Tyrion's Trial Round 2

King Perkis

On 5/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Megorova said:

So it's likely, that Tyrion will be the one, who will survive. And then Tyrion and Sansa will become King and Queen of 7K. It seems to me, that this is the ending towards which D&D were aiming in this season (all those scenes with reminiscing between Tyrion and Sansa).

This is what I have been thinking the books have been leading to - Sansa and Tyrion.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Winter prince said:

Dany doesn't do trials.  Ser Barristan had to beg her to give a man a trial in Mereen.  If she decides that Tyrion is her enemy he is done.

My sentiments exactly. 

Dany didn't even give Varys the courtesy of any last words.

Sansa and even Cersei were kinder in that regard.

On 5/13/2019 at 1:28 PM, Anthony Pirtle said:

Daenerys doesn't strike me as the trial kind of gal anymore. Just ask Varys.

Dany wouldn't get a trial, either. Ned didn't do trials. Jon will not have forgotten this when in his mind he silently intones...

“Daenerys my love, I Aegon Targaryen, Sixth and Last of my Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, do sentence you to die.”

~~~ And the vorpal blade sang snicker-snack! ~~~

Of course that isn't going to happen, but can you imagine Jon’s own heart were this her final end? Because of the knife-sharp sense of unwavering duty and honor he had learnt from Ned, Jon by carrying out the lawful execution whose judgement he as the lawful king passed would have so broken his own heart forever that never again could he find love.

But unlike Jon, we the audience know full well that Ned did not place duty and honor in front of love, a matter which Jon's Uncle Aemon knew a great deal about and even tried to bring Jon to understand.

How for Jon to learn all that would not be too much sorrow to countenance living through and beyond, I have no idea. I don't know whether that means it's impossible or inescapable.

Soon we shall all know.

Archived