Bran seen it all?

martianmister

3 minutes ago, Ranger Kragin said:

He knew Jaime wouldn't have an "afterwards".

I think Bran's comment was specifically referencing the battle with the WW, and not foreshadowing Jaime's demise. Jaime did have an "afterwards," and he would have one still if he had stayed with Brienne.

18 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

I think Bran's comment was specifically referencing the battle with the WW, and not foreshadowing Jaime's demise. Jaime did have an "afterwards," and he would have one still if he had stayed with Brienne.

Bran can see the future sometimes, cannot he? That's why he gave Arya the dagger. That's why he said Theon: "You're a good man". I think he saw Jaime's demise.

I'm freaking done with Bran and the nature of his abilities changing every episode. First we thought he sees everything, past, present, future. Then we were told he sees only the past. Now it's evident he sees the future too. F**k off.

1 hour ago, martianmister said:

Did Bran know what's going to happen to King's Landing?

I think it's pretty clear he didn't only know what was going to happen, but he planned it. It's the only reason he could have to push Jon as Rhaegar's son when he did. He wanted Dany to lose her mind.

4 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Bran can see the future sometimes, cannot he? That's why he gave Arya the dagger. That's why he said Theon: "You're a good man". I think he saw Jaime's demise.

The show hints that he can see possible futures, e.g. he tells Arya that he is happy that she came North rather that going South to kill Cersei. By nudging here and there, he can make some futures more or less likely.

1 hour ago, Damon_Tor said:

I think it's pretty clear he didn't only know what was going to happen, but he planned it. It's the only reason he could have to push Jon as Rhaegar's son when he did. He wanted Dany to lose her mind.

... and I think it is reasonable to guess that he had seen this particular future and nudged to that end. Which implies that he has a motivation. But if he is no longer Bran, does he have any allegiance to house Stark? Is his design to get a Stark on the Iron Throne, or to crush the Iron Throne once and for all, ensuring that the Seven Kingdoms is never united again? Or something even more sinister, given that he sacrificed the people of Kings Landing for his grand scheme?

19 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Bran can see the future sometimes, cannot he?

Bran can only use greensight for the past. He says that quite clearly. In addition, he had some visions showing flashes of future. We have to distinguish visions and greensight.

That's why he gave Arya the dagger.

I don't think so. I believe he knows the past importance of the dagger and it might have quite a lot of a past, even being pictured in the book Samwell read. So Bran probably knows that this dagger is something special. I don't think he sees its future destiny.

I think he saw Jaime's demise.

I am sure he did not. His "afterwards" comment was just about the Great War and what they would do to Jaime. They did nothing to him. They are all happy the had won the war.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ranger Kragin said:

It's like Spider-Man's spider sense, then. Sometimes it tingles way beforehand because "he has a bad feeling about this," and other times it doesn't activate at all.

1 hour ago, Jarl Halstein said:

It's like Spider-Man's spider sense, then. Sometimes it tingles way beforehand because "he has a bad feeling about this," and other times it doesn't activate at all.

It seems D&D made him this way. It’s not clear when the “foreseeing” mode is on or off.

Archived