Mourning Dany

Rhae_Valarie

5 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

No this was crappy writing that made no sense and it wasn't GRRM.

It does and did make sense. It's probably the one piece of characterization in all of Season 8 that's fairly well-developed, in the moment you could see and feel and understand why Dany might finally go berserk.

Is it going to be better in the books? Of course, pretty much everything is better in the books.

But that only means it's going to be more, not less painful.

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Not good with names, Who is paul atreides?

The main character of Dune. He basically starts as a standard hero then develops into a dark messiah as his followers perform atrocities in his name across the galaxy. 

2 minutes ago, draft0 said:

It does and did make sense. It's probably the one piece of characterization in all of Season 8 that's fairly well-developed, in the moment you could see and feel and understand why Dany might finally go berserk.

Is it going to be better in the books? Of course, pretty much everything is better in the books.

But that only means it's going to be more, not less painful.

Given that there are only two books left and it seems like she just about has the dothraki I think she will have the fight with westeros at the end of book six or early in book seven.

And no it didn't make sense.

Her going to the red keep and killing cersei and all her human shields even after the bells ring would have made sense. This is just "LOOK SHE WAS THE VILLAIN AND SHE'S EVIL AND LET'S SHOW IT IN THE MOST SHOCKING WAY POSSIBLE" No what she did made no sense. If she had burned the red keep and then been unapolegetic about it that could have made sense. This is just stupid and out of character. And yeah I expect GRRM to have her do something horrible. Maybe even burn down KL but it will be because of a battle not her going insane and deciding to kill everyone for fun. She hit the red keep last! How does that make sense.

15 hours ago, Hoo said:

I don't see her as mad.  She got the King's Landing.  That was always the goal.  Yes she wanted to be the breaker of the chains, but the people did not. 

In the end, the goal was accomplished.  The throne is hers.

The suspense in the last episode is with the Starks, how they will react to the new queen, and whether the rest of Westeros will reject Dany because of lineage.  

Are you mad yourself? How the hell is mass murdering innocent civilians when the enemy has surrendered not mad? 

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Her going to the red keep and killing cersei and all her human shields even after the bells ring would have made sense. This is just "LOOK SHE WAS THE VILLAIN AND SHE'S EVIL AND LET'S SHOW IT IN THE MOST SHOCKING WAY POSSIBLE" No what she did made no sense. If she had burned the red keep and then been unapolegetic about it that could have made sense. This is just stupid and out of character. And yeah I expect GRRM to have her do something horrible. Maybe even burn down KL but it will be because of a battle not her going insane and deciding to kill everyone for fun. She hit the red keep last! How does that make sense.

Logically, you're right, of course, Dany could just fly to the Red Keep. In the moment and in the heat of battle and grief and rage she snapped. "There is a beast in every man." "Dragons plant no trees." "I am the blood of the dragon--I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood."

Just now, GOTFanatic said:

Are you mad yourself? How the hell is mass murdering innocent civilians when the enemy has surrendered not mad? 

They are not innocent civilians to her.  They did not properly "surrender." They were running to Cersei.  They weren't running for the gates.

1 minute ago, draft0 said:

Logically, you're right, of course, Dany could just fly to the Red Keep. In the moment and in the heat of battle and grief and rage she snapped. "There is a beast in every man." "Dragons plant no trees." "I am the blood of the dragon--I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood."

She was looking at the keep! She turned away from it and then hit it as an after thought

1 minute ago, Hoo said:

They are not innocent civilians to her.  They did not properly "surrender." They were running to Cersei.  They weren't running for the gates.

They are not innocent to her because she is illogical / mad. Civilians do not "surrender", armies / lords do, you don't even understand what you are talking about. They were running for their lives you loon, dear lord. :shocked:

They are not innocent to her because she is illogical / mad. Civilians do not "surrender", armies / lords do, you don't even understand what you are talking about. They were running for their lives you loon, dear lord. :shocked:

That's right.  Civilians do not surrender so stop including them in the enemy surrendering.

Civilians run to their ruler for protection.  The civilians in KL ran to Cersei, they were foes.  

19 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

The episode made no sense. Her actions were so out of character it is insane. I am not gonna write it again but I said they should have had her burn down the red keep if they wanted to have her go mad queen. Instead they went with "let's be shocking" Doesn't matter that it is ridiculous let's just make her worse then aerys because...shock!

The only people who can make sense of it is if you hated dany and always thought she was insane and evil despite her being a flawed character who tries to help people.  She had never shown signs of this. She could be brutal but this was just ...shatter her character and run it over with a steam roller. Screw the writers of this. Gonna pretend dany died in episode four and this was a look alike. I really don't see GRRM turning her like this in the books.

I think she will do something bad and maybe KL gets burnt down but it will be in a battle not in a massacre like this.

I wont' disagree, the writing is DREADFUL, at best. 

I actually really liked Dany, so, no, I am not a Dany hater. 

Still, I think the biggest flaw we see is due to the time constraints of the show and them trying to jam too much shit into a small window of time. They did a poor job. They left obvious plot holes. 

But I do believe, the over arching point of "Dany goes Targ" on KL is pretty believable. People may not like it, may not want it, but it is 100% in her heritage and I think we will see with the books, the descent is slower and more methodical, incident after incident, affront after affront that builds up and finally she just snaps. They do a PISS POOR job of conveying the gradual transition and so the show makes it seem like she goes on a 3 day bender, but, even with the awful writing, you can see how GRRM could write this to be a more gradual decline that we can recognize as a result from"Targ blood".   

Everyone that gets so sensitive about her character.....geez there are 2 more books that are supposed to show us (certainly much better than the show!) about the slippery slope of Targ-sanity. 

13 minutes ago, Hoo said:

5 minutes ago, Hoo said:

That's right.  Civilians do not surrender so stop including them in the enemy surrendering.

Civilians run to their ruler for protection.  The civilians in KL ran to Cersei, they were foes.  

Holy smokes, you're bat-shit crazy....LOL wow!!!

8 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Oh.....my.........dog....... :bang:

The enemy surrendering means you don't have to kill the civilians, how hard is that to comprehend? No they didn't run to Cersei, they ran all over the place and hid because a fucking dragon was burning shit down genius. Civilians run for their lives when they panic, and try to get away from whatever is going to hurt / kill them or their loves ones, obviously. They don't surrender, they don't fight, and they aren't a threat to you, that's why they are called civilians. How the hell would Cersei protect them?

The enemy surrendering means you don't have to kill the civilians, how hard is that to comprehend? 

In what show?!

"King's" Landing belongs to her.  Her father ruled only about 20 years ago there.  Red Keep is her family property!

These civilians ran the wrong way.

Apparently I'm an idiot, because I never got mad queen vibe from the books. She always wanted to do the right thing, questioned herself, struggled to find balance, lost her temper occasionally, made mistakes. Those are all perfectly normal stress reactions.

6 minutes ago, Hoo said:

In what show?!

"King's" Landing belongs to her.  Her father ruled only about 20 years ago there.  Red Keep is her family property!

These civilians ran the wrong way.

In this show, the bells were rung and the enemy surrendered, so she won the war. They only ran after she started burning them alive. Please tell me what they hell you would do in such a situation? 

She already had King's Landing when the bell's rung, it was over, she went mad after that. Imagine if the allies bombed every German city to the ground after the fall of Hitler just cause they were ticked, would that not be mad?

28 minutes ago, GOTFanatic said:

Psychotic break? But not permanent insanity? Idk. 

9 minutes ago, GOTFanatic said:

The enemy surrendering means you don't have to kill the civilians, how hard is that to comprehend? No they didn't run to Cersei, they ran all over the place and hid because a fucking dragon was burning shit down genius. Civilians run for their lives when they panic, and try to get away from whatever is going to hurt / kill them or their loves ones, obviously. They don't surrender, they don't fight, and they aren't a threat to you, that's why they are called civilians. How the hell would Cersei protect them?

Honestly. The fact that civilians were coming into the city instead of getting as far away as possible is already illogical asf. If anything they'd all be running to one of the other regions where there won't be a huge battle and fighting. Or at least I would be if I was in their position. They have to know if Dany is coming that she WILL be going straight for KL and not touching the other parts of Westeros. Why would any civilian wanna be anywhere NEAR that battle when a dragon is involved??

The set up of her massacring the innocent made no sense.

1 minute ago, GOTFanatic said:

In this show, the bells were rung and the enemy surrendered, so she won the war. They only ran after she started burning them alive. Please tell me what they hell you would do in such a situation? 

She already had King's Landing when the bell's rung, it was over, she went mad after that. 

You do not decide what the goal is.  The goal was to burn down King's Landing.  She had said several time, when the ruler and people of the city do not want to submit, she will burn them down. 

The people of the city chose to run to their military.  They ran the wrong way.  They were foes.

Archived