Who liked sandor's ending.

snow is the man

I liked the ending. I would have liked to see a better fighting scene - an open area for them to do their stuff. But his story came a full circle, he got what he deserved and he went to his death willingly - and not as a bitter broken man, as witnessed by his willingness and ability to talk Arya out of it. He was at peace not only with his own death but he also could hope and see that the world would go on without him.

You know, following on from my previous comment, it was fitting that Sansa killed Sandor, because Arya killed the Hound.

Each sister killed the half of his personality that she most closely aligned with, and connected with the other half. In that way, they learned to really see the other sister for who they were.

Sandor was the Stark sisters spirit conduit, and died for both of their sakes.

23 hours ago, Quillon said:

I like the character but he didn't deserve a better ending. He was a mad dog just like his brother but smaller. He did things to redeem himself afterwards but he was irredeemable to begin with.

i mean it's not like he actually took pleasure in killing the boy. one of the things he's always resented about gregor was his sadistic nature. sandor was basically just following orders. doesn't completely excuse his actions, but it was either that or face the wrath of a pissed off robert baratheon and his bastard heir, joffrey.

Never really felt the hype around Cleganebowl, so it just felt to me like fan-service. The fight itself was alright -- not amazingly choreographed but certainly better than horny pirate man vs. Goldenhand the Just. I would have preferred a gravedigger ending for my boy, where he just puts away his sword and lives at peace, but maybe that was just too optimistic.

I for one had no desire to see Cleganebowl, when it happened I just didn't care and it was already ridiculous that mindless zombie Gregor would even realize who his brother is to begin with. All he should know is what he is commanded, to guard Cersei.

I did like the Sandor/Arya final scene, but it was just funny to me that Sandor was telling Arya that she shouldn't be going for revenge when that's exactly what he was doing. Wish they would of both gone through that arc of moving past it.

We finally got CLEGANEBOWL !!! I was overjoyed, pumped and distraught. It was a perfect way to end his character arc even if it wasn’t the NICEST way. Would I have wanted him to live? Yes. But I knew he wouldn’t have and I was just happy we got CLEGANEBOWL 

I don’t know why people thought it was going to end in any other way!!! I can imagine other endings for his character but none of them quite ring so true for him as this. It didn’t feel like fan service - it felt like the best character arc on the show that wasn’t ruined at all. 

On 5/13/2019 at 7:20 PM, Quillon said:

I like the character but he didn't deserve a better ending. He was a mad dog just like his brother but smaller. He did things to redeem himself afterwards but he was irredeemable to begin with.

i don't think he was irredeemable, the septon speech about  in the books proves that.

I don't even think we're gonna have a "Cleganebowl" in the books, the hound arc in the books is pretty much done as i can see it, and the irony of all is that he's going to be one of the few characters that gonna have any redemption.

in a matter of fact, the hound is already dead in the books, just sandor lives now.

8 hours ago, BlueNightzx said:

i don't think he was irredeemable, the septon speech about  in the books proves that.

Maybe I'm taking it personal that he butchered Ned's household with other Lannister soldiers after Robert's death.

He has been a nihilistic wanderer for most of his life.  His arc doesn't end in redemption and it shouldn't. He had brief flashes of finding some meaning in his life but usually they were more moments of convenience for him then true transformation.  

I didn't like the filming of the fight, but I think it was the right way for his arc to end.  A pointless death trying get some small bit of satisfaction.  

Archived