So what happens to Drogon?

Kimbono

So first of all i believe Dany has to / will die next Episode, by Arya, Jon or someone.

Under this assumption, what will happen with Drogon? I see some options:

• He gets killed aswell (but why and by whom?)
  • He bonds with someone new but expect Jon, who could it be?
  • He just "flies off" and is one of the open ends we get like Tormund, Sam ect.

2 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I heard scrambled dragon eggs are very tasty and he will need a snack to make it North to see the good boi. 

Preferably with Dornish peppers. Good boi deserves the happiest ending.

I was hoping someone would have started a thread about this!

Anyway, assuming Dany dies (and I think it's safe to say she will), I can't see them letting Drogon fly loose. Could Jon claim him? Is it possible for a dragon rider to switch to another once it's last rider died? I'm really not sure about that. Besides, after the destruction of King's Landing, the world will be a little bit safer if Drogon is dead. I hope they find a way to end his existence. 

2 minutes ago, Ellimental said:

Anyway, assuming Dany dies (and I think it's safe to say she will), I can't see them letting Drogon fly loose. Could Jon claim him? Is it possible for a dragon rider to switch to another once it's last rider died? I'm really not sure about that. Besides, after the destruction of King's Landing, the world will be a little bit safer if Drogon is dead. I hope they find a way to end his existence. 

Hah, no problem!

" The lifespan of a dragon is significantly longer than the lifespan of its rider. When the rider of a dragon dies, that dragon can bond with a new rider." from the asoiaf-Wiki. But I can't see anyone bonding with Drogon. (Specially not in one episode and his "mother" just being killed).

Really cheese would be a compilation of "what happens to the survivors" from Bran and in the end we get Drogon (who flew off bfore) with 3 new eggs.

Danu uses him to set Jon on fire but he now has Targ fire resistance  (ignoring being burnt prior - why not). He walks through the flames, plunges Dany and then kills Drogon with Lightbringer because the prophesies are all mixed up. He then takes the throne with sister Sansa and moves it to Winterfell because why not, hes already smashed his aunt, may as well smash his sister.

Tormund becomes hand of the king and Ghost gets some recognition for being a good dog.

May as well at this point, will probably be a better ending than we get tbf.

15 minutes ago, Ellimental said:

Yes a dragon can get another rider. The black dread which was aegon the conqeurors dragon then went to maegor.

If Daenerys is openly killed by any of the players, there would be a pissed off uncontrollable drogon and a vengeul army of dothraki and unsullied who could cause even more carnage in retribution.

My theory is that Bran wargs into drogon, who then "accidentally" dismounts Daenerys who falls to her death in front of her armies.  Bran/Drogon than flies into something pointy and dies.  The armies are heartbroken but have no reason for vengence or retribution.  Jon sends them back to Essos.  Jon abdicates and cousin Sansa and husband Tyrion rule.

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

Yes a dragon can get another rider. The black dread which was aegon the conqeurors dragon then went to maegor.

Right. And I should have been clearer in my first post: can a dragon-rider who has already bonded to one dragon (Rhaegal) then move onto another dragon, whose rider has since died? But as Kimbono said, there's probably no time for this in one episode anyway.

Also, the thing that confused me: in the show, it seems, anyone can ride a dragon? Hence why no one realised Jon was a Targ the minute they saw him on Rhaegal. They definitely stretched dragonlore there.

1 minute ago, Ellimental said:

Right. And I should have been clearer in my first post: can a dragon-rider who has already bonded to one dragon (Rhaegal) then move onto another dragon, whose rider has since died? But as Kimbono said, there's probably no time for this in one episode anyway.

Also, the thing that confused me: in the show, it seems, anyone can ride a dragon? Hence why no one realised Jon was a Targ the minute they saw him on Rhaegal. They definitely stretched dragonlore there.

Well to be fair the same can be said about the books. I mean during the dance of dragons (the war) we hear that one side told people that if you can fly a dragon and join us your become a lord and get a dragon. And some people got it.

Archived