Who will kill Daenerys? NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

LadyOlenna

3 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Yes, I think storywise, Arya's had her big moment and it's Jon's turn. As I said, this episode has set Arya up for something dramatic in the finale, but then they set up the Night King, and Golden Company for major interventions and they turned out to be damp squibs. Jon has actually done naff all this series, so surely he must do something to justify his existence!

Exactly. So far he's been repeating "Dany is my queen" and "I don't want the throne" but he hasn't really done anything. He's definitely going to do something big in the finale.

12 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Did we? (genuine question) I thought it was a random character. Although there were some little girls shown in KL during the attack, I kinda doubt that it was the same girl. What would a servant from Dragonstone do in KL?

I'm pretty sure it was the same girl, but reading the thread about Varys' letters, I realised maybe she was just there to bring out the letters he wrote. It was weird, though. Varys asked her if Daenerys did eat, and then said that the girl works in the kitchens. That's why I surmised that she had the task to poison her food. Varys made it clear to Tyrion in episode 4 that he was planning to get Daenerys killed.

9 hours ago, Kajjo said:

To the title question: My bets are on Jon now. That would be epic and dramatic. 

Yes, that's what I hope. And I hope it will be a spectacular death.

I wonder what will be the sweet part of the bittersweet ending...

7 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

To the title question: My bets are on Jon now. That would be epic and dramatic. 

I guess for him being a kinslayer is better than being a queenslayer if not both, although that would depend on which of the two he values more. He can just take up his right to the throne which would mean she's no longer queen and just kill her as his aunty.

Either way surely there would be consequences if he killed Dany, he would have to also kill Grey Worm. Plus the Unsullied and Dothraki would surely kill Jon or Arya after depending on who does? I don't see why they wouldn't unless they destroy the Unsullied and the Dothraki first.

That would be the bitter part for sure Dany dying at the hands of Jon. I wouldn't like to see Arya do it she's already killed the NK - doesn't mean she can't do both but somebody else would be better as it's going down that route.

1 minute ago, LadyOlenna said:

I'm pretty sure it was the same girl, but reading the thread about Varys' letters, I realised maybe she was just there to bring out the letters he wrote. It was weird, though. Varys asked her if Daenerys did eat, and then said that the girl works in the kitchens. That's why I surmised that she had the task to poison her food. Varys made it clear to Tyrion in episode 4 that he was planning to get Daenerys killed.

Yeah, Varys definitely wanted the girl to poison Dany. That's pretty much clear from the scene. But I really don't think that a kitchen girl / sparrow sailed away from Dragonstone just to be burnt in KL. Varys knew Dany will attack the city, no need to send his agent there to be killed.

1 minute ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Either way surely there would be consequences if he killed Dany, he would have to also kill Grey Worm

tbh I was disappointed that Jon didn't kill Grey Worm when he (GW) provoked the attacked on Lannister soldiers.

10 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

tbh I was disappointed that Jon didn't kill Grey Worm when he (GW) provoked the attacked on Lannister soldiers.

Imo in a 1v1 Grey Worm would absolutely destroy Jon with ease, wouldn't have minded seeing that fight either. Then Arya could have been the one to avenge his death or something. 

Was just saying in another thread that if Dany were to die, it would make sense to be at the hands of TPTWP or something along those lines otherwise it would be ridiculous for a simple Dany is killed situation. She is in a state of rage, has a dragon and her army she's unstoppable, Jon and his army don't stand a change. Unless Jon or somebody similar gains her trust and betrays her or TPTWP rises to stop her. The NK situation has been resolved and she would be the last threat to Westeros.

After the buildup and considering their relationship it seems like it has to be Jon. He said to Sam (if i remember correctly): he had people executed for lesser crimes. Not saying there will be necessarily an execution but by the rules of this world it seems likely. Before the last two episodes i was thinking of ways how this could work out with Daenerys surviving because of her conversation with Jon about pregnancy (not that i expected them to end as a happy couple): i thought she might be leaving Westeros after winning the throne and realising the price for it was too high so she would turn it down, or that she might get exiled - probably too optimistic :). Now after she attacked the whole city without reason/mercy there seems hardly to be any other outcome. Jon may want to spare her but because he's being expected to be a "just king" and after the route Daenerys has taken he probable can't. Then Arya jumps out of the shadows and stabs her (sorry, couldn't help it).

1 hour ago, LadyOlenna said:

I meant she had no reason to kill the innocents. She could have killed Cersei and taken the throne, the city had surrendered. But there are various topics about that already... what I'd like to discuss is the matter of her imminent death. Is it possible she will be poisoned by the little kid? I mean, D&D could have introduced this character to show that Varys was trying to get Daenerys killed, but the fact that the kid was shown many times during the battle makes me wonder.

She does not consider the Smallfolk of Kings Landing to be innocent.  She made that plain when she compared their failure to rise against Cersei with the Meereenese.

1 hour ago, Wsc48 said:

What she did would be the equivalent of the US using the atom bombs on Japan after they surrendered. "Mad" is being kind. Mass murderer is more accurate. 

She's not mad.  As you say, she's a mass murderer, who has concluded that ruling by fear is the way to go.

28 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Imo in a 1v1 Grey Worm would absolutely destroy Jon with ease, wouldn't have minded seeing that fight either. Then Arya could have been the one to avenge his death or something. 

But... Jon has a thick plot armor! He would destroy GW!

;)

Seriously though, I didn't expect a fair 1v1 combat. More like Jon killing him from behind, just like young Ned killed Arthur Dayne (was that him?) in Bran's vision. When there was the scene of GW stopping his killing spree was a second and staring somewhere, I was totally expecting Longclaw to come through his chest/head/neck/whatever.

21 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

But... Jon has a thick plot armor! He would destroy GW!

;)

Seriously though, I didn't expect a fair 1v1 combat. More like Jon killing him from behind, just like young Ned killed Arthur Dayne (was that him?) in Bran's vision. When there was the scene of GW stopping his killing spree was a second and staring somewhere, I was totally expecting Longclaw to come through his chest/head/neck/whatever.

Haha, GW will find an opening.

Nah for sure, it wouldn't be a 1v1 it would definitely be backstabbing plus among all the madness he could have probably gotten away with it or been killed by another Unsullied as they stand by each other. Howland Reed stabbed Sir Arthur Dayne in the back, difference is Sir Arthur had taken them all on his own, thought he had killed them all other than Ned which he finally disarmed just to be stabbed in the back. If it's going to be a similar situation then could we consider it to be a dishonourable kill by Jon?

Longclaw will probably be involved in an important kill soon enough haha.

12 minutes ago, the hound of sansa said:

The real question is who is gonna kill Drogon?!

Indeed.

As I am sure since Arya killed the NK that she is made the savior of the world in every way, I think that she is going to kill Dany as well.

And Jon will mount poor Drogon and ride him far, far away from KL into the North. And high above the beautiful waterfall we saw in ep. 1, Jon will kill Drogon by stabbing Longclaw into his neck.

And they both crash to death on the ice.

Archived