Tyrion's Face was Priceless

Erkan12

He was like ''what the fuck I did, Varys was right, I was a fool to believe in Dany...'' Tyrion must be at the edge of committing suicide because of his own stupidity, I think he must be feeling extremely guilty for betraying Varys and foolishly believing in Dany.

Now what can he do? Not only that Dany was suspicious about him before, and now he released Jaime and now he will face the consequences of his betrayal.

In the end, Tyrion failed miserably.

I feel sorry for Tyrion in a similar way that I ended up feeling sorry for Cersei, at the end.  They made their beds and now they have to lie in the them...but I still have compassion.  I think what Tyrion said about Jaime/Cersei applies to himself - he always knew what Daenerys was and what she was capable of, but he loved her (and chose to believe in her) anyway.  He knew the truth of her and was a fool for her anyway. 

3 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Does anyone feels sorry for Tyrion? :dunno:

No.
I'm not defending Daenerys-the-plot-device, but if Tyrion hadn't advised her to stay clear of KL back in S7 simply for the sake of his siblings, (or for that matter, if Daenerys had simply executed him back in S5), we would've had a much better (read: logical) ending and hundreds of thousands of people would still be alive.

7 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

He was like ''what the fuck I did, Varys was right, I was a fool to believe in Dany...'' Tyrion must be at the edge of committing suicide because of his own stupidity, I think he must be feeling extremely guilty for betraying Varys and foolishly believing in Dany.

Now what can he do? Not only that Dany was suspicious about him before, and now he released Jaime and now he will face the consequences of his betrayal.

He should as it was his own stupidity that led her to that breaking point in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

No.
I'm not defending Daenerys-the-plot-device, but if Tyrion hadn't advised her to stay clear of KL back in S7 simply for the sake of his siblings, (or for that matter, if Daenerys had simply executed him back in S5), we would've had a much better (read: logical) ending and hundreds of thousands of people would still be alive.

Indeed. The three dragons could have smashed the Red Keep with minimal civilian losses. Cersei would probably either have died or been forced to surrender.

1 minute ago, Zumbs said:

Indeed. The three dragons could have smashed the Red Keep with minimal civilian losses. Cersei would probably either have died or been forced to surrender.

And Daeneys wouldn't had endured all the losses and feelings of betrayal that (presumable) caused her to snap in this very episode, and ultimately maybe she would've never been pushed to the brink at all. We'll never know.

Daenerys might have gone insane and killed hundred of thousands of people, but there are many characters who played a part in her ultimate downfall.

It's a rather bitter fact: writers can't write characters much smarter than they are themselves. GRRM wrote characters like Tyrion and Littlefinger well because he's an intelligent man. But as soon as the show left the books behind all the characters in the show with an IQ above 120 or so became regular jackoffs because the writers just couldn't handle it.

5 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

No.

What is that of asking Cersei to surrender? Of freeing Jaime and telling him to rescue Cersei? Since when are these 2 lions that stupid?

No he shouldn't have said anything to Varys. He should have let the Targs handle their family business on their own but he should have kept pushing for the marriage. It was his idea to make a marriage alliance nephew or not Jon was still a good marriage alliance because of his ties to House Stark and the North. 

8 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Does anyone feel sorry for Tyrion? :dunno:

He failed in that he genuinely wanted what was good for the realm, but believed in the wrong person to bring it. 

He isn't innocent at this point, but if we can't differentiate between what he was expecting and what happened, what he was striving for and the actual result (which he had NO control over) then we are being oblivious to the situation.

52 minutes ago, Zumbs said:

I actually disagree. The Night King would be headed towards Kings Landing with millions more turned to his side. She would have had to deal with him at some point. And at that point millions would have lost their lives to the NK.

2 minutes ago, Varys_was_right said:

I actually disagree. The Night King would be headed towards Kings Landing with millions more turned to his side. She would have had to deal with him at some point. And at that point millions would have lost their lives to the NK.

It would have taken 2 seconds to scream "Darcarys" into Cersei's general direction at the Dragon Pit. After that Daenerys could have still flown up to distract the NK until Super Spider Assassin Arya kills him.

4 minutes ago, Varys_was_right said:

How so? Daenerys was sitting in Dragonstone with three dragons for months, even before Jon Snow came to visit. She could have destroyed the Red Keep in an afternoon.

1 minute ago, Nudu said:

How's that Tyrion's fault? You can't blame him for Dany being a genocidal maniac.

I'm not blaming him for Daenerys' actions this episode, those are all on her - but ultimately Tyrions actions (or rather, advice) added up the unfortunate(horrible) cycle of events that would lead us to what we witnessed today. (As did those of several other characters.)

Back in S7, Tyrion admitted to willfully giving Daenerys bad advice so that she wouldn't attack Kings Landing (more specifially: The Red Keep) outright and accidentally kill his siblings. Back then, Daenerys had no personal vendetta against Cersei, nor had she been pushed to the brink of madness.
She wanted to simply attack the Red Keep (and not the entire of the city), which would've resulted in very few casualties and a quick victory - but he talked her out of it, mainly out of concern for his siblings. 

12 minutes ago, Zumbs said:

How so? Daenerys was sitting in Dragonstone with three dragons for months, even before Jon Snow came to visit. She could have destroyed the Red Keep in an afternoon.

After having attained the Iron Throne, which pretty much drives everything Dany does. Are we to assume she'd leave to go North to fight the NK? Why not assume she would just wait for him to come to her knowing that she's holed up with her 3 dragons and has already attained her lifelong goal.

Archived