What Is Left to Rule?

So in the Ep 6 trailer they show Daenerys high above all her troops and an obliterated Kings Landing.  She got what she wanted exactly the way she wanted.  But what's next for her?  She burned probably every last resource she had.  Food, materials, transportation, workforce etc.  I know the show has used Queen of the Ashes quite a bit, but being that type of Queen you won't last long.  All she can do is stand atop the ashes and do nothing because there is no city left. 

10 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

she could just fcuk off back to Essos... shes probably had enough of Westeros and saw her homecoming a totally different way only to be let down majorly.

She was sittin pretty in Essos.  Basically Dany was happy in the East, and Jon was happy in the North, brooding, but happy. Now they all came south and it's a disaster.

1 minute ago, House Rootbreaker said:

She was sittin pretty in Essos.  Basically Dany was happy in the East, and Jon was happy in the North, brooding, but happy. Now they all came south and it's a disaster.

IF Dario has done his job she could just return and take up where she left off... and never speak of her actions in Westeros.. with the remaining unsullied and dothraki she has left.

With Kingslanding destroyed there will be no more king/queen just a land divided by each of the lords of their respective lands.. as it was before the Targs united everything under one ruler.

Tormun will rule beyond the wall.

Sansa will rule the north.

etc.....

1 hour ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

With Kingslanding destroyed there will be no more king/queen just a land divided by each of the lords of their respective lands.. as it was before the Targs united everything under one ruler.

A divided Westeros might be a good idea. The viable futures are either that, an elected regent or some kind of domination by the strongest power. 

Where the heck is she getting all those troops? I could barely buy that she still had a lot of Unsullied and Dothraki left after the escapades last season (heck, how many ships did the Iron Fleet have to take them all across the sea in the first place?). It seems like the Unsullied were decimated at Casterly Rock, but then she still had thousands left to take north. In the Battle for Winterfell, we see the Dothraki wiped out and the Unsullied all falling in front of the trenches. And in the next episode, turns out 50% of them survived somehow. But those are still few, too few to take King's Landing, it seems.

The Unsullied go south on ships, planning to stop at Dragonstone. But Euron and his magic ballistae come out of nowhere and sink the fleet. We only see a handful of men making it to shore. Yet in the next episode, there are still thousands storming King's Landing. A city that soon after is lit indiscriminately on fire. The whole place is burning when Jon sounds the retreat, and the Unsullied and Dothraki are still charging into the burning parts. And now we're told once again that thousands upon thousands are still left? Do Unsullied and Dothraki respawn somehow?

12 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

Where the heck is she getting all those troops? I could barely buy that she still had a lot of Unsullied and Dothraki left after the escapades last season (heck, how many ships did the Iron Fleet have to take them all across the sea in the first place?). It seems like the Unsullied were decimated at Casterly Rock, but then she still had thousands left to take north. In the Battle for Winterfell, we see the Dothraki wiped out and the Unsullied all falling in front of the trenches. And in the next episode, turns out 50% of them survived somehow. But those are still few, too few to take King's Landing, it seems.

The Unsullied go south on ships, planning to stop at Dragonstone. But Euron and his magic ballistae come out of nowhere and sink the fleet. We only see a handful of men making it to shore. Yet in the next episode, there are still thousands storming King's Landing. A city that soon after is lit indiscriminately on fire. The whole place is burning when Jon sounds the retreat, and the Unsullied and Dothraki are still charging into the burning parts. And now we're told once again that thousands upon thousands are still left? Do Unsullied and Dothraki respawn somehow?

Forget "all of these troops". If the untapped potential of the Reach (minus the Highgarden garrison and Tarly forces) she should could easily muster 70k troops, let alone adding Dorne, Riverlands, Vale, etc....

The problem is the regenerative foreign army. Where did the Dothraki in episode 5 come from? Apparently they also are worth 10-15 lannister infantrymen each.

1 minute ago, nyser1 said:

Forget "all of these troops". If the untapped potential of the Reach (minus the Highgarden garrison and Tarly forces) she should could easily muster 70k troops, let alone adding Dorne, Riverlands, Vale, etc....

The problem is the regenerative foreign army. Where did the Dothraki in episode 5 come from? Apparently they also are worth 10-15 lannister infantrymen each.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sloppily worded, I know.

I did indeed mean the Unsullied and the Dothraki. Armies we've seen appear to be wiped out in their entirety several times this season alone, but when the situation calls for it she still has thousands and thousands of them at the ready; armed, fed, and armoured. Looking at the EP6 preview, there are clearly more of them left there than would ever fit on board the Iron Fleet in the first place, and this is after several "total army wipes". One thing is overlooking logistics because the writers hate math showing it would be "boring", but repeatedly showing the armies be crushed by the enemy of the day and always having thousands of them ready to fight in the next episode is just bad, bad writing.

2 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

Yes, that's what I meant. Sloppily worded, I know.

I did indeed mean the Unsullied and the Dothraki. Armies we've seen appear to be wiped out in their entirety several times this season alone, but when the situation calls for it she still has thousands and thousands of them at the ready; armed, fed, and armoured. Looking at the EP6 preview, there are clearly more of them left there than would ever fit on board the Iron Fleet in the first place, and this is after several "total army wipes". One thing is overlooking logistics because the writers hate math showing it would be "boring", but repeatedly showing the armies be crushed by the enemy of the day and always having thousands of them ready to fight in the next episode is just bad, bad writing.

Perhaps there could be some logic if we are lucky. Emphasizing FOREIGN queen with FOREIGN armies SLAUGHTERING Westerosi. Seems like a good reason to oust her.

Just now, nyser1 said:

Perhaps there could be some logic if we are lucky. Emphasizing FOREIGN queen with FOREIGN armies SLAUGHTERING Westerosi. Seems like a good reason to oust her.

The obvious symbolism (Dany becoming everything the smallfolk feared) is not the problem in my eyes. Not this problem, at any rate. The problem is the REPEATED use of "Oh no, Dany is losing, we see her troops being totally wiped out with no survivors" only for there to be thousands and thousands of warriors popping up and being fit for fight in the next episode.

They made a point of showing the Dothraki being totally massacred at Winterfell, and a point of showing only a handful of Unsullied make it past the fire trench. They made another point of showing Euron sinking the fleet that carried all the Unsullied (in armour, nonetheless) off Dragonstone, with only a handful making it to shore. They made a point of showing the Unsullied charge into the city while Daenerys was burning it, with nobody calling a retreat. And yet they have hordes of perfectly fine Unsullied and Dothraki filling King's Landing in the next episode preview. How many times will we see the horde being wiped out to the last man, with a lone survivor looking at the carnage lamenting he's the only one left, only for there to be a well-equipped army of them there again the next day? It's like Dany is playing a strategy video game with liberal use of cheat codes.

I actually think she will live. She will probably execute Tyrion, remember his plea with the Tarley’s? “We’ve already lost one great house today, don’t let there be another”... I think he’s all but sealed his fate bringing an end to the Lannister house. I can see Dany melting the throne with Drogon before flying away... she will leave the city in ruins and allow the lords and the citizens to rebuild the city. I have a suspicion she will be up the duff too, with Jon’s sprog.... I know it makes no real sense, and my head says that Dany will almost definitely die... but it does seem a tad unrealistic considering her and Drogon have just BBQ’d the city. 

I mean Cersei lasted long enough after the Sept of Baelor incident and she only had one big dude. Daenerys has a dragon.

What’s left to rule is Technically the seven kingdoms minus Winterfell and King’s Landing. Dorne, the Stormlands, the Westernlands, the Riverlands, the Reach, the Vale are all intact. Half the north is also intact. :dunno: 

then again, she won’t get to rule. She will be killed or she’ll go back to Essos or she’ll kill herself or something. 

14 hours ago, snow is the man said:

There is noone to stand against her with an army capable of stopping her. I mean she took KL with just a dragon pretty much. The soldiers didn't do much.

Yeah, the only possible way to stop her at this point is an assassination. She's done with walking on eggshells so there's no chance anyone can stop her in battle. She laid waste to a city full of innocent people, I'm pretty sure she won't shy away from burning the castle of a lord in open rebellion. 

17 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

King's Landing didn't have any resources. It only existed to be the place where the monarch ruled the rest of Westeros. She could try to take the rest of the 7 Kingdoms now, but as there's only one episode left, I sincerely doubt it will matter much.

She has the capital city, the last Queen is dead. Dany now has the seven kingdoms. All that's left now is the seven Lords Paramount to swear fealty to her. 

As for OP: there's a lot left to rule. Westeros, the seven kingdoms, is a lot bigger than just KL. 

This is always what kinda annoyed me about this Dany is hell bent on taking over the iron throne. She has support from the other lords, she has a castle, she can get support from every house in westeros and just leave King's Landing alone for a while. If she really wanted people to love her, like she claims, there would have been a very realistic approach to it. But instead, because we are rushing a story, we have to quickly run over and burn everything and become mad.

42 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

This is always what kinda annoyed me about this Dany is hell bent on taking over the iron throne. She has support from the other lords, she has a castle, she can get support from every house in westeros and just leave King's Landing alone for a while. If she really wanted people to love her, like she claims, there would have been a very realistic approach to it. But instead, because we are rushing a story, we have to quickly run over and burn everything and become mad.

Yup. She could have found a lord to marry. Marry off her nephew to some other house to build an alliance. 

3 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Agreed. She had time on her side.  How long could Cersei have kept all those people inside the walls of the Red Keep?  Scorpions were mounted on ships and the walls of KL so everywhere else Drogon was completely safe.  

Archived