Who liked sandor's ending.

snow is the man

7 minutes ago, DirePenguin said:

Gregor disobeying Cersei to fight him made too little sense for me to invest in that whole point...

Yeah, I didn't like that either. For some 3 seasons Gregor was 100% reliable commands-obeying killing machine. And suddenly he ignores Cersei and kills his creator because his literally rotten brain suddenly recognizes Sandor and wants to kill him. Feels wierd. Does Gregor even hate Sandor? It always seemed to me that he pretty much ignored him.

Slightly off topic, but I noticed that Sandor called Cersei “your grace”. Does that mean he acknowledges her as the queen and not Dany? Or was he just being courteous? Or was it just habit since she was Queen and then Queen Regent when he last saw her?

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

I don't think the Elder Brother was completely bullshitting.

Right. I'm just more wary now that we've had the example of Jaime in the show. I'm not convinced his book ending and show ending are the same, but I can now see a version (a much better written version) where Jaime does go back to Cersei after burning her letter. In the same vein, I can see a version where Sandor does find peace, but circumstances rekindle the Hound. 

That's all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Right. I'm just more wary now that we've had the example of Jaime in the show. I'm not convinced his book ending and show ending are the same, but I can now see a version (a much better written version) where Jaime does go back to Cersei after burning her letter. In the same vein, I can see a version where Sandor does find peace, but circumstances rekindle the Hound. 

That's all I'm saying.

It's possible that he does fight Gregor. But, I don't think it will because of a revenge motive. I think he will find his identity as Sandor and not the Hound. Not saying he will be a complete angel. But, I think there will be some change in him if he comes back.

Oh absolutely. I don't know what the scenario is (trial by combat, putting him out of his misery, etc) but that's what I want for him, to ultimately find peace and put away his anger. I don't want the Hound to kill Gregor, I want it to be Sandor.

12 minutes ago, nara said:

Slightly off topic, but I noticed that Sandor called Cersei “your grace”. Does that mean he acknowledges her as the queen and not Dany? Or was he just being courteous? Or was it just habit since she was Queen and then Queen Regent when he last saw her?

I very much took that as a joke/non sincere courtesy. 

46 minutes ago, kevinbgwrites said:

I was actually pretty sad that was the conclusion to Qyburn's story, idk what I expected but he's been one of my favorites so that was a bit unfortunate. 

Actually, the way Qyburn was just killed haphazardly, almost without a thought, was more GRRM style than anything else in the entire episode. Loved it!

2 hours ago, darmody said:

Do you think he could've brought it up earlier? Like at Winterfell? You know, so she wouldn't end up in a firestorm. 

No. Going off on a suicide mission to kill Cersei and save Kings Landing makes perfect sense to Sandor. It is the honorable thing to do. They have a mission and a plan and they are committed to completing it.

The thing that changes is that by the time they reach the Red Keep, it is too late. The city is being burned by Danny and Cersei is no longer the threat. 

1 hour ago, DirePenguin said:

Gregor disobeying Cersei to fight him made too little sense for me to invest in that whole point...

I thought it made perfect sense. Qyburn could tame the monster but only so far. 

1 hour ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Actually, the way Qyburn was just killed haphazardly, almost without a thought, was more GRRM style than anything else in the entire episode. Loved it!

Exactly! The way he is thrown aside with contempt is pretty much the biggest put down he could have received.

Qyburn is the flunky who thinks that they are utterly indispensable only to see themselves thrown aside without a thought when they are no longer useful. Cersei doesn't care in the slightest. 

I giggled when Sandor says "Your Grace" in a typical hound subtle insult.  Giggled  when Gregor just casually smashed in Qyburns head.

But then Gregor gets stabbed in the gut and suddenly his armour just.. falls off?  That ruined it for me.  Sure its a fantasy story but still made no sense what so ever within the rules of the story.   Then Sandor repeatidly getting his skull bashed in and not dieing was more annoying then zombie Gregor not dieing.  

2 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Yeah I hear you, I think I just enjoyed the character and actor a lot and that there's been increasingly fewer endearing elements.

The best part of Sandor's ending in my opinion wasn't the fight. It was him convincing Arya not to go down his path. And Arya calling him by his given birth name, recognizing his humanity.

3 hours ago, kevinbgwrites said:

I very much took that as a joke/non sincere courtesy. 

Same, her kingdom was literally coming down around her. Sandor knew he was likely the last person to ever call her that.

Archived