Tyrion's Face was Priceless

Erkan12

7 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

No.
I'm not defending Daenerys-the-plot-device, but if Tyrion hadn't advised her to stay clear of KL back in S7 simply for the sake of his siblings, (or for that matter, if Daenerys had simply executed him back in S5), we would've had a much better (read: logical) ending and hundreds of thousands of people would still be alive.

sadly this is true. He went from smart and clever to idiotic and clumsy and for some reason trusts his sister now.

4 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

But the problem is that the show didn't have to leave the books behind.

There was plenty of material in the fourth and fifth books that they could have adapted and expanded. They chose not to.

There are a number of problems with that: not every cast wants to do the same show for 15 years, especially not when several of the GoT actors are now finding really plush roles in film. A show like GoT is a massive time commitment, eating up time when they could be taking on new projects and growing their brand. Their contracts were not infinite, and so they would ask for more money as the seasons went on. Either the budget would balloon or they would be forced to kill off characters they would otherwise want to keep.

5 hours ago, darmody said:

I must assume D&D are at least of above-average intelligence. The Game of Thrones audience is maybe more intelligent than your average t.v. show, but it's unlikely they're smarter than people capable of writing and producing a t.v. show. Even ones who mess it up.  

There was a reason I used 120 IQ instead of 100.

1 hour ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

I don't think that, since the loot train raid, his heart's been in it. As Joff's Hand, he relished his role as the savior of King's Landing and House Lannister. After his trial and escape, he seethed with a desire for vengeance on both, but when he saw what that actually meant, the wind was knocked out of his sails, and all he's wanted since was a peaceful conclusion for everyone, which was never in the cards.

Sure, his hearts been in it, but he's given Dany some terrible advice, especially when it concerns the Lannisters. He also made some terrible decisions as Hand of the King like shipping Myrcella off to Dorne. For someone who is supposed to be one of the more intelligent characters in the show he doesn't showcase that intelligence very often anymore. I preferred Tyrion when he was cynical and conniving, the pre-HOQ Tyrion.

14 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

There are a number of problems with that: not every cast wants to do the same show for 15 years, especially not when several of the GoT actors are now finding really plush roles in film. A show like GoT is a massive time commitment, eating up time when they could be taking on new projects and growing their brand. Their contracts were not infinite, and so they would ask for more money as the seasons went on. Either the budget would balloon or they would be forced to kill off characters they would otherwise want to keep.

That's an excuse. There's no reason that these last two seasons could have been 10 episodes long

On 5/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Red Dragon10 said:

I feel sorry for Tyrion in a similar way that I ended up feeling sorry for Cersei, at the end.  They made their beds and now they have to lie in the them...but I still have compassion.  I think what Tyrion said about Jaime/Cersei applies to himself - he always knew what Daenerys was and what she was capable of, but he loved her (and chose to believe in her) anyway.  He knew the truth of her and was a fool for her anyway. 

This.  :agree: 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:21 AM, Erkan12 said:

He was like ''what the fuck I did, Varys was right, I was a fool to believe in Dany...'' Tyrion must be at the edge of committing suicide because of his own stupidity, I think he must be feeling extremely guilty for betraying Varys and foolishly believing in Dany.

Now what can he do? Not only that Dany was suspicious about him before, and now he released Jaime and now he will face the consequences of his betrayal.

In the end, Tyrion failed miserably.

I feel both Tyrion and Jaime were made to look foolish just to give cersei a poetic death.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Red Dragon10 said:

I feel sorry for Tyrion in a similar way that I ended up feeling sorry for Cersei, at the end.  They made their beds and now they have to lie in the them...but I still have compassion.  I think what Tyrion said about Jaime/Cersei applies to himself - he always knew what Daenerys was and what she was capable of, but he loved her (and chose to believe in her) anyway.  He knew the truth of her and was a fool for her anyway. 

Who says you can't have compassion for stupid people? I do, all the time.

I feel sorry for what they did to Tyrion's character. He was my favorite character because he was so intelligent and clever. It seems he was at his best when he was drinking ans whoring. The perils of self betterment indeed!

On 5/13/2019 at 1:04 PM, Damon_Tor said:

It's a rather bitter fact: writers can't write characters much smarter than they are themselves. GRRM wrote characters like Tyrion and Littlefinger well because he's an intelligent man. But as soon as the show left the books behind all the characters in the show with an IQ above 120 or so became regular jackoffs because the writers just couldn't handle it.

^^ Oh the hard bitter truth right here....

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that D&D butchered all the characters that are smarter than them. XD

Archived