So what happens to Drogon?

Kimbono

My ideal ending would be Dany leaving Westeros with Drogon after burning down KL and giving up everything she fought for since the beginning of the story since she is not loved. But, in season 2 we had a glimpse of her ending: The throne room destroyed and snow ashes falling over the Iron throne and just before she could touch it, she heard her baby's cries and reunited with Drogo - Guess she'll be killed in the throne room.

No one has a way to kill Drogon now (no NK, no scorpions) so I don't think he dies/gets killed. Hopefully he lays eggs in Dragonsotne or something.

6 minutes ago, Larger than Average Finger said:

I think (fear) that Bran will get one more role by warging into Drogon.

If they go that regrettable route, I deeply hope it is not with Danny on his back, ready to burn Winterfel.

If Bran wargs drogon with Dany riding, it will be for the express purpose of flying her far far far away where she cannot be a danger to anyone.

Bronn shoots Drogon with a scorpion that escaped the flames.

There are only two secondary characters left in the game at this point: Gendry and Bronn. And they both got massive name checks in this season and haven't really done anything of note yet.

Euron pops up with a it crossbow shoots him in the eye and falls into the dragonpit and blows up from wildfire killing the dothroki . Jon pushes dany out a window. But doesn't die until fusion shoots her with a crossbow. Euron is killed by yara ollie style.

I am in the "Drogon would stay neutral when Jon kills Dany" camp. 

Besides That: Long ago Drogon had to take a nap for several weeks after an exhausting flight. So after all the flying and flaming in the last episodes it should be bed time now. Of course the writers of the show have long forgotten what they once implied about draconian biology.

That could be a nice story: Dany trying to hide that Drogon is currently unavailable while still needing to excite fear.

Drogon will suddenly reveal he's been able to speak all along. Then, in a rousing well articulated speech, will scold Danny for her selfish murderous actions, and point out in no uncertain terms to all the other witnesses what a foolish and narrow minded system a patriarchal monarchy really is, and curse them all for their continued ignorance. He will then fly off into the sunset with his final words: "Peace out, losers!"

Cue scenes of all surviving characters jaws agape in silent shock. Roll credits. 

7 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

This, he’s an endangered species!.

You can’t really blame him for Kings Landing that was all his rider.

Are we sure? We haven't heard from her yet. Perhaps Drogon went berserk and she just couldn't get him to leave off.

54 minutes ago, Simon Tam said:

I am in the "Drogon would stay neutral when Jon kills Dany" camp. 

Surely Drogon would never "stay neutral" with respect to the murder of his mother and rider, nor to her eventual murderer. That just isn't Drogon's personality.

11 hours ago, Torienne said:

The writers dislike Jon so much that they let Arya kill the NK - who was hated by the audience - and win the war against the WW which was Jon´s war.

After watching ep 5 I am terribly sure that D&D will make Jon kill the last dragon - who like Viserion and Rhaegal was so much loved by the audience. This would explain Kit Harington´s tears after the reading. And his "Disappointing!" when asked to describe the finale in one word.

Why do they do this? Just to prove us: They can.

Nope. They know that Martin refuses to let there be any glorious hero role for him. It's part of the overarching motif running throughout his tale. He's a good man but flawed, just like Ned, and it got them both killed. He can't ever be allowed to become "the hero" of our story, because that ruins what Martin is doing.

There are plenty of comic book shows with predictably heroic endings. Slake your thirst for heroes there.

23 hours ago, snow is the man said:

makes as much sense as this episode.

Don't you think the showrunners deliberately chose to create cliffhanger-like tension before the very last episode ever by trying to mislead the audience about key aspects of what really went down? 

That's pretty much the standard recipe for shows like this, because it makes the payback in the final episode all the more momentous and satisfying? 

16 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Are we sure? We haven't heard from her yet. Perhaps Drogon went berserk and she just couldn't get him to leave off.

Seeing how he has been around large populations before I'm more thinking it was her controlling him than him acting on instinct to be honest.

16 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Nope. They know that Martin refuses to let there be any glorious hero role for him. It's part of the overarching motif running throughout his tale. He's a good man but flawed, just like Ned, and it got them both killed. He can't ever be allowed to become "the hero" of our story, because that ruins what Martin is doing.

There are plenty of comic book shows with predictably heroic endings. Slake your thirst for heroes there.

What makes you assume I had a primitive "thirst for heroes". Or that I was a comic book fan.

I don't want one-dimensional characters, that's all. And I indeed don't like the way how show-Jon is stumbling through all these battles: Absolutely implausible to me, how people in the show should adore and choose this man as a charismatic leader. This show-Jon as KitN - I never bought it. 

8 hours ago, Ellimental said:

That's what I was asking (or trying to) in my original question: can a dragon rider take a new dragon when theirs dies and the rider of another dies. Well, NM, that rules out Jon for Drogon. Kill the damn fire lizard and be done with it, then! XD

If the show was trying to be accurate to the books with the bonding between dragon and rider, Rhaegal would of never have left Winterfell with Danny, he would of stayed with his bonded rider Jon.  

Going by book facts, Drogon would never allow other people riding him either, after the Suicide squad episode when they travelled north of the wall to collect a wight, danny had everyone jump on him during their escape, this wouldn't happen either.

So Anything could happen in this show,  

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

We should have gotten a little truth in advertising and Martin should have said long ago this was a tragedy.  The idea that this ending is bittersweet is BS.  It's tragic. 

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

And how do you know this?.... As a big fan of Georges writing, I've been following him for many years and I've never seen him state this in interviews or his "Not a Blog"... If this is true post a link please

13 hours ago, Torienne said:

The writers dislike Jon so much that they let Arya kill the NK - who was hated by the audience - and win the war against the WW which was Jon´s war.

After watching ep 5 I am terribly sure that D&D will make Jon kill the last dragon - who like Viserion and Rhaegal was so much loved by the audience. This would explain Kit Harington´s tears after the reading. And his "Disappointing!" when asked to describe the finale in one word.

Why do they do this? Just to prove us: They can.

I am pretty sure that Arya kills the NK in the books as well. Note very carefully how D&D say they chose Arya. 'We have known for three years that'. Not 'we decided'.

It makes perfect sense for it to be Arya because there are three threats and the NK turns out to be the least dangerous.

Arya kills the NK, Cersei is still out there holding Kings Landing hostage threatening to wipe out the North.

Danny kills Cersei, then proves she is even worse

So Jon's great task is to kill the biggest threat of them all - Danny.

Notice how Qyburn and Varys both create a monster and die because they are unable to control it. Greggor Cleggane is Qyburn's and Danny is Vary's.

Also notice that the two children Ned tries to save end up on opposite sides in the final battle.

It wouldn't have made sense for Jon to kill the NK because it has to be clear that his great task has yet to come. Just as Arya can't kill Danny and the NK, Jon can't kill both of them either.

3 minutes ago, hallam said:

I am pretty sure that Arya kills the NK in the books as well. Note very carefully how D&D say they chose Arya. 'We have known for three years that'. Not 'we decided'.

I am pretty sure to remember one of the D´s commenting Arya and not Jon killing the NK by saying "We didn't want to go for the obvious". 

To me that means they had a choice.

Archived