Tormund was right

Aerys Blackfyre

1 hour ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

"Who rides a fucking dragon? A madman or a king!"

Turns out she was totally nuts.

And btw, the gods didn't need to throw a coin on Jon, because he wasn't born of incest!

You earn praise for getting a giggle out of me.  Not what I expected when I was clicking on this.

1 hour ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

"Who rides a fucking dragon? A madman or a king!"

Turns out she was totally nuts.

And btw, the gods didn't need to throw a coin on Jon, because he wasn't born of incest!

Aerion Targaryen wasn't born of incest and look how he turned out. Yeah, in the end Tormund was right.

9 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon was raised a Stark bastard who knows what would have happen if he was raised with Dany and her brother. 

likely would end up like dany. her brother brainwashed her. 

10 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Tormund: "Now you don't like kneeling. Mance Rayder was a great man, proud man. King beyond the wall who never bend the knee. How many of his people died for his pride"

Tormund was wrong.

mmm.....no....Tormund was right here as well.  95,000+ of his people died because of that.

8 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

What else could Jon have done but kneel. North would have lost to the dead army without Dany's help.

Technically she said she would go North to fight with him before he bed-bent the knee, but I get your point.

8 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Disagree.  Jon guaranteed Dany's support by doing that and saved the North.

It did cause all kinds of trouble, though.

Nope. Dany was going to help Jon, wether Jon would have bend the knee or not. Go rewatch Beyond The Wall. At the very end when Jon is on the bed recovering, the conversation is there. This isn't even up for debate.

16 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Nope. Dany was going to help Jon, wether Jon would have bend the knee or not. Go rewatch Beyond The Wall. At the very end when Jon is on the bed recovering, the conversation is there. This isn't even up for debate.

Don't have to rewatch.  I saw it.  I know Dany offered help before Jon bent the knee.  Bending the knee sealed the deal, as it were.  And it was Tormund's little monologue that got Jon over the hump on bending the knee.

(In actuality, it was Dany saying "I love you" and Jon replying "I love you, too".)

On 5/14/2019 at 11:41 PM, DirePenguin said:

The show did a poor job at that... its as if Dany's army were barely any help at all.

Thankfully Dany gave the night king Viserion so he could blast a hole in the wall. 

And

Tell you what, those Dothroki made a huge difference... Oh wait

And Drogon destroyed that night king with dragon fire and won the... No, wait. 

All they needed was Arya?

Archived