Varys' Letters

darmody

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Please tell me the Spider got word out to Lords Tully and Arryn, and that Sweet Robin is coming to "make the Mad Queen fly" by knocking Danny off her dragon. 

I did wonder what the point of his missive was - I don't see any maester or ravens at Dragonstone. Was he going to email it?

Just now, House Cambodia said:

I did wonder what the point of his missive was - I don't see any maester or ravens at Dragonstone. Was he going to email it?

I thought he sent it with the girl.

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Please tell me the Spider got word out to Lords Tully and Arryn, and that Sweet Robin is coming to "make the Mad Queen fly" by knocking Danny off her dragon. 

He was using the little girl I believe as his 'bird' who then probably passed it onto somebody who could get the message out to the rest of Westeros. The motive behind was that even if Dany takes the IT they will refuse her with the argument that the 'true heir' is Jon or something along the lines of that.

3 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Oh right, his 'quite big now sparrow'. Who to though - surely Sansa has put the word about everywhere north of Dragonstone by now?

Perhaps Qyburn.  

Varys was unaware of Sansa.  He received info from Tyrion and knew Tyrion would not act on it, so he did.

13 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't see any maester or ravens at Dragonstone. Was he going to email it?

I believe there are maesters and ravens. We just don't see them. Having means of communication is so normal they do not have to show us every post man.

3 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

He sent the first letter to Dorne I hope, they have the fresh army and a reason to follow a Targaryen.

I have reservations about how Dorne might feel about Jon. You do recall that Rhaegar SET ASIDE and publicly snubbed Elia of Dorne in order to marry Lyanna? They don't seem like they would be all that eager to fall behind Jon after all that.

20 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I took it he was sending word to all the remaining houses one by one. he managed to send the first one off with the young girl but had to burn the second letter when he heard the unsullied approaching before his death.

Wonder why he took his jewellery off before hand ? 

I think there were more letters than just the two we saw.

The jewellery is an interesting question but I suppose that it was just suppose to tell to audience that Varys expects to be executed.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

The jewellery is an interesting question but I suppose that it was just suppose to tell to audience that Varys expects to be executed.

Yes and yes.

It is a good question and yes, it showed that he expected his execution.

I took it he was sending word to all the remaining houses one by one. he managed to send the first one off with the young girl but had to burn the second letter when he heard the unsullied approaching before his death.

Wonder why he took his jewellery off before hand ? 

Lol yeah I think he knew he was going to be executed but removing my jewellery wouldn't be a concern unless it was serving some purpose to remove it.... maybe he thought it might be sore when heated lol

I think there were more than two letters. When he was writing the first letter, there were a few rolled up messages in a pile next to him. I like while find out next week that he sent them out all over Westeros.

Archived