  The bell rang too late.

The bell signifies the way things are done. And she is the breaker of the chains, the breaker of the way things are done.

Just now, Hoo said:

Tyrion's plan was to ring the bell and open the gates before the battle., to spare the city from the battle.  The bell rang too late.

The bell signifies the way things are done. And she is the breaker of the chains, the breaker of the way things are done.

I know it was Tyrion's plan, but who decided to ring them?

Just now, House Rootbreaker said:

I know it was Tyrion's plan, but who decided to ring them?

You are right.  We don't know.  Presumption is whoever is in charge of the bell tower -- church, military, someone who ran in to cry uncle. 

3 minutes ago, Hoo said:

You are right.  We don't know.  Presumption is whoever is in charge of the bell tower -- church, military, someone who ran in to cry uncle. 

That was my assumption too, because if any of the major characters were responsible, there would have been some indication.  Which is my real point is that Tyrion couldn't have betrayed Daenerys in this way because he didn't have anything to do with the bells actually ringing

1 minute ago, House Rootbreaker said:

Which is my real point is that Tyrion couldn't have betrayed Daenerys in this way because he didn't have anything to do with the bells actually ringing

I think he did.  Aside from freeing Jamie there is another point.

Tyrion was more concerned about the city, about his family, than the queen's well being and best interest -- that was his politics, to go against the queen.  He was more about his way, the KL way of life, than breaking the chain of evil.  

The bell rang too late, they did not bend the knee.

16 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

No she didn't

Re-watch the first three episodes of season 1 and you'll see what I'm talking about.

You're right, it was more about her brother than Targaryens.  Season 1 Episode 4:

Ser Jorah Mormont: "Your brother Rhaegar was the last dragon. Viserys is less than the shadow of a snake."
Daenerys: "He is still the true king."
Jorah: "The truth now: do you want to see your brother sitting on the Iron Throne?"
Daenerys: "No. But the common people are waiting for him. Illyrio said they are sewing dragon banners and praying for his return."
Jorah: "The common people pray for rain, health and a summer that never ends. They don't care what games the high lords play."

7 minutes ago, Hoo said:

He is.  He was part of the chain of evil.  And so are the northerners.

The look on Jon's face when he lost control of them said it all.  He did not sign up for sacking a city that surrendered.

theres a lot of things. her brother brainwashing her and abuse, her two kids died, tw oclose freidns died, army is gone, vary and tyrion betrayed her, jon didnt love the wrong she wants him, people dont love her and jealous of jon getting more love. 

13 hours ago, SuperMario said:

Can you blame her? I think she was hoping this was her chance for an Emmy, and they gave her about 5 lines of dialogue all season. Not a chance for an Emmy for her. Lena was the only main character not to show up for the premiere.

shes a great actress and she did was look outside -_-

Archived