Mourning Dany

Rhae_Valarie

49 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Entitlement minded - uh, I think most heirs to major thrones in Earth history, at least, have been "entitlement minded." Are you kidding me--or just falling back on a familiar rhetorical crutch that doesn't really mean anything? Also, this whole bit about bringing herself up from slavery pretty much by her own wit, being the only person to bring dragons back to life and having that take place under clearly magical circumstances, you're recalling those? So despite the claim to the throne, the life story, the dragons, the followers, all while a teen-ager, she should marry some nice local lord and settle down and have kids?

Self absorbed - No. That's absurd. She's laser-focused on the manifestations of her acts into the world. She lives comfortably but she has dedicated her wealth to "civic" affairs, not her own luxury. 

Megalomaniac - Granted, she seeks power, but what's your evidence for the "maniac" portion of that word? None I'm aware of.

Feel free to not answer if what you have in mind is more ill-tempered mocking. . . .

I was going to to answer you point by point but then deleted it when I realized what I’m dealing with here. . . Agree to disagree. 

You’re killing me... :lmao:

There is no question she lost her shit. Undeniable. Now there will be consequences. I hate the story goes there, but it does. Psychotic break. That's what I'm going with. And I think she no longer sees the mistakes she's making. She tried to be good queen Dany. She wanted to be the hero, beloved by the people she thought to help. That didn't work out. So.... 

2 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Honestly. The fact that civilians were coming into the city instead of getting as far away as possible is already illogical asf. If anything they'd all be running to one of the other regions where there won't be a huge battle and fighting. Or at least I would be if I was in their position. They have to know if Dany is coming that she WILL be going straight for KL and not touching the other parts of Westeros. Why would any civilian wanna be anywhere NEAR that battle when a dragon is involved??

This whole thing is a clusterfuck.

:agree:Yes, actually that was the stupidest aspect to begin with, more of Dumb & Dumbers fantastic writing. In the Battle of Blackwater Cersei ordered some deserters executed, I would expect people to be trying to get away here also. 

I liked her. I felt pity for her. But now that is done. She is what D&D and GRRM made her. She's their character to mold as they please. So, she is now the mad queen. It is what it is. I didn't like it either, but it's done. I'm over it.

5 minutes ago, Hoo said:

You do not decide what the goal is.  The goal was to burn down King's Landing.  She had said several time, when the ruler and people of the city do not want to submit, she will burn them down. 

The people of the city chose to run to their military.  They ran the wrong way.  They were foes.

Troll, crazy, stupid, I can't tell.....

No shit Sherlock, because I'm not a noble blonde haired dragon riding girl about to mass murder innocents for no fucking reason. Yeah she said that, because she is mad. How does her stating it before hand not make her mad? How about this, I am going to kill my neighbor for no reason, there now it won't be madness when I do it.

They chose to run because they were getting torched you son of Einstein, what fucking difference does it matter which way they ran? They wouldn't have to run if it wasn't for some lich on a lizard destroying everything in site. Their military was destroyed first thing off the bat. 

1 minute ago, GOTFanatic said:

Yeah she said that, because she is mad.

Then she was mad all along.  She had said that repeatedly, she will burn down cities.

I do not think that is madness.  It's the way of Targaryens.  They have dragons, and they enforce their rule with dragons.

By the way, just a little good news for all you really upset, die hard Dany fans: none of this is real. She isn’t real and no one really died.

Just a PSA because it sounds like some of you guys are about to hang yourselves in the old pump house over this...

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

The episode made no sense. Her actions were so out of character it is insane. I am not gonna write it again but I said they should have had her burn down the red keep if they wanted to have her go mad queen. Instead they went with "let's be shocking" Doesn't matter that it is ridiculous let's just make her worse then aerys because...shock!

The only people who can make sense of it is if you hated dany and always thought she was insane and evil despite her being a flawed character who tries to help people.  She had never shown signs of this. She could be brutal but this was just ...shatter her character and run it over with a steam roller. Screw the writers of this. Gonna pretend dany died in episode four and this was a look alike. I really don't see GRRM turning her like this in the books.

I think she will do something bad and maybe KL gets burnt down but it will be in a battle not in a massacre like this.

If she only burnt down the Red Keep then there would be no one for their precious Arya to try and kill. I know that they are going to kill Dany in the last episode but I just hope she brings Arya down with her.

20 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Then she was mad all along.  She had said that repeatedly, she will burn down cities.

I do not think that is madness.  It's the way of Targaryens.  They have dragons, and they enforce their rule with dragons.

She was mad all along...

I don't think that is madness...

Burning down cities for the sake of doing so isn't mad...

Do you think before you type? How can a person contradict themselves in the next sentence without realizing, and then continue to make illogical statements. It doesn't matter what it's the way of, madness is madness. If being a serial killer runs in the family the police don't well golly gee shucks, he comes from a long line, not crazy at all, lets let him go.

Just now, UnViserion said:

I doubt very much that it goes down this way in the books.

Sadly I think it does. Martin told Dumb & Dumber the ending and major plot points. The Night King, and Arya's killing of him, is of course made the hell up, but this is probably how it goes down in the books. Now undoubtedly the books will make her descent into madness more believable, but I still don't think it makes for good story. I mean imagine if Luke joined the Sith and replaced his father Darth Vader instead of transcending the trend and putting an end to them. 

16 hours ago, theladyinspring said:

Now I'm not interested in finishing the books. All I'll have is dread. I'm sure it will be much better written and more tragic and everything but for me it would be a waste of time. I'm just really not interested in the fate of the people of Westeros if it ends like this and the war with the army of the dead has no impact other than to make Dany feel more unloved. Again, not saying GRRM can't tell this story in a well-told way, but I just have no interest in reading this happen to this character, no matter how "earned". 

Thank you. 

I can understand people mourning a loved character, and thus being subjective on some of the things.

But I don't understand the rest, that is willing to drink all the shit story telling because it was probably decided by the oh great worthy of worship GRRM.

Whoever writes a story, if it is bad/has flaws, then it shall be said. 

Saying that the arcs make sense and fit and were foreshadowed is being totally subjective in an anti-hero way. 

2 minutes ago, GOTFanatic said:

:bang: They are civilians........

Civilians can be enemies and bandits.  In this case they were.  They were not on her side.

Civilians voted for Hitler. Civilians destroyed Syria and cause global humanitarian catastrophe.  Civilians can be terrorist, a complete evil. They can be enemies.  Just because they are civilians does not mean they free from responsibility.

3 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Civilians can be enemies and bandits.  In this case they were.  They were not on her side.

Civilians voted for Hitler. Civilians destroyed Syria and cause global humanitarian catastrophe.  Civilians can be terrorist, a complete evil. They can be enemies.  Just because they are civilians does not mean they free from responsibility.

People don't seem to realize that.
Still, women and children and elderly shouldn't be victims...

4 minutes ago, GOTFanatic said:

Sadly I think it does. Martin told Dumb & Dumber the ending and major plot points. The Night King, and Arya's killing of him, is of course made the hell up, but this is probably how it goes down in the books. Now undoubtedly the books will make her descent into madness more believable, but I still don't think it makes for good story. I mean imagine if Luke joined the Sith and replaced his father Darth Vader instead of transcending the trend and putting an end to them. 

I just don’t see it. You might be right.

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if the ending is almost entirely different from book to show. So much shit that has happened the last three seasons won’t happen at all in the books. I know Martin gave them broad strokes, but if everything between point A and point B is shit (and/or different), it changes the way it’ll be received at the endpoint. I would probably receive this outcome much better had it not been written so poorly. I wouldn’t even call myself a Dany fan, books or show. Even if it goes down the same way in the books, I would only hope the journey to that point is coherent and makes it feel earned. This just didn't to me.

1 minute ago, Hoo said:

Umm no, being civilians under the rule of the enemy does not make you an enemy. Civilians voted for Hitler, so what, they believed in false hopes of a great German Empire. Syria was destroyed by the US and it allies funding armed rebels and terrorists there, as well as drone striking and bombing into oblivion. Civilians can be terrorists, doesn't mean they all are. The people Dany killed were not terrorists, and certainly not a threat to anyone. 

I was hoping you were trolling or something but you are clearly a psychopathic nutcase. The only thing I can say to people like you who have a total lack empathy is, I hope you wind up on the end of what you believe is justified. 

22 minutes ago, GOTFanatic said:

Now undoubtedly the books will make her descent into madness more believable, but I still don't think it makes for good story. I mean imagine if Luke joined the Sith and replaced his father Darth Vader instead of transcending the trend and putting an end to them. 

Skimmed over this part of your post the first time. I agree with you fully here.

Archived