The Golden Company...LOL

Skills

So much hype and they were just a big group of redshirts.  I mean I think we all knew that they ultimately wouldn't help win the war, but their utter uselessness was laughable.   

Even the nonsensical "Daario returns to save the day " theories would have been better.

1 hour ago, Skills said:

So much hype and they were just a big group of redshirts.  I mean I think we all knew that they ultimately wouldn't help win the war, but their utter uselessness was laughable.   

Even the nonsensical "Daario returns to save the day " theories would have been better.

I for a second entertained the idea of Daario returning because I knew the GC would not live up to their name. We knew the GC would not be able to compete with the Unsullied and Dothraki but seeing what their reputation is about would have been accepted before they met their demise.

Seriously, what a load of nice for them to just burn holding their line.

1 hour ago, Skills said:

mean I think we all knew that they ultimately wouldn't help win the war, but their utter uselessness was laughable.   

Yes, against a dragon they are useless. That was to be expected if the dragon was used sensibly. 

After Rhaegal dying a bit to easily, Drogon now was a bit to powerful in the battle. But how Drogon was operated here made sense. I would have expected dragons to be exactly like this in battle.

The Golden Company was no sensible solution against dragons in the first place. It was a just Cersei's last option.

"The Golden Company".... during 2 seasons and nearly 2 years one of the beloved subjects of thousands of speculations and theories.

And now, in season 8, nothing but a tiny bubble in a glass of mineral water.

Nothing but a poor "Plop." - Thanks to D&D´s impressive narrative genius.

Well.... :-)

But after all that time in the show that was wasted for introducing the GC, for telling who they were, for debating how much they would cost, how the money could be generated, for tactic-talks about them etc., etc.

And then just "plop"?

Archived