Prediction - Arya Stark will kill Daenerys Targaryen

The end of episode 5 and the small preview for episode 6 kind of hints at this. We got a slow mo scene with Arya at the end that felt like 15 minutes. I think this scene spoils that Arya will kill Dany, as a faceless man. There has to be a point to that scene, as stupid as it was. I think they wanted to show us how devastated Arya is by the aftermath and how full of rage that will make her and thus motivating her even more so to kill Dany. More emphasis was put on her than Jon, we saw her many times wandering around escaping from the ruins, the shots of her seeing all the innocenet deaths and then the end happened where they decided to show a large section of just slow mo of the aftermath from Arya's perspective. We see her in the preview watching Dany from far away. It's so obvious imo.

I am more confident of this happening than Jon killing Dany. Seeing as Jon is a spineless, submissive coward.

Thoughts ?

23 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

The end of episode 5 and the small preview for episode 6 kind of hints at this. We got a slow mo scene with Arya at the end that felt like 15 minutes. I think this scene spoils that Arya will kill Dany, as a faceless man. There has to be a point to that scene, as stupid as it was. I think they wanted to show us how devastated Arya is by the aftermath and how full of rage that will make her and thus motivating her even more so to kill Dany. More emphasis was put on her than Jon, we saw her many times wandering around escaping from the ruins, the shots of her seeing all the innocenet deaths and then the end happened where they decided to show a large section of just slow mo of the aftermath from Arya's perspective. We see her in the preview watching Dany from far away. It's so obvious imo.

I am more confident of this happening than Jon killing Dany. Seeing as Jon is a spineless, submissive coward.

Thoughts ?

No. The Arya scenes in this episode were very well done, and were there to show us what Arya's scenes through the seasons and her chapters in the books were always showing, the suffering of the common people when the high lords play their game of thrones. Arya has always been that link with the commonfolk, and her scenes in this episode only reflected that. She is done with killing imo, after this...so much death is too much even for a student of the many faced god. 

I kinda see 3 options:

1. Arya straight up assasinates her without much to it.

2. Arya uses Jons face (the show doesnt really focus on "how" the masks are made and with Arya being close with Jon she may be able to do it?) and we the emotion from Dany of getting killed by Jon even tho the real Jon can still be the "nice guy"

3. We follow Arya trying to get to Dany building up the expectation of her killing the Queen and just before she can strike we get Jon coming in and he does it, giving us yet again a "surprise" moment

With the writing style the last Episodes I tend to option 3. (Edit: Also "giving" Arya another "big kill" would be to much, imo)

30 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Thoughts ?

For most of the season I was on the, Jon must kill Dany bandwagon. It seems D&D absolutely love Arya, way more than Jon though. So if it's important, she is going to do it. The only thing I could see is she wears someone's face to do the killing.

On another thread I was talking this out, but Dany's army seems even bigger now in the previews, somehow. So they have to get through her armies and her dragon and kill her. Arya seems the only one able to do that.

1 hour ago, Sheiraseastar23 said:

No. The Arya scenes in this episode were very well done, and were there to show us what Arya's scenes through the seasons and her chapters in the books were always showing, the suffering of the common people when the high lords play their game of thrones. Arya has always been that link with the commonfolk, and her scenes in this episode only reflected that. She is done with killing imo, after this...so much death is too much even for a student of the many faced god. 

:agree:

While I originally suspected Arya was already intending to kill Dany when she headed south, after episode 5 I think she's turning away from violence and vengeance. At least I hope she is. It would give her last scene with Sandor more weight than her just picking a different target to go after. While I agree that Jon has become a sad sack, I think he'll do the deed. And then look sad about it.

11 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

:agree:

While I originally suspected Arya was already intending to kill Dany when she headed south, after episode 5 I think she's turning away from violence and vengeance. At least I hope she is. It would give her last scene with Sandor more weight than her just picking a different target to go after. While I agree that Jon has become a sad sack, I think he'll do the deed. And then look sad about it.

So... Arya is hellbent on revenge, goes as far as training with people that make her blind and want to kill her. Kills an entire house to get her revenge, is probably steps away from the person who she wants to kill the most only to have The Hound say, "Nah, don't do it." And that was good character writing/arya scenes being done well? I like the idea of her finally turning away from violence and vengeance, but there was no build up to that sudden change of heart....

9 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

So... Arya is hellbent on revenge, goes as far as training with people that make her blind and want to kill her. Kills an entire house to get her revenge, is probably steps away from the person who she wants to kill the most only to have The Hound say, "Nah, don't do it." And that was good character writing/arya scenes being done well? I like the idea of her finally turning away from violence and vengeance, but there was no build up to that sudden change of heart....

Well, it was as well done as anything over the last 20 some odd episodes.

Just now, Anthony Pirtle said:

Considering I don't think anything was well done the last 20 some odd episodes ... I agree with you then.. haha.

One more episode!  My theory is that Daenerys dies, Jon abdicates his claim, cousin Sansa and her husband Tyrion rule.  

At first, i thought she might die while saving Jon in the battle.  Now she is all Mad Queen.  Arya ninja killing her may make sense, but that would still leave a pissed off dragon, a vengeful army of unsullied and dothraki.

Maybe Bran wargs into Drogon and "accidentally" dismounts Daenerys who falls to her death.  Then Drogon flies into and impales self on a church spire.  Jon then sends the heartbroken Dothraki and Unsullied back to Essos. 

6 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Thoughts ?

I agree, I dont agree that Jon is a coward, he just wouldn't be able to bring himself to kill her, He's never been great when it came to killing, he doesn't enjoy it. He will hate her for what she did, but I think he'll leave the killing to Arya. 

2 hours ago, Skills said:

What if Arya TRIES to assassinate Dany, but fails and is publicly executed instead?

Then Jon finally musters up enough to oppose Dany.

Nice thought but I doubt Arya would have too much difficulty killing Daenerys, she's taken on far more tough things than her, all Daenerys has is her dragon, if Arya gets to her when she is alone, she doesn't stand a chance. 

3 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

I would have loved her to kill Cersei, but shes not an idiot, she knew if she went into the Red Keep she wouldn't have made it back out. She may have got to and finally killed Cersei, but she would have died in the process, she would have basically been walking to her death, as the Hound and Jaime both did. And I don't think she'd want to die in Kings Landing! Enough Starks died there already. She now has her sights set on someone else. 

For the realm to be saved a true hero must take difficult decisions and make sacrifices; Arya kills John so she can take his face and then kills Dany, saving the world from another tyrant. Then Grey worm  kills her but they are both killed by Drogon who has had enough and besides he sat all day without burning something. 

Back in winterfell Sansa learns the news and tells to Bran to pack his things as they are going to get the throne either he likes it or not. Bran connects with google Westeros to see how he can skip it. Finally wargs Drogon and burns Sansa while she is waiting for the carriage.  

Some kids find Bran as a skeleton in his wheelchair 500 years after because nobody remembered to move him. Nevertheless he was flying with Drogon and forgot about himself. 

Tyrion dies in the dungeons. Rumors say that he still tried to make a peace treaty with this dead sister (he never got over it), and died 15 years later still trying, unfortunately only Bron came to visit him just in case he could get a better castle. 

I mean why not? 

Archived