Jump to content
Kajjo

Daenerys: Analysis of psychology and foreshadowing

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, divica said:

But she snaps because the city is surrending to her! 

She doesn't snap because of the surrender, but because of suddenly realising that despite her winning the battle, she has gained nothing. She will never be loved. Jon will never consummate their mutal love. 

All she fight for her entire life, all that has driven her the entire life, all what defined her entire life is mor or less taken from her. She achieved being the Queen of the Iron Throne --- For what? They will never love, respect, hail her. She has not even the birthright anymore. Her whole life taken from her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Claiming the book will be different in such a fundamental part and attacking GRRM's storyline. 

This arc is great and the storyline phantastic. Like it or not.

I didn't see anyone claiming this, here.

What's the point of debatting if you have rocket science then ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can’t believe so many people are discounting how many times Daeny has shown restraint, compassion, and intelligence in her story. It’s shocking to me! (Am I doing this right?)

Daeny has only used her dragons to attack military targets and political targets, she has never been bloodthirsty to the point that she would willingly slaughter helpless civilians. There are many tangible instances of proof to substantiate this. She actually chains her dragons away at one point for an accidental kill an of a civilian.

The showrunners are so desperate to show her as crazy that they made her roast innocent civilians running away, in a battle she had already won. I will never accept that after the numerous times Daeny has shown proof of her moral character.  

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tallTale said:

I can’t believe so many people are discounting how many times Daeny has shown restraint, compassion, and intelligence in her story. It’s shocking to me ! ( did I do that right?)

she has only shown no mercy to her military targets, she has never been blood thirsty to the point that she would willingly slaughter help less civilians. She actually chains her dragons away at one point for an accidental kill. 

The show runners are so desperate to show her as crazy that they made her roast innocent civilians running away, in a battle she had already won. I will never accept that after the numerous times Daeny has shown her character. 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

I didn't see anyone claiming this, here.

Read the other threads. It's a hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Targaryen Peas said:

The show runners are so desperate to show her as crazy that they made her roast innocent civilians running away, in a battle she had already won. I will never accept that after the numerous times Daeny has shown her character. 

It is actually quite opposite. The books are constantly hinting she holds a mad evil tyrant inside but the show kept skipping those parts which made the ending less believabile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nudu said:

It is actually quite opposite. The books are constantly hinting she holds a mad evil tyrant inside but the show kept skipping those parts which made the ending less believabile. 

We are not discussing the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Analysis: The origin of her delusions

Daenerys wanted to love her people and she wanted the people to love her. But the people did not love her. They didn't wait to be saved by her, didn't appreciate her desire to conquer King's Landing.

All this babble from her childhood about Westeros waiting for a Targaryen ruler was idiotic nonsense of Viserys who brainwashed young Daenerys into believing this delusions. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tallTale said:

We are not discussing the books.

What I'm saying is show runners didn't force her to look crazy. They forced her to look like an angel which resulted making the twist less believabile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Read the other threads. It's a hype.

I did see that in other threads.

 

Well, we already know GRRM's style etc. And it always made sense, even if it hurts.

But now, what's the point of building a character on 5/6 books to destroy it totally.

Isn't it too sadistic? It's not Shakespearean, for sure. Is this the finality of the books, or his views? 

No matter how hard you try to be better, and different, your legacy will always get you back? 

It's a bit too dark, for me. And dark, just to be dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Analysis: The origin of her delusions

Daenerys wanted to love her people and she wanted the people to love her. But the people did not love her. They didn't wait to be saved by her, didn't appreciate her desire to conquer King's Landing.

All this babble from her childhood about Westeros waiting for a Targaryen ruler was idiotic nonsense of Viserys who brainwashed young Daenerys into believing this delusions. 

that’s a moot point. How does she know the population won’t serve or love her? They were trapped in kL by Cersei. By burning innocents she gave them no choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Targaryen Peas said:

But now, what's the point of building a character on 5/6 books to destroy it totally.

That's exactly what character arcs are about. Daenerys is not destroyed, she just reacted in the believable Targaryen-way of snapping. She snapped because of hopelessness. All her practical goals of life achieved, but emotionally void. 

2 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Isn't it too sadistic?

We have so many interesting characters and Daenerys arc start at a young girl being brainwashed by Viserys into acutally believing the Westeros people is waiting for a new Targaryen ruler. Daenerys fell for this idiotic nonsense. It made no sense in season 1 to believe Westerosi would love and hail a targaryen usurper, but it made an interesting and believable storyline for Daenerys to follow this dream. 

Of course Westeros does not wait for an Targaryen usurper. Of course Westerosi will not love and hail her. Who did dream about it? Viserys and Daenerys yes, but watchers? They are unsensible Disney-hurt people then. No one in his right mind dreamed of Daenerys being Queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tallTale said:

that’s a moot point. How does she know the population won’t serve or love her? They were trapped in kL by Cersei. By burning innocents she gave them no choice. 

You’re missing the point. By definition madness does not rationally account for or act upon available information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

You’re missing the point. By definition madness does not rationally account for or act upon available information. 

This,

Madness is not about reason. Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Forlong the Fat said:

You’re missing the point. By definition madness does not rationally account for or act upon available information. 

And you’re discounting all the times Daeny has shown restraint and compassion for the innocent.

Edited by tallTale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tallTale said:

And you’re discounting all the times Daeny has shown restraint and compassion for the innocent.

No, we are not. We know Daenerys did.

She snapped because of hoplessness after achieving her goal and still having nothing. She did not wanted to simply conquer King's Landing but to be queen respected and loved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Of course Westeros does not wait for an Targaryen usurper. Of course Westerosi will not love and hail her. Who did dream about it? Viserys and Daenerys yes, but watchers? They are unsensible Disney-hurt people then. No one in his right mind dreamed of Daenerys being Queen. 

If the watcher doesn't believe then, the writer is doing a poor job. 

Add to that all the prophecies that tend to put her in a good spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Targaryen Peas said:

If the watcher doesn't believe then, the writer is doing a poor job. 

A bit maybe, but here several watchers are too much fanboys and dreamers.

The show was excellent and doing a mild foreshadowing and no one in his right mind expected Daenerys to be on the Iron Throne in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, tallTale said:

And you’re discounting all the times Daeny has shown restraint and compassion for the innocent.

She wasn’t insane then. 

Edited by Forlong the Fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

No, we are not. We know Daenerys did.

She snapped because of hoplessness after achieving her goal and still having nothing. She did not wanted to simply conquer King's Landing but to be queen respected and loved. 

Her goal was the throne. She didn’t obsess over love.

she has only snapped against military targets. She has no reason to hate the civilians in KL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×