What is left to be told?

Simon Tam

7 hours ago, hallam said:

Danny isn't big on trials of any type.

I get the feeling we are headed for Greyworm getting stuck with the pointy end after his actions in the massacre of the golden company after their surrender though. 

No the golden company was wiped out by the dragon with their leading getting killed as he ran. Greyworm did murder the lannister soldiers though. However to be fair he only did so after fake dany went insane and started burning down KL. So he was really just doing what she did. Not saying it was right but just pointing it out. 

Yes I am aware that "We were just following orders" is not something that has a good history I am just pointing out how he had stopped until fake dany started burning everything again after the bell rang.

All I know is if we have to sit through one more trial my eyes will roll to the back of my head.

Dany:  "You stand accused of treason.  How do you plead to these charges...... ME?"

Expectations: Subverted

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

Greyworm did murder the lannister soldiers though. However to be fair he only did so after fake dany went insane and started burning down KL.

She didn't go insane. That's denying her agency and absolving her of war crimes. Let's do neither of those things.

She snapped, lost her cool, or let her temper run like wildfire. 

Or maybe with a bitter heart and a lapse in judgement she suddenly but quite deliberately decided that this was the only way to lock down her reign by making the city fear her wrath when she saw how it was that the Lannisters surrendered not to her but to her lover and rival Jon, the rightful heir to the Targaryens' Iron Throne, who would always be more popular than her.

That doesn't make her insane, but it certainly doesn't make her in the right, either. She is guilty of mass murder of an entire and very large city of innocents. 

People can become so angry that they snap and just out of the blue kill someone. It isn't self-defence and it isn't accidental manslaughter, but neither is it premeditated murder either. Those people don't get to cop the insanity plea, and we should not pretend that Dany deserves that excuse. 

What, though, is the penalty for second-degree genocide? And who will be her jury, judge, and executioner if found guilty as she so clearly seems to be at this juncture?

Archived