Varys' Letters

darmody

58 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

He did tell the girl something along the lines of "try again later", so she was obviously not just watching the crazy queen.

I've got it now. She girl was looking for the postman. So Gendry filled his sack with Varys' letters and is rowing around Westeros delivering them. I had wondered where he was during that episode.

8 hours ago, funpig said:

Dorne was beaten by Euron 

Urine only finished the Sand Snakes. Yara's fleet was on its way to pick up a Dornish army. It had not yet done so.

Dorne lost its Bastard Lady and her Skinemax all-girl street gang, but none of its regular troops, so far as we know.  

2 minutes ago, darmody said:

Urine only finished the Sand Snakes. Yara's fleet was on its way to pick up a Dornish army. It had not yet done so.

Dorne lost its Bastard Lady and her Skinemax all-girl street gang, but none of its regular troops, so far as we know.  

Yara only had a few ships and a few men - although as we know, that's not a problem in the show where already know that the Iron Born can build 100 ships in a few days with no trees to use!

7 hours ago, Wik said:

And with how poorly this show is written, we will never find out for sure. 

As far as the issue in question though, we ABSOLUTELY know that the Targs have allowed polygamy in their dynasty so it is VERY possible that Elia and her children were still legal and recognized and Lyanna and Jon/Aegon were as well.

Well, they're all dead but Jon now, so moot point. Dorne will still be pissed because Jon's daddy running off with his mommy still lead to the deaths of Elia and her children. 

12 hours ago, funpig said:

Was Vary trying to poison Daenerys through the little girl from the kitchen? 

That's what I thought, too. It would fit with Varys's modus operandi. The little girl said that Dany wouldn't eat, and Varys instructed her to try again later. Dany was a bit paranoid at this point, so it makes sense that she would have men in the kitchen to guard against poisoning. The real tell, however, was when Varys prompts the girl to recite "The greater the risk, the greater the reward." What greater risk than poisoning the queen?

58 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

That's what I thought, too. It would fit with Varys's modus operandi. The little girl said that Dany wouldn't eat, and Varys instructed her to try again later. Dany was a bit paranoid at this point, so it makes sense that she would have men in the kitchen to guard against poisoning. The real tell, however, was when Varys prompts the girl to recite "The greater the risk, the greater the reward." What greater risk than poisoning the queen?

Right, but did the writers simply forget all about that? Hard to see how it can get followed up in the next episode.

13 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Right, but did the writers simply forget all about that? Hard to see how it can get followed up in the next episode.

I don't think they forgot. It's more that it's irrelevant as a result of Varys's execution. Varys was a master schemer, always plotting from the shadows. He knew his days were numbered, and his attempt to poison Dany was his Hail Mary play to save the realm and his own skin in the bargain. It failed. There's no need for any follow up.

10 hours ago, darmody said:

Well, they're all dead but Jon now, so moot point. Dorne will still be pissed because Jon's daddy running off with his mommy still lead to the deaths of Elia and her children. 

Taking into account human nature, you are probably right, but lets be real, Rhaegar not being in King's Landing wasn't the cause of their death. Betrayal was (Lannisters) and Rhaegar had attempted to win a decisive battle at the Trident to prevent all of that, so it isn't like he just allowed them to be killed and didn't do anything. 

But your point is well taken, people in Dorne will likely still blame Rhaegar. 

1 hour ago, Lady Dayne said:

I don't think they forgot. It's more that it's irrelevant as a result of Varys's execution. Varys was a master schemer, always plotting from the shadows. He knew his days were numbered, and his attempt to poison Dany was his Hail Mary play to save the realm and his own skin in the bargain. It failed. There's no need for any follow up.

I re-watched it again and I admit I missed this the first time, he was trying to poison Dany for sure.  We just don't know for sure if any of those notes he was writing got out of Dragonstone.

1 hour ago, Lady Dayne said:

Unless he played "long term" (i.e one episode LOL) and had poisoned something and Dany takes it unaware and drops dead......how hilariously anti-climatic would that be 

14 minutes ago, House Rootbreaker said:

I re-watched it again and I admit I missed this the first time, he was trying to poison Dany for sure.  We just don't know for sure if any of those notes he was writing got out of Dragonstone.

I'm willing to wager that at least one got out, possibly more. But, I don't see it having any direct impact on the immediate outcome of things, as there is no one left with the power to tip the scales in Jon's favor. I see it as part of his plan to have Jon accepted as the rightful heir in the event his poisoning scheme succeeds.

1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

It would be a better ending then what we are about to get. 

It would be the first time we have had episode to episode cohesion this season.....LOL

If you care to expound, what do you think the end will be?

17 minutes ago, Wik said:

It would be the first time we have had episode to episode cohesion this season.....LOL

If you care to expound, what do you think the end will be?

Jon kills Dany. He gives Sansa the middle finger and goes find Ghost and Tormund. Tyrion becomes king or someone else does. 

13 hours ago, TyrionFan82 said:

I thought there were more as well. Now where they were going I'm guessing....Riverrun, the Vale w/that idiot Sweet Robin, Dorne….who's left in The Reach?

Lord Samwell Tarly of Horn Hill, surely soon to be confirmed as Lord Paramount of the Reach and Warden Of The South.

Betcha he backs Jon. ;)

18 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon kills Dany. He gives Sansa the middle finger and goes find Ghost and Tormund. Tyrion becomes king or someone else does. 

Alot of theories people have end up with Tyrion on the throne, that surprises me tbh. 

42 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

If I'm watching for any reason now, it's to see how it all plays out. I'm guessing that Dany will be holding some sort of court, where her people will be airing their grievances with what went down at KL, and she'll probably be executing traitors. I'm not sure how her death will happen, because it looked like her armies were still intact in the previews.

Maybe she still trusts Jon, and he uses that trust to get close to her? If it's Arya doing the deed, I'm going to be more than a little disappointed.

A bigger (literally) question is what happens to Drogon? 

Archived