Who will kill Daenerys? NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

LadyOlenna

So Dany finally embraced her madness and burned thousands of innocents alive, for no apparent reason. We see the consequences on the smallfolk mainly from Arya's and Jon's POV. Jon is clearly shocked, he realises what Daenerys really is, and probably also that she must be stopped. Arya does too. So they're both candidates to do the deed. I thought one of them would eventually kill her even prior to this episode.

In the beginning of the episode, though, we see Varys speaking with a little girl about Dany. Apparently, the kid has been given some kind of dangerous mission, most likely to poison Dany's food. We are shown that girl again quite a few times during the battle. It seems like she survived the massacre, and now she has a really good reason to hate Daenerys.

So, who will be the killer? As I said in the title, I want this thread to be spoiler free. I'm not interested in discussing leaks, I just want to know what do you guys think.

No reason? No, she had a reason;

- She was extremely angry to Cersei due to execution missande

- Varys's betrayal effected her

- Jon is not having sex with her because now he knows she is his aunt.

She had all the reason to be angry to destroy that useless KL.

And yeah, she totally lost it due to these reasons and now she is mad. 

I meant she had no reason to kill the innocents. She could have killed Cersei and taken the throne, the city had surrendered. But there are various topics about that already... what I'd like to discuss is the matter of her imminent death. Is it possible she will be poisoned by the little kid? I mean, D&D could have introduced this character to show that Varys was trying to get Daenerys killed, but the fact that the kid was shown many times during the battle makes me wonder.

Just now, the tower of albion said:

How can you answer this question without spoilers let me give a go. Missande .

I'm not asking for the answer, just speculation. Following your reasoning this forum shouldn't exist ;)

I think Arya may kill her. Does daenerys have green eyes, Bc if so her prophet could actually be referring to Daenerys and not Cersei, either way, she has seen what damage she done and she knows the truth about Jon, she would have no problem taking her down

Until today I was pretty convinced it would be Jon, but this episode seemed to be very strongly setting up Arya to do the deed. It would be quite wrong for Vary's little bird, merely an extra to be the one - UNLESS she turns out to be Ja-quen, the Faceless Man.

But my money's still on Jon.

5 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

I think Arya may kill her. Does daenerys have green eyes, Bc if so her prophet could actually be referring to Daenerys and not Cersei, either way, she has seen what damage she done and she knows the truth about Jon, she would have no problem taking her down

Purple, in the book. In the show, blue.

I think there is a reason why we've wasted at least 10 minutes on Arya running away left and right in KL, seeing that it was a slaughter. And now Arya knows Jon should be the king, she will kill the real ''Queen''. 

I tend to think it will be Arya as well. I just wish she hadn't killed the Night King, if she kills Daenerys too it will probably be a bit too much. I'd prefer if Jon kills her - even if out of context, that would be kind of a Nissa Nissa moment.

I think if she is killed, it will be Arya. Or will it be Jon, or will she live? I don't  understand the whole prophecy but Arya is tied to it as much as Dany. This may seem dumb but will Dany die or give up her conquest and retreat? Dany fulfilled the prophecy by hatching dragons from stones, Arya fulfilled something with the enormous help of the lord of light by killing nk. Jon is the prince that was promised. Does he stab Dany in the heart like Nissa Nissa? 

1 hour ago, LadyOlenna said:

In the beginning of the episode, though, we see Varys speaking with a little girl about Dany. Apparently, the kid has been given some kind of dangerous mission, most likely to poison Dany's food. We are shown that girl again quite a few times during the battle. It seems like she survived the massacre, and now she has a really good reason to hate Daenerys.

Did we? (genuine question) I thought it was a random character. Although there were some little girls shown in KL during the attack, I kinda doubt that it was the same girl. What would a servant from Dragonstone do in KL?

25 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

I think there is a reason why we've wasted at least 10 minutes on Arya running away left and right in KL, seeing that it was a slaughter. And now Arya knows Jon should be the king, she will kill the real ''Queen''. 

Tbh I thought about it too. Arya wanted to kill Queen called Cersei but she'll kill a Queen called Dany. My money is still on Jon though.

41 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

And yeah, she totally lost it due to these reasons and now she is mad. 

What she did would be the equivalent of the US using the atom bombs on Japan after they surrendered. "Mad" is being kind. Mass murderer is more accurate. 

3 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Jon. Arya already killed the NK, so she has her big kill. Jon has no one so far. It will be tragic when he kills his love to save the world and she dies in her arms just like Ygritte.

Yes, I think storywise, Arya's had her big moment and it's Jon's turn. As I said, this episode has set Arya up for something dramatic in the finale, but then they set up the Night King, and Golden Company for major interventions and they turned out to be damp squibs. Jon has actually done naff all this series, so surely he must do something to justify his existence!

1 hour ago, LadyOlenna said:

We see the consequences on the smallfolk mainly from Arya's and Jon's POV. Jon is clearly shocked, he realises what Daenerys really is, and probably also that she must be stopped.

Yes, that's it. Well done from the show. They really do a nice job portraying both side, Daenerys "burning them all" and Jon and Arya witnessing the destruction and the suffering it causes on a very individual level. A woman with child we know somehow, people holding their dear ones in their arms, burning. Great scenes and well done.

I really do not see why so many people rave and moan about it. This episode was executed nicely.

(Sorry for two consecutive posts, just happened.)

^ Yes. Another nice touch that no one's commented on - like the Battle of the Bastards showing the claustrophobia of battles where you just can't turn or move independently, at KL Arya was caught up in a stampede and couldn't move where she wanted. She was just carried along with the mass of bodies, fell and got stomped on until the lady grabbed her, then got carried away in the wrong direction again. The director did a good job in showing the chaos and horror, this time of civilian casualties in a war.

Archived