Potential foreshadowing of how the politics might wrap up in the series?

Kobb

Specifically in this shot: https://imgur.com/a/2PUQSE0

This shot in the episode tonight immediately  jumped out to me when I saw it. I know -- the way things have been going don't suggest any kind of crazy theories will actually pan out, but this seemed so intentional. They lingered on this shot and specifically showed it from above for seconds, so I feel like it might mean something.

What might it suggest? That the Seven Kingdoms will end up divided into 2(?) kingdoms at the end of the show. Looking closely at where the line divides Westeros in two seems really intentional. Some huge POIs are right above the line, which cracks in a curved yet smooth line. For instance, we have Lannisport/The Rock and Riverrun just above.

If this is intentional, it might suggest a new layout for the Kingdoms. The Riverlands and the Westerlands are cut pretty much in half. The "Northern" kingdom would have pieces of those two, the Vale, the Iron Islands, and the North. It'd really make sense to have Sansa ruling this kingdom, given her mother was a Tully (Riverrun), her alliegance with Robyn Arryn/Yohn Royce (The Vale), her being a Stark (The North), and her relationship with Theon (Iron Islands.

The Southern kingdom, on the other hand, gets the complete realms of The Reach, The Stormlands, The Crownlands, as well as parts of The Riverlands and The Westerlands. Dorne I assume would remain independent. Who'd rule this kingdom is more unclear to me -- I doubt Dany would give it up if she sits the throne, but it's certainly possible to see Jon ruling here. Is this Ice (Sansa Stark) and Fire (Aegon Targaryen)? IDK!

Archived