Drogon's demise

Assuming that the Northern forces led by Jon plus his supporters (assuming Varys' letters were sent) gather to overthrow Dany after what she did to KL, how can they possibly eliminate Drogon? As we saw from EP5, Mad Dany on a dragon's back is virtually hard to kill. They will need to get her alone and make sure she can't use Drogon to lay waste on the Northern + Vale army. 

Drogon let Jon touch him... I feel like Drogon and Jon will do something to cement Jon's Targarean-ness but ultimately Drogon won't get to stick around for all of the reasons demonstrated in Meereen and the histories of the dragon pit.

17 minutes ago, Maegelle The Good said:

You don't have to kill the dragon to eliminate the rider, perhaps someone else could ride Drogon after Dany is gone. 

That is true but in battle, a dragon without a rider is incredibly dangerous. They kill indiscriminately, there is a precedent in the books. During the second battle of Tumbleton, Hugh Hammer was killed before he could get to Vermithor. Suddenly without a rider, the dragon started killing everyone in his path, without considering who's friend and who's foe.

So if anyone plans on killing Daenerys, they better not do it in battle.

Bronn will shoot Drogon with his crossbow and a strong badass stark sister will kill Daenerys. Jon will be king, Sansa will be queen, Tyrion will be king, Arya will be Captain Westeros and Martha will major in women’s studies at the citadel. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Bronn will shoot Drogon with his crossbow and a strong badass stark sister will kill Daenerys. Jon will be king, Sansa will be queen, Tyrion will be king, Arya will be Captain Westeros and Martha will major in women’s studies at the citadel. 

Why bother watching after reading this? 

Plot completed, nice and neat :lmao:

10 hours ago, imp-ty said:

Drogon let Jon touch him... I feel like Drogon and Jon will do something to cement Jon's Targarean-ness but ultimately Drogon won't get to stick around for all of the reasons demonstrated in Meereen and the histories of the dragon pit.

Something more than having ridden Rhaegal? Isn't that enough?

If its something fast, perhaps Qyburns little birds will poison him. Otherwise I see Bran warging into him to take him to the Great North maybe, or if the Isle of Faces were to appear Bran has Drogon take him there, and Drogon could be a sacrifice of some kind

6 hours ago, House Balstroko said:

I hope Drogon turns against Dany and realizes that what he did was wrong. I know, wishful thinking on my part.

Drogon is the catalyst for Daenerys cruelty and lust for hunger, not the other way around. 
He might just as well turn on himself...

I think Daenerys dies, but not so certain about Drogon. If he survives he will either be Jon's dragon (since dragons obviously can have many riders riding them in turn), or just fly off to the Dothraki sea or wherever.

Then again it would make sense to rid the world of magic at the end of the story, which would necessitate Drogon's death as well as Bran's. We have seen a couple of ways a dragon can be killed though, so I am not entirely sure Drogon is that invincible either.

21 hours ago, Ser Graymax said:

My take.  Dany and the dragon are linked by magic.  When the dragon dies so does she.

I was thinking about this too. It's like the NK and the wights / WWs.

Or Jon sneaks to him with his men (I suppose that Drogon kinda trusts Jon) and chops his head off.

Or Drogon flies away to live on that little mountain near Meereen.

Archived