Cache's of Wildfire

Jayc

3 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

I honestly thought those were wildfire cache that Aerys had back then and had been lost/forgotten, not Cersei expecting to blow the city.

Same.  when all hell was breaking loose, and if she had actually planted those, I assumed she would have mentioned that "they'll never get past the caches."  Just like she kept saying that the keep would never be breached, etc.

1 minute ago, King Perkis said:

Same.  when all hell was breaking loose, and if she had actually planted those, I assumed she would have mentioned that "they'll never get past the caches."  Just like she kept saying that the keep would never be breached, etc.

This.

I still don’t know why they didn’t have Cersei use wildfire when her troops were losing. The writers showed that they had WF on their mind with this episode

1 minute ago, Kaguya said:

I still don’t know why they didn’t have Cersei use wildfire when her troops were losing. The writers showed that they had WF on their mind with this episode

Agreed.  I thought the people moved into the keep  for 2 reasons: 1) to protect from dragonfire, and/or 2) if that failed to literally kill everyone and help burn it down so there was nothing.

As shown over and over again, it was clear that she only viewed the people as tools for her gain.  Whether it was to get the Tyrells to give more of THEIR food to the capitol or manipulated them into believing Dany was murdering people for no reason (I'm referring to when Dany first landed) in order to stoke fear. So, I am not sure why she didn't actually place those all over the city.

Also, really disappointed that Qyburn hadn't mentioned this at a minimum to her prior.  I mean he was all for the prior use of it.

1 minute ago, King Perkis said:

Agreed.  I thought the people moved into the keep  for 2 reasons: 1) to protect from dragonfire, and/or 2) if that failed to literally kill everyone and help burn it down so there was nothing.

As shown over and over again, it was clear that she only viewed the people as tools for her gain.  Whether it was to get the Tyrells to give more of THEIR food to the capitol or manipulated them into believing Dany was murdering people for no reason (I'm referring to when Dany first landed) in order to stoke fear. So, I am not sure why she didn't actually place those all over the city.

Also, really disappointed that Qyburn hadn't mentioned this at a minimum to her prior.  I mean he was all for the prior use of it.

We both know the reason. They wanted to make Dany seem much scarier and more dominant. This meant that Cersei needed to be completely nerfed, even if it made no sense. 

It's leftovers from Aerys's time.

But I think the main idea was showing that what would happen if Aerys actually succeeded. Instead of him, his daughter did it.  :D

1 hour ago, The Unborn said:

I honestly thought those were wildfire cache that Aerys had back then and had been lost/forgotten, not Cersei expecting to blow the city.

Agree. There were way too few of the green fire puffs for them to be part of a plan.

1 hour ago, The Unborn said:

Or maybe show Cersei put all of her faith in those scorpions and the Iron Fleet and didn't see the need for wildfire (in any case it wouldn't change anything since Dany burned everything herself anyway)

Maybe Cersei didn't have more of the wildfire? She used a lot of it to blow up the Sept. IIRC the creation of wildfire is a secret. Maybe she had no one to create more of the liquid for her.

7 hours ago, The Unborn said:

That's what I thought as well. I think it was there as a link back to Aerys and his plans for the city.

Obviously people didn't find all of the caches of the stuff and the dragon fire set it off eventually. I think show Cersei used what she thought was all of the wildfire to destroy the Great Sept; she probably had no idea there was more hidden out there.

The story of KL has sort of come full circle from being saved from one mad Targaryen who wanted to burn it only to be burned to the ground by another decades later.

The proportion of the green wildfire was only a small fraction of the devastation caused by Daenerys and Drogon.  I think the point was to show that Daenerys has turned out to be much worse than her Mad King father.

7 hours ago, The Unborn said:

ditto.

9 hours ago, Jayc said:

It looks like Dany saved her army from the wildfire spread throughout the city. 

The first time Cersi underestimated someone else's craziness

Is that right? What the heck was Cersei's plan for getting out? Didn't seem like she wanted to go down with the ships. 

Cersei clearly expected Urine and the Golden Company to keep Danny's ground and sea forces out, and for the scorpions to kill her dragon. 

Archived