Who liked sandor's ending.

snow is the man

I really wished he would have survived but the fact that it had him save arya was great and had his redemption arc play out well. While I didn't want to see him die fighting his brother I thought it was well done. Not the fight scene but how he took him out at the end with the death clamp.  Anyone else agree.

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I really wished he would have survived but the fact that it had him save arya was great and had his redemption arc play out well. While I didn't want to see him die fighting his brother I thought it was well done. Not the fight scene but how he took him out at the end with the death clamp.  Anyone else agree.

Maybe the show ends and it is Sandor telling Joffrey s2-8 as a bed time story. He does his s1 ep10 slow clap and smirk "very amusing" dog.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

They basically gave him a Dark Souls boss fight ending.

And it was hilarious. He had tons of plot armor, even when Gregor tried the Oberyn head-popping move on him. Just before that Gregor effortlessly smashed Qyburn's head in...

His arc could not have ended any other way. He was destined to die in the final battle with his brother. I knew he was a dead man walking as soon as he killed the butcher's boy in season 1. He wasn't inherently evil, but like Jaime, there were too many unforgivable deeds in his past to merit any kind of happy ending.

5 hours ago, snow is the man said:

but the fact that it had him save arya was great and had his redemption arc play out well.

Honestly, it made no sense taking Arya through the whole city up the red keep and then tell her to turn around to not become him. In the middle of a war zone while a dragon is destroying everything! She could have easily been dead at the end of this without having done anything else than going in and out (and she should have been because she survived for no reason while everything and everybody around her got entirely burned). Also at one point Arya is portrayed as this strong independent women and in the next moment she needs help to make an important last minute choice. Of course it makes sense that she learns it by Sandor's demise. But that he literally had to tell her without any development was just rushed (no surprise) - by now she could as well have come to the same conclusion just by herself considering all the time she has spent with him. She cares for her family and therefor has a reason to not waste her life on revenge. It gives the impression that it's entirely undecided what kind of character Arya is supposed to be. She is strong when she needs to be and needs help when others need to be helpful. Sorry for the offtopic.

About Sandor: I had no hopes so i can't say i'm disappointed (not happy either). It is basically what was to be expected.

I liked his ending, I liked the full battle tbh.

I guess you can interpret things differently but he went there to die anyway. he's spent his life serving people he didn't even like all angry and fixated on revenge, he's wasted his life really but if he's wasted his life due to the Mountain then he might as well at least fulfil the reason he wasted his life because otherwise he's achieved nothing.

He took Arya because he expected her to kill Cersei and he'd take care of the Mountain but then he already knew once the dragon was causing havoc that Cersei was dead, may as well save Arya and with that she has no real purpose to kill anymore so may as well save her from becoming the next Hound.

then the fight itself. Mountain aint ever been brainwashed, he's been Mountain the whole time. he just didn't mind being a lackey for Cersei, I mean he got to slaughter and rape without punishment, in fact he was rewarded for it so why wouldn't he want that job. Hound is bigger fry, they've been leading to this since kids and that's where he drew the line.

Hound outfights him but Mountain is now unkillable so Hound gets a beating, Gregor wants to punish him so gets cocky like oberyn did with him and gets a knife in the face for it. Beast style, it doesn't kill him and Sandor knows he has to sacrifice himself to kill Gregor, he goes out taking out his monster brother and that's they way it was always meant to be. Proper ending for the Cleganes.

I didn't like his death. In fact I didn't like Cleganebowl at all. Which surprises me because I was really hyped for it. I think I was deluded by thinking Sandor would survive it. Bittersweet means some faves make it out alive right? Well I had my heart set on Sandor surviving but was prepared for the worst just in case.

However the more I think about it the more hyped I get for book version of Cleganebowl because it can't happen the way it did in show for 2 main reasons. 1 Sandor is no longer the hound and is now the gravedigger so I doubt revenge is what motivates Cleganebowl in books, also there was no POV character witnessing it to tell us of the fight in the books, so it can't be fought there or then in the midst of KL burning. I'm hopeful I'm more satisfied in the books whether Sandor lives or dies in cleganebowl

Archived