So what happens to Drogon?

Kimbono

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Yes a dragon can get another rider. The black dread which was aegon the conqeurors dragon then went to maegor.

A dragon can have many riders but a rider can only ride one dragon. A dragon won’t accept a rider that has ever sat another dragon. <———in the books that is. I can see Jon riding Drogon in the show right at the end 

3 minutes ago, maiden of tarth said:

A dragon can have many riders but a rider can only ride one dragon. A dragon won’t accept a rider that has ever sat another dragon. <———in the books that is. I can see Jon riding Drogon in the show right at the end 

He flies away from the sh** show that is westeros and goes somewhere warm. I think they said dragons don't like the cold so taking drogon north of the wall wouldn't work or maybe it would since this show makes up so much...sigh.

I think it would be fitting for them to offer jon the throne and him laugh as he flies away on drogon.

The writers dislike Jon so much that they let Arya kill the NK - who was hated by the audience - and win the war against the WW which was Jon´s war.

After watching ep 5 I am terribly sure that D&D will make Jon kill the last dragon - who like Viserion and Rhaegal was so much loved by the audience. This would explain Kit Harington´s tears after the reading. And his "Disappointing!" when asked to describe the finale in one word.

Why do they do this? Just to prove us: They can.

What if Arya kills Drogon (or attempts to) with those knife throwing skills we saw + spear gendry made her, and that is what spurs Daenerys to want to kill her, which in turn causes Jon to kill her, to save Arya? :( (All of which breaks my heart). 

14 hours ago, Ellimental said:

Also, the thing that confused me: in the show, it seems, anyone can ride a dragon? Hence why no one realised Jon was a Targ the minute they saw him on Rhaegal. They definitely stretched dragonlore there.

It happened during the Dance of the Dragons (Targaryen Civil War). The faction holding Dragonstone had too few riders and more or less held a dragontamer contest. 

With a high rate of attrition. And mixed final results, but they found riders even for the wild dragons.

1 hour ago, Kaptajn Congoboy said:

It happened during the Dance of the Dragons (Targaryen Civil War). The faction holding Dragonstone had too few riders and more or less held a dragontamer contest. 

With a high rate of attrition. And mixed final results, but they found riders even for the wild dragons.

Right! So that's cool. 

Going back to the original post, then: Jon could feasibly take control of Drogon (assuming Dany does die) and just keep him safe, somewhere. I just can't imagine him being okay with a huge, fire-breathing monster flying free in the world.

18 minutes ago, Ellimental said:

Right! So that's cool. 

Going back to the original post, then: Jon could feasibly take control of Drogon (assuming Dany does die) and just keep him safe, somewhere. I just can't imagine him being okay with a huge, fire-breathing monster flying free in the world.

No rider has ever mounted 2 different dragons. Never. Dragons get new riders after their riders die, but never the other way around. So I am pretty sure Jon will not ride Drogon. If anyone rides Drogon rather than just killing him, it will be either Arya or Tyrion, possibly with some warging help from Bran. And they will do so in order to take that dragon far far FAR away from Westeros.

2 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

No rider has ever mounted 2 different dragons. Never. Dragons get new riders after their riders die, but never the other way around. So I am pretty sure Jon will not ride Drogon. If anyone rides Drogon rather than just killing him, it will be either Arya or Tyrion, possibly with some warging help from Bran. And they will do so in order to take that dragon far far FAR away from Westeros.

That's what I was asking (or trying to) in my original question: can a dragon rider take a new dragon when theirs dies and the rider of another dies. Well, NM, that rules out Jon for Drogon. Kill the damn fire lizard and be done with it, then! XD

16 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Hopefully he flies off to Valyria and out of the story alive.

This, he’s an endangered species!.

You can’t really blame him for Kings Landing that was all his rider.

From what actors said the finale will tie up all loose ends. I think Drogon will be killed. 

If a blade can kill a dragon, then maybe Jon lures him close enough to deal a mortal blow

Maybe Bran wargs him and have Drogon dive from sky heights to his death

Maybe we have the repeat of Red Wedding, with Jon "breaking character" for the good of humanity and pose as the loving groom. The Dothraki, the Unsullied and Danny are slaughtered. Drogon might end like Graywind (instead of crossbows, scorpions)

21 minutes ago, Nakraal said:

From what actors said the finale will tie up all loose ends. I think Drogon will be killed. 

If a blade can kill a dragon, then maybe Jon lures him close enough to deal a mortal blow

Maybe Bran wargs him and have Drogon dive from sky heights to his death

Maybe we have the repeat of Red Wedding, with Jon "breaking character" for the good of humanity and pose as the loving groom. The Dothraki, the Unsullied and Danny are slaughtered. Drogon might end like Graywind (instead of crossbows, scorpions)

That's good ending. He can say Sansa sends her regards. :P

What I hope happens: Dany commands Drogon to burn Jon alive. Drogon leans in towards Dany, roars out of anger, disobeys Dany and maybe flies away. Or will switch to Jon. Dunno. But I really wanted a proper relationship explored between Ghost and Jon. And I really want a proper bond between Jon and a Dragon. Something cool besides riding Rhaegal for like a minute. I always wanted to see the doubt in the dragons having to interfere with a family crisis, their family of sorts. Just because fantasy elements and CGI are there doesn't mean you can't explore emotions. My favorite part about the dragons where never when they lit stuff on fire. It was when the camera zoomed in and you saw emotion, their behavior towards Tyrion when he set them free or when Drogon had a intimate moment with Jon or when the dragons interact with Dany.

What will probably happen: Drogon flies off...The End.

I'm definately not getting what I want. If Arya kills Dany, Drogon should be close by. He would know and cause havoc and kill everyone, you'd assume. But they're definately not gonna do that and kill Arya as well, she is the chosen one. So maybe Drogon will be far far away and D&D will just...forget about them for the rest of the show. Stranger things have happened.

Archived