So what happens to Drogon?

Kimbono

14 hours ago, NicciTarg said:

I still don't understand why these three dragons crossed the wall when Silverwing refused. 

I do hope Drogon flies away like Sheepstealer.  If we have a human "dragon" alive, we need a literal dragon alive. 

I don't think the dragons crossing the wall will happen in the books, I think we are more likely to get an actual Ice dragon, which has been hinted at in the books a few times.

The whole "The dragon must have three heads" prophecy/saying seems to have been forgotten in the show as well. I always thought the three riders would be Danny and Jon, then either Tyrion, fAegon or Ayra (with her warg abilities). 

I did think Dogon for Danny, then Viserion with Jon and Arya with Rhaegal. I thought this not because of the names but because of their personalities, when they are locked up under the pyramid they are discribed as.. Viserion was more laid back, quieter and white in colour like Ghost... Rhaegal was more Aggressive, more likely to attack and kill to protect his brother like Nymeria and Arya.. but that was just my own brain throwing out theories..     

16 hours ago, hallam said:

It was obvious that there will be a Night King in the books long before we saw him in the show. 

Dismissing a theory about the books because GRRM hasn't whacked you over the head with something yet is really pretty lame. 

So do you think the Others will be extinguished with the killing of the NK like they did in the show. I always thought the The Others where a creature in their own right like the Children of the forest, they weren't created, they evolved like everything else. 

In the long night... I'm surprised the Others pretty much defeated man,  killed thousands and caused chaos, only to be stopped by one guy "The last Hero"... When i read the books I thought this was odd, I Kind of thought, maybe he struck a deal with them, something that man has forgotten and that was the reason behind them waking up and attacking Westeros again... a forgotten oath.

This was just my own theory I had while reading..

14 hours ago, hallam said:

I thought your original comment pretty rude.

Of course the Night King might have a different name in the books. But it is clear that there will be a leader of the others and that the mythic past discovered by Sam will play some sort of part.

Dissing people for saying Arya is going to be the person who kills the leader because the books might use a different name seems like a distinction without a difference to me.

There is nothing rude in pointing out that, as yet, there is no Night King in the books. It's weird that anyone would find a statement of fact as "rude", but whatever.

The Great Other does appear to be the leader of the Others, though. Melisandre certainly fears him/it. If Arya is the one to kill the Great Other, then cool. I just don't think the solution is going to be anywhere near as quick and easy as it was in the show.

48 minutes ago, Ellimental said:

There is nothing rude in pointing out that, as yet, there is no Night King in the books. It's weird that anyone would find a statement of fact as "rude", but whatever.

The Great Other does appear to be the leader of the Others, though. Melisandre certainly fears him/it. If Arya is the one to kill the Great Other, then cool. I just don't think the solution is going to be anywhere near as quick and easy as it was in the show.

Of course the books will be more complex. Last we heard Winds of Winter is two books.

The books pretty much suggest that the great other can only be killed with lightbringer. They also make fairly clear that the Night King of legend who is mentioned very prominently has some relations to the origins of the great other. Those reveals are the reason to read the books.

Complaining because GRRM didn't give you the story you expected really suggest not paying attention.

Arya climbed the wierwood tree and lay in wait for the NK. I see nothing ridiculous about that. Of course you forgot about her, that is how ninja assassins work.

1 hour ago, Flightless bird said:

So do you think the Others will be extinguished with the killing of the NK like they did in the show. I always thought the The Others where a creature in their own right like the Children of the forest, they weren't created, they evolved like everything else. 

I am fairly sure Craster's sacrifice of his sons to the other is the origin of the WWs but not the NK/GO as in the show. Seems reasonable that killing a WW causes the wights he raised to collapse. But does killing the NK/GO kill the WWs? Possibly not because they are created from the living, not the dead. 

I have suspected that those flayed skins the Boltons collect turn into wights at some point and could well see Cersei being strangled by Jamie to stop her turning undead. But I rather suspect that as in the show the removal of the threat from the WWs doesn't end the politics or war.

17 hours ago, Nightwish said:

Haven’t read it. But it doesn’t matter. A tragic hero is supposed to have a tragic end. Not bittersweet. Too many genres gathering and I don’t see the experiment working. 

I don't know why but Jack Bauer suddenly popped in my head while reading this :wacko:.

He get's stabbed by some dragonglass or valyrian blade, but instead of shattering into ice he bursts into flame. 

I can already hear D&D: "Dragons have the same weaknesses as the other magical creatures in the show. Creatively it made sense to us because we wanted it to happen. :dunno:"

1 hour ago, hallam said:

Arya climbed the wierwood tree and lay in wait for the NK. I see nothing ridiculous about that. Of course you forgot about her, that is how ninja assassins work.

I didn't think she was in the tree... when Jon was behind the rock trapped, it looked like he spotted someone off screen... unarmed he stood and shouted "GO GO GOOOOO!" he distracted it... you see the wights hair blow, as she belts past.. then boom

2 hours ago, hallam said:

Of course the books will be more complex. Last we heard Winds of Winter is two books.

The books pretty much suggest that the great other can only be killed with lightbringer. They also make fairly clear that the Night King of legend who is mentioned very prominently has some relations to the origins of the great other. Those reveals are the reason to read the books.

Complaining because GRRM didn't give you the story you expected really suggest not paying attention.

I'm not disputing how it was done in the show. Nor did I say it was ridiculous. To go back to my original comment, I just said that because there's no NK in the books, Arya won't be the one to kill it. That's not a reflection on my feelings about the show. Arya killed the NK: great. Not what I expected, but it's cool. 

Nor did I say anything about the story GRRM gave us, or what I expected it to be. The only comments I've read from him about this matter is his stating the Night King we know from the books, that is the 13th LC, is long dead and not coming back (if he ever truly existed at all). I know that's a different NK from the one on the show, before you go there. Again, I haven't picked up on any evidence for there being a NK in the books, nor have I seen it theorised. I'm open to the idea.

Meanwhile, I feel like you're deliberately putting words in my mouth here and then twisting those things I didn't say to make it seem like I have some kind of chip on my shoulder. So, I'm disengaging now. 

With the wights gone, I imagine that Drogon will die as well to balance out ice and fire and bring an end to the age of magic. Either Bronn or Arya end up killing him. It may be with a scorpion or through the eye with a spear.

12 hours ago, Aurane said:

With the wights gone, I imagine that Drogon will die as well to balance out ice and fire and bring an end to the age of magic. Either Bronn or Arya end up killing him. It may be with a scorpion or through the eye with a spear.

Or with Checkov's Crossbow that Bronn still has.

(though I hope that Drogon survives)

Archived